Reaction Score
FA7FA782-D662-470D-90C6-F0656546D9CE.jpeg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
History of the numbers -

8 - none (used to be illegal)

10 - Laura Lishness, Missy Rose, Sue Bird, Molly Bent, Nika Mühl

11 - Krista Blomquist*, Debbie Baer*, Kelly Schumacher, Ketia Swanier, Samarie Walker, Briana Pulido*, Kia Nurse, Mir McLean, Lou Lopez Senechal

20 - Sandra Gavin, Kathy Bantley, Colleen Healy, Stacy Hansmeyer, Morgan Valley, Renee Montgomery, Tierney Lawlor, Olivia Nelson-Ododa

21 - Heidi Robbins, Orly Grossman, Jennifer Rizzotti, Nicole Wolff, Heather Buck*, Inês Bettencourt

23 - Leslie Waugh, Francine Pechnik, Audrey Epstein, Jill Brumbaugh*, Shannon Saunders, Heather Phillips, Rita Williams, Swin Cash*, Kennitra Johnson, Willnett Crockett, Maya Moore, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Azurá Stevens

Reaction Score
poor Q bruh ppl are actually tweaking on instagram talkin bout why she took 10 from nika and how no one should be able to wear 10...hopefully she still can feel the support from fans bc i am shaking my head at those comments....

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have been wondering if anyone would get one of the recently approved numbers (ie 6, 7, 8 16, etc) on their uniforms. I figured it might take a few years seeing that most upper class HS players are currently using the "old" numbers.
Congrats to Jana for taking the leap! And why is it her old number, were these numbers already in use overseas?

Reaction Score
Wait so how do you call a foul on Jana? Wouldn’t you end up confusing them with two hands? (Ref holds up and 5 and a 3, the table thinks they mean 53 or something.)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I recall hearing that Morgan Cheli admired Larry Bird's game (which she could only have seen in archives), and thus wore #33 in high school. Katie Lou and Caroline shared the same admiration and the same number preference. Therefore, I suspect that Morgan would have liked to get #33, but she has to wait at least until Caroline moves on before she can have that number.

So, by taking #23, she is promising to be a mixture of Michael Jordan and Maya Moore. No pressure ...

Reaction Score
poor Q bruh ppl are actually tweaking on instagram talkin bout why she took 10 from nika and how no one should be able to wear 10...hopefully she still can feel the support from fans bc i am shaking my head at those comments....
Ridiculous.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wait so how do you call a foul on Jana? Wouldn’t you end up confusing them with two hands? (Ref holds up and 5 and a 3, the table thinks they mean 53 or something.)
I believe that the reason that the NCAA changed the allowable numbers is because the refs are going to tell the official scorer the player's number (which they already were doing, apparently) instead of also relying on their hands and fingers. Also due to teams retiring numbers, they wanted to make more numbers available. BTW these numbers were allowed in the NCAA but that was decades ago.
Of course these numbers have been used in other basketball leagues, Dr. J wore 6 and Kobe wore 8.

Reaction Score
I recall hearing that Morgan Cheli admired Larry Bird's game (which she could only have seen in archives), and thus wore #33 in high school. Katie Lou and Caroline shared the same admiration and the same number preference. Therefore, I suspect that Morgan would have liked to get #33, but she has to wait at least until Caroline moves on before she can have that number.

So, by taking #23, she is promising to be a mixture of Michael Jordan and Maya Moore. No pressure ...

I watched a video where she said she’d probably choose #23 because both her AAU number (12, Ashlynn Shade) and HS number (33, Caroline Ducharme) were both taken and it was a mixture of both. Can’t seem to find it somehow.

Reaction Score
I've played basketball and baseball on a number of different teams. I never concerned myself with number I wore. Maybe it was because no one would remember me or the number that I wore (thank God). :) Is this a real thing among top athletes? If I ever played Pickleball, I would like #3, the head GOAT.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have been wondering if anyone would get one of the recently approved numbers (ie 6, 7, 8 16, etc) on their uniforms. I figured it might take a few years seeing that most upper class HS players are currently using the "old" numbers.
Congrats to Jana for taking the leap! And why is it her old number, were these numbers already in use overseas?
International number. International scorers don't have problems figuring out the ref's fingers like HS, college scorers. :rolleyes:

International competitions usually just number the players 1-12. Sometimes 1-15 depending on the size of the roster or if they don't use like #1, etc. .

Sue Bird wore #6. Lisa Leslie wore #9

Reaction Score
I've played basketball and baseball on a number of different teams. I never concerned myself with number I wore. Maybe it was because no one would remember me or the number that I wore (thank God). :) Is this a real thing among top athletes? If I ever played Pickleball, I would like #3, the head GOAT.
Well YES! Every great athlete knows that you always wear your lucky socks. You never shave your beard before game day (ever one of the UConn women still adhere to this), and paramount to all others, you wear your lucky number on your back!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom