Jefferson Wins Again | The Boneyard

Jefferson Wins Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"After earning both the American Athletic Conference and espnW Player of the Week accolades on Monday, University of Connecticut junior guard Moriah Jefferson picked up another national honor when she was selected as the Ann Meyers Drysdale Women’s National Player of the Week by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association on Tuesday."

[LINK] to full story.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's just so good, I can't even believe it. Just so lucky she chose UCONN. And she plays like she absolutely loves it here. One of my favorite players for sure!!!

Reaction Score
Good week for Mo! Need to create more sick ankle-breaker highlight clips now, keep the momentum going. Hard to get anyone's attention when you're playing Houston :mad:

Reaction Score
In my own opinion I honestly believe that that MoJeff is the team MVP at this point. I love watching her play. Her game is just extraordinary. She can drive, she can jump shoot and she can nail it from beyond the arc. But the best part of her game is that she is just a pest. awesome defensively.

Reaction Score
She's just so good, I can't even believe it. Just so lucky she chose UCONN. And she plays like she absolutely loves it here. One of my favorite players for sure!!!
For a UConn player, can anything be as personally satisfying as an enthusiastic indication of approval from Geno? Mo's smile when glancing at him after leaping over the scorer's table says it all.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Her energy is incredible. She never dogs it for a second, on either end of the court. Highly focused, two-way players like Mo are rare treasures. We're so lucky to have her.

Reaction Score
She has blossomed into the "1 to see".

Her combination of speed, athleticism and skill, really set her apart. I REALLY love watching this woman play.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
She has blossomed into the "1 to see".

Her combination of speed, athleticism and skill, really set her apart. I REALLY love watching this woman play.
Not just speed, athleticism, and skill, but also SMARTS. Geno commented on how she has developed that in her junior year. He said something to the effect that it's a fine and difficult balance between setting up teammates to score and scoring yourself (which you have to do as a PG to keep the defense honest). The tendency of most PG's is to focus solely on getting shots for their teammates, and therefore not to fully utilize their own scoring talents. This year, she has gotten the balance right -- never more than in the South Carolina game.

Reaction Score
Sometime after the Stanford game the offense was set up for her strengths and she has responded perfectly. At the beginning of the year she seemed to have trouble making the transition from an offense that relied heavily on the high post to more of a spread offense(with KML stretching the defense). With the post unclogged, Mo had the option of taking the three( which she does more and more because most defenders respect her speed), drive and shoot or drive and dish. All of those options are good for her. Spreading the offense has has allowed Nurse , Stewie and Tuck to find more room to take it to the hoop. IMHO, Mo is the reason we score more points than any team in WCBB.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sometime after the Stanford game the offense was set up for her strengths and she has responded perfectly. At the beginning of the year she seemed to have trouble making the transition from an offense that relied heavily on the high post to more of a spread offense(with KML stretching the defense). With the post unclogged, Mo had the option of taking the three( which she does more and more because most defenders respect her speed), drive and shoot or drive and dish. All of those options are good for her. Spreading the offense has has allowed Nurse , Stewie and Tuck to find more room to take it to the hoop. IMHO, Mo is the reason we score more points than any team in WCBB.
Rewatch those early games the spread offense was always used. It was not being executed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom