Jeff Jacobs: How UConn football coach Jim Mora helped get CIAC championships back to Rentschler Field | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: How UConn football coach Jim Mora helped get CIAC championships back to Rentschler Field

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
They ran on grass for 14 years prior to their high school days. Their body will remember.
Not true. A lot of the towns near me (Norwalk) have had exclusively turf field for football for many years. They allow for much more/multi sport use. Not a fan of the trend but I understand, the turf fields help with the demand issue.

Reaction Score
I love this. The Rent is perfect for LL, L, MM… CCSU to be used for M, SS, S…

Not gunna lie I think the atmosphere at Arute will be great. It’s a nice little stadium and they’ve done some nice things to the campus in recent years.

Great exposure for the athletes, students, and parents!
How many divisions do they have? Aren’t there under 100 teams? Every team get to be in its own division? I figured there were maybe 4.

Reaction Score
How many divisions do they have? Aren’t there under 100 teams? Every team get to be in its own division? I figured there were maybe 4.
There were 4 up until this year and they expanded it back to 6. There’s about 140 teams across CT

Reaction Score
My picks are:
LL - Greenwich
L - New Canaan
MM - Killingly
M - ND-WH
SS - Barlow
S - Ansonia

Reaction Score
Great for the high school kids!! I'm also curious to see the expense side of hosting a game. Sure, it might lose money but how much are the expenses inflated? Keep using the place if we're going to pay to keep it going.

Heinz Field always hosts high school championships. Yes, it's still Heinz
Great for Jim Mora and his staff too. They don’t have to drive as far to check out the in state cream of the crop. Recruiting!!!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
In Texas, most high school championships are held at the Cowboys (Arlington) and Texans (Houston) stadiums.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My picks are:
MM - Killingly
Don't sleep on Wilton in MM. Smaller FCIAC teams tend to shine in the States when they have a team from a lower class because they spend the season in the strongest league playing larger schools.

Reaction Score
In Texas, most high school championships are held at the Cowboys (Arlington) and Texans (Houston) stadiums.
Those are different though. Private facilities that are donated by the owners. They probably right off the costs, too. Much Like the Pats do. I don’t have a huge problem with using the Rent though I think Central or Southern are more practical for the 1200 who will attend each game. And I hope they flip it around next season so the kids from smaller schools get to play there and don’t always get relegated to Arute.

Reaction Score
My picks are:
LL - Greenwich
L - New Canaan
MM - Killingly
M - ND-WH
SS - Barlow
S - Ansonia

Ya still have a chance to run the table…

CIAC Saturday 12/10 Football Championship Schedule

Arute Field at Central Connecticut State University (New Britain, CT)

10:30am - Class S #1 Ansonia v. #2 Bloomfield
2:00pm - Class L #3 Maloney v. #4 New Canaan
5:30pm - Class SS #5 Joel Barlow v. #6 Valley Regional/Old Lyme

Rentschler Field at Pratt & Whitney Stadium (East Hartford, CT)

10:30am - Class MM #3 Killingly v. #5 North Haven
2:00pm - Class M - #1 Berlin v. #2 Notre-Dame-WH
5:30pm - Class LL - #2 Greenwich v. #5 Fairfield Prep

Reaction Score
My picks are:
LL - Greenwich
L - New Canaan
MM - Killingly
M - ND-WH
SS - Barlow
S - Ansonia
As much as I respect Blooz and his picks I am picking North Haven over Killingly, Killingly has a great QB and running back but North Haven takes this game.

Bloomfield over Ansonia in a close one

NDWH wins over Berlin

Barlow over VROL by a lot

New Canaan wins in a close game

Greenwich wins in a close game as well

THC

Reaction Score
I wish I was wrong, too. I hate Catholic schools competing against public schools. Give them their own division.
They beat our school last week.
How can a team be expected to compete with God?

Reaction Score
Great job by the North Haven kids all year. Congrats! Nice to finally get to the mountain top.

Reaction Score

It’s not so simple for New Canaan to get #1 in the state poll. Greenwich still has to play Prep. Now you could say that Greenwich will have two losses on the season if they beat Prep, to New Canaans one loss, but both teams played in the very tough FCIAC and both played always tough St Joes. New Canaan’s only loss was to St Joes, which Greenwich also played and beat. The FCIAC was stacked this year with so many good teams.

Reaction Score
I wish I was wrong, too. I hate Catholic schools competing against public schools. Give them their own division.
They beat our school last week.
Yeah Berlin isn’t as good now that they aren’t allowed to recruit players from New Britain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom