Jim Calhoun on CBS Radio - No interest in BC | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun on CBS Radio - No interest in BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know if this was posted.http://tbd.radio.cbssports.com/2014...e-no-interest-in-any-job-out-there-right-now/
http://tbd.radio.cbssports.com/2014...e-no-interest-in-any-job-out-there-right-now/
Higlights:
‘I Have No Interest In Any Job Out There Right Now"
When directly asked about the BC job on whether he had interest he simply said "no"

“The day that UConn is no longer in the Big East, I stopped worrying about the Big East.
“My job is not to worry about the Big East, It’s to worry about what’s going to happen with UConn.”

Reaction Score
I guess if you are interviewing him you'd have to ask that ridiculous question because of the reports/speculation.
But my next questions would be less ridiculous:
1. Do you plan to take over the UConn women's program when Geno retires?
2. Any interest in the UMass job?
3. How are things going on your book; Opposing Coaches of Great Integrity; How I love John Calipari and Rick Pitino

Reaction Score
Can't we do something about that guy who wrote an article stating, "Former UConn coach Jim Calhoun has significant interest in the BC opening."

I've had enough of reading things . . . .

Reaction Score
Can't we do something about that guy who wrote an article stating, "Former UConn coach Jim Calhoun has significant interest in the BC opening."

Kinda like this

liberace-1954-swscan10156.jpg

Reaction Score

Sure, just don't click on a link to something he's done ever again. That's the worst thing you can do to these people.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I guess I must have missed the Jacobs apology.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
that's what drives me crazy about -stirrers like him.
He got what he wanted. He was relevant again for almost 8 hours. Hell, he had more than a few dupes on this board taking his word as Gospel, even without so much as a single factual basis for it.

Reaction Score
my conspiracy theory is this.. and sorry if someone has posted something along these lines:
Calhoun, raises the prestige of BC coaching job search by throwing his name into the mix in return for BC lobbying Uconn into ACC..
Malloy makes it happen through his BC connections..and at the end of the day both groups can deny interest in one another, but the cat has already left the bag..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was the Bazz onions article. The guy is so predictable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
my conspiracy theory is this.. and sorry if someone has posted something along these lines:
Calhoun, raises the prestige of BC coaching job search by throwing his name into the mix in return for BC lobbying Uconn into ACC..
Malloy makes it happen through his BC connections..and at the end of the day both groups can deny interest in one another, but the cat has already left the bag..
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Don't bring me into that crazy assed theory.

Reaction Score
I think my theory that Calhoun expressed interest contingent on obtaining Walter White's last car and trunk apparatus is more likely. BC got wind of the plan and now Calhoun is seeing if Deflippo or their president takes Stevia in their coffee

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I can't believe Calhoun has left this open by only replying "no." So much uncertainty. If he wants the speculation to end how about saying "absolutely not" or an emphatic "hell no."

Because if the right opportunity came along, he might want it.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Calhoun has left this open by only replying "no." So much uncertainty. If he wants the speculation to end how about saying "absolutely not" or an emphatic "hell no."

give the guy a break, maybe he just likes jerking peoples chains. It ain't a crime.

Reaction Score
why would I kid? What does it matter? Specifically, what does it matter to you?
My comment was clearly sarcastic. Dont you and Emily have a date?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Plain and simple - Jacobs is a DB
He's a bandwagoner, a hater, a kiss Azzi Fudd, a placate, all rolled into one disingenuous POS

Reaction Score
Why would I believe Calhoun over Goodman and his sources?
Is it possible with how great a journalist Goodman is, he knew Calhoun wanted the the job before JC did. JC is old school. Probably doesn't use the internet so he didn't know he wanted the job.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you had to venture a guess, what would Calhoun think is the right opportunity to approach him? A particular region, school(s), conference? Or simply the visit of a Brinks truck to his front door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom