Jim Calhoun 'couldn't be prouder' of UConn men's basketball, Dan Hurley's growth as coach (Borges) | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun 'couldn't be prouder' of UConn men's basketball, Dan Hurley's growth as coach (Borges)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would have loved for a bit of a deeper dive on the Ollie situation. Clearly not something that will be easily mended

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Would have loved for a bit of a deeper dive on the Ollie situation. Clearly not something that will be easily mended

Glenn Miller was part of the attempt to destroy Ollie, and may have lied about Ollie in an investigation that ended Ollie's collegiate coaching career. As I have said many times before, I am quite positive every poster on this board would hate everyone involved if their boss A) fired them, B) attempted to (and in this case succeeded in) destroying their career, and C) tried to break a contract to avoid paying $11 million. Actually, I am certain many on this board would go past being pissed about it.

Ollie has a right to be pissed at Miller, and Calhoun chose Miller. None of us know why Calhoun did that. People get in messy situations and the choices are not always clear cut. The only thing we know for sure about what happened is that Ollie kicked UConn's butt in court. We will probably never know the rest, and honestly, it is none of our business.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Glenn Miller was part of the attempt to destroy Ollie, and may have lied about Ollie in an investigation that ended Ollie's collegiate coaching career. As I have said many times before, I am quite positive every poster on this board would hate everyone involved if their boss A) fired them, B) attempted to (and in this case succeeded in) destroying their career, and C) tried to break a contract to avoid paying $11 million. Actually, I am certain many on this board would go past being pissed about it.

Ollie has a right to be pissed at Miller, and Calhoun chose Miller. None of us know why Calhoun did that. People get in messy situations and the choices are not always clear cut. The only thing we know for sure about what happened is that Ollie kicked UConn's butt in court. We will probably never know the rest, and honestly, it is none of our business.
“Eventually, Kevin Ollie and my relationship didn’t go the way I would want it to be…” Calhoun said. Calhoun hasn't spoken to Ollie since Ollie was fired. “It was very unfortunate for everybody involved. But, all of us make choices in life.”

Those are JC's words. So you can spin this all you want, but KO made the choice to exclude Calhoun, not the other way around...

Reaction Score

We all know that KO distanced himself from Calhoun and had an issues with Miller. Everything is on KO's shoulders why Calhoun has distanced himself now from KO. I'm just so happy we have a better representative for the school in Hurley.

Reaction Score
Part of me wonders if Calhoun was really sick, or he knew UConn would win and he didn't want to steal the spotlight. The Final Four was Hurley's championship, and if Calhoun was in the stands, the cameras would be on him every 2 minutes at the end of the championship game.
We took the 8am united flight out of Bdl to Houston on Saturday morning. Calhoun was waiting at the gate with everyone until all of a sudden about a half hour before the flight boarded he got up and left. It didn’t seem like he was sick but I can’t make sense of the situation otherwise. There were 2 empty seats on the plane so I don’t think that he was waiting for a standby seat

Reaction Score

It depends what I did wrong, and whether I deserved it. I understand that you like KO, and i have no issue with that. But this post would lead an uneducated observer to believe that KO had nothing to do with what happened, and that it was all somebody else's fault.
There was surely more to it than that. Like the entire other side of the story.

Reaction Score

Did we forget Calhoun hand picked Ollie and due to timing, UConn had no choice other than Ollie. Have “heard” Ollie turned on JC and shut him out for whatever reason. It’s a thick plot and delicate (awkward) situation.

Reaction Score

You maybe right but Ollie made Glen Miller the scapegoat fired him and ruined his career. One could argue Calhoun took on the St Joseph coaching job to land a job for Miller who has always been a good coach.

Reaction Score
We took the 8am united flight out of Bdl to Houston on Saturday morning. Calhoun was waiting at the gate with everyone until all of a sudden about a half hour before the flight boarded he got up and left. It didn’t seem like he was sick but I can’t make sense of the situation otherwise. There were 2 empty seats on the plane so I don’t think that he was waiting for a standby seat
Wow, thats unusual.

Reaction Score
It says it right in the article, he felt sick and broke out in a cold sweat waiting to board the plane. At his age that's a concern and he also didn't want to get others sick.
I guess if he's doing interviews today (by phone or otherwise), he must be feeling better.

Reaction Score

Because Miller knew that Ollie was f...... up and was letting Calhoun know. Ollie wasn't doing his job and he nearly destroyed what Calhoun built. Ollie also told Calhoun to get lost.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I wish the people who know would just air Ollie’s dirty laundry so we can stop arguing this.

@Fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog