Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really? so enlighten us on what exactly you KNOW in regards to this.
The program is being investigated by the NCAA. The program is being trashed on national TV. We don't know what KO's involvement was or how much falls under his sphere of influence. Unlike some people, I am not concluding anything nor am I trying to deflect responsibly off of KO with witty hyperbolic statements. Some people are ready to fry him and some people are trying to deflect responsibility away from him. Neither are rational.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ollie said in an article in the spring that other coaches recruited his players during the season and he’s not like that. I hope that’s true. I wonder why the ncaa hasn’t looked into that?

Also if this is true, there has to be a vendetta with the ncaa against uconn. Since ‘09 they have been dragging us through the mud every chance they get to screw with us. I honestly don’t believe hey have a pot to piss in after the way the handled the unc case and others

Mark Emmert is about the worst possible person to be in charge of the NCAA, from a UCONN point of view. His acrimonious parting with the university as an employee has caused him to dedicate the rest of his life to hammering us. It may very well be the sole reason he wanted the NCAA job in the first place.

Reaction Score
The CT legislature should create a new tax. It should go something like, a 40% tax on advertising revenue for advertisements broadcast by national media outlets based in CT. That will generate $10mill QUICK!

Reaction Score
Puke Coach: "Mark, loading up on top 10 recruits has really drained my budget. Even the boosters say they are dry."
Emmert:"Hmm, let me see...we have the recent NC from UCONN I could call in. Think those dollars would do it Mikey?"
Puke Coach: "Yep"

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Has anyone under NCAA investigation ever been cleared of wrongdoing?

Coach Ratface was in the Corey Maggette case. Can anybody spell whitewash? They investigated that case for almost six years.

Reaction Score
Just self impose an NCAA Tournament ban for this season and move on.
That seems to be the way it’s it’s done a non punishment, punishment.

If only JC did that in 2012

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Honestly, recruiting violations and the $10 mil buyout vanishing may be better than having to deal with that albatross

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So you are mad at ESPN for treating UConn as important. If they didn’t cover it you’d be mad at ESPN for not covering it.

Unless the violations are ESPN gave benefits on behalf of UConn maybe the wrong entity to be mad at?
ESPN is always the entity to be angry at.

(Can't fault your logic though.)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well, at least they can fire KO for cause if that's what they want.

I find this sickly hilarious. We can't recruit for s---, and WE'RE the ones cheating? It seems pretty hard to believe, considering the results.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hold on, after 3-4 times in a row THEN you let the 8-yr old win?!
Yes, lets hear the conspiracy theory please, you merciless Clue sleuth.

sleazy-guy.jpg

Beats his 8 year old daughter at Clue four times and then brags about letting her win the 5th game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ugh--Dom Amore got the story wrong.

It says, "following allegations at men's basketball programs..." Programs PLURAL.

In other words, they hired that firm after the FBI raids to make sure their own program was clean.

So UConn Insider botches the story.

Yeah the tweet is wrong. The actual article has no claims about the allegations coming last fall.

Reaction Score
Wow, I am really striking a nerve. Excellent! Look, champ, Adams wasn't out all season. Pick any WTF loss with him in the game and tell me it was ball handling. Last year wasn't a train wreck due to a lack of ball handling, a lack of talent or a lack of experience. Are you really this dense or are you just that dedicated to KO?
Unsurprising that an exercise in simple logic would be too much for you to handle. The point of the Houston example, champ, is that when Adams was out it was clear he was the only player on the team that could dribble the basketball. How hard do you think it is for D1 defenses to prep for a team that has 1 ball handler? And are you really saying experience doesn't matter in college basketball?

Like I said I was a lot happier when I didn't have to read your crap so it's probably time to add you to my ignore list. It's a short list but you're in good company with superjohn and jsm...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm very curious to see what this is about. My initial reaction is like many of you who wonder how they could have cheated and ended up with the team they do. Do they stink that bad at cheating?

Some other thoughts. Ollie always has this holier than though persona. Did he knowingly cheat? Was it one of the assistants? Was something tipped off from one of the transfers (Vance Jackson's father comes to mind)? Was it another school who was mad about tampering with one of their players (Sidney Wilson?)?

Really curious to see what happens here. I have doubts it's anything very serious.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s probably either the suitman Ollie is chummy with or talking to Wilson while enrolled at SJU.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
I don't know how this process works. It seems like we are assuming guilt. Could it be that when St. Johns refused to comply, the NCAA is forced to do its due diligence? Am I naive to believe that its still possible that nothing comes of this?

Yes, you are. When it comes down to anything Mark Emmert is involved with, UCONN will be judged guilty until proven innocent. We are his favorite whipping boy.

CL82

Reaction Score
Mark Emmert is about the worst possible person to be in charge of the NCAA, from a UCONN point of view. His acrimonious parting with the university as an employee has caused him to dedicate the rest of his life to hammering us. It may very well be the sole reason he wanted the NCAA job in the first place.
Yesterday I post a pic of Emmert on the BY, today we are are under investigation. Coincidence? I think not.

Reaction Score
Watch the replay of the Houston game last year when Adams was out and then try and say ball handling wasn't an issue.

It was so refreshing not having to read any of your crap for a whole day. Did your meds run out or did someone leave your cage unlocked?
Question for the mods, where ever you are...Why is this type of ad hominem nonsense allowed? There is no room for this. I see a like, quote and reply button, but no "report" button.

Delete please.

I also have an idea. How about we, get this, wait and see how this plays out!

Reaction Score
It’s probably either the suitman Ollie is chummy with or talking to Wilson while enrolled at SJU.

Why would we get punished about this suit guy though, when that possibility sounds an awful lot like all the FBI stuff which no one has been punished about, right?

And regarding talking to transfers too early, can we throw that back at any teams, seeing as how we've lost our share of kids to transfer lately too?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
1) Who is the suitman that every one is talking about?

2) Don't think anyone has mentioned Tremont Waters yet. I doubt it has to do with him, but his recruitment certainly appeared shady and is another angle to at least consider

CL82

Reaction Score
Werent you the guy complaining about "participation trophies" in another forum?
What happens in the Cesspool stays in the Cesspool.

Besides a boozy Whaler trash talking his kid while giving her a Clue beat down is just a funny image. I'd have figured you'd be all in on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom