Jeff Jacobs Article...Surprisingly, No Love For JC | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs Article...Surprisingly, No Love For JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whenever the national media takes a whack at UConn, you can normally give Jacobs a day for him to see which way the wind is blowing before he weighs in with a similar opinion. Give it another day or so and he'll be on the radio somewhere.

Rinse. Repeat.

I say this in jest, but I say that UConn should announce that they're suspending some faculty for failing to see that the players progressed the way they should have. It's high time that we hold some of these pointy-headed academic types accountable for their results in the classroom.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Whenever the national media takes a whack at UConn, you can normally give Jacobs a day for him to see which way the wind is blowing before he weighs in with a similar opinion. Give it another day or so and he'll be on the radio somewhere.

Rinse. Repeat.

I say this in jest, but I say that UConn should announce that they're suspending some faculty for failing to see that the players progressed the way they should have. It's high time that we hold some of these pointy-headed academic types accountable for their results in the classroom.
JJ now makes appearances on channel 61 in Hartford because it has the same ownership as the Courant. He will probably be on the extended sports segment of Friday nights. There is a lot of crossover between the paper and the local news show, much of it bad. Hottie anchorbabes writing nonsensical columns and Jacobs on your tv, looking and sounding like the loser at the end of every local watering hole in the state.

Reaction Score
First, he says UConn is going easy on Calhoun. He's already been hit with $187,000 in UConn imposed penalties. The NCAA forced him to sit out 3 games. And lose 2 scolies in the Miles case. Plus, the NCAA hit UConn up for 2 scolies this year regarding the APR. Who knows if they'll lose anymore scolies next year regarding APR. Who knows if they'll be allowed in the tourney next year. I think Calhoun has been punished enough.
Jacobs also says nobody is crying for Calhoun & UConn. Well, Calhoun & Auriemma have done more for Connecticut's sports sceen than any other human being. Basically nobody cares about what Jacobs says.

Reaction Score
Jacobs is a clown. Just curious do you think a local reporter would be allowed to trash their local team all the time in Raleigh or Lexington. I don't think so. It's comical how anti Calhoun and uconn he is. Is there any back story to the hate that I'm missing?

caw

Reaction Score
First, he says UConn is going easy on Calhoun. He's already been hit with $187,000 in UConn imposed penalties. The NCAA forced him to sit out 3 games. And lose 2 scolies in the Miles case. Plus, the NCAA hit UConn up for 2 scolies this year regarding the APR. Who knows if they'll lose anymore scolies next year regarding APR. Who knows if they'll be allowed in the tourney next year. I think Calhoun has been punished enough.
Jacobs also says nobody is crying for Calhoun & UConn. Well, Calhoun & Auriemma have done more for Connecticut's sports sceen than any other human being. Basically nobody cares about what Jacobs says.

He at least was a tad more accurate compared to the national media.

Reaction Score
Herbst's quotes in the last few paragraphs of this article are spot on.

Unfortunately, because it's a Jeff Jacobs article, he leads with the time tested "Calhoun got off too easy again" and buries the important stuff.

Reaction Score
As the last two posters said, even though Jacobs can't resist his anti-Calhoun shots, he does seem to be reasonably pro-UConn's self-imposed sanctions (provided they put Calhoun in a pillory and peg him with tomatoes). At the very least it allows Herbst to tell her side of the story. It is better that even in his knee-jerk, anti-Calhounism Jacobs at least acknowledges that the situation is more complex than the fictive world Pat Forde and Dana O'Neill created.

Reaction Score
What is Jacobs contribution to the planet....I mean what earns him his bread and butter?
Answer: he states his opinion which is usually neither original or interesting.
I say (quoting a very popular poster) PE-TOU-Y on Jeff Jacobs and his worthless opinion.
(scote how do you spell pe-tou-y:cool:)

Reaction Score
Calhoun & Auriemma have done more for Connecticut's sports sceen than any other human being. Basically nobody cares about what Jacobs says.

+1 million to both statements

Reaction Score
Jacobs is a clown. Just curious do you think a local reporter would be allowed to trash their local team all the time in Raleigh or Lexington. I don't think so. It's comical how anti Calhoun and uconn he is. Is there any back story to the hate that I'm missing?
Actually, in Lexington, where that paper broke a cheating story involving KY & Joe B Hall, the fans were threatining the reporters involved in that story. Plus many tried to do harm to the building that housed the Lexington paper.
At least UConn fans are far more civilized than those in bluegrass country.

Reaction Score
Actually I've always wondered what those guys are doing if not booking.

Reaction Score
Actually, in Lexington, where that paper broke a cheating story involving KY & Joe B Hall, the fans were threatining the reporters involved in that story. Plus many tried to do harm to the building that housed the Lexington paper.
At least UConn fans are far more civilized than those in bluegrass country.

You nailed it! The reality is that Jacobs is lucky that people in CT aren't rednecks with a willingness to beat him like the dog he is. One time I posted something about being surprised that no one has beaten his yet and he sent me a whiny PM asking me not to condone violence against him. Jeff reads this board. Jeff, I still am shocked no one has snapped yet and gone "what's the frequency Kenneth" on you yet. Bottom line, you deserve it. You are a worthless reporter that makes a net negative contribution to your community and the world. People are indeed crying for Calhoun. They won't be crying when you die. How does that make you "feel" Jeff?

Reaction Score
You nailed it! The reality is that Jacobs is lucky that people in CT aren't rednecks with a willingness to beat him like the dog he is. One time I posted something about being surprised that no one has beaten his yet and he sent me a whiny PM asking me not to condone violence against him. Jeff reads this board. Jeff, I still am shocked no one has snapped yet and gone "what's the frequency Kenneth" on you yet. Bottom line, you deserve it. You are a worthless reporter that makes a net negative contribution to your community and the world. People are indeed crying for Calhoun. They won't be crying when you die. How does that make you "feel" Jeff?
Well, instead of wishing Jacobs ill, the best thing to do to him, or any reporter who writes things you don't like is to ignore him.
Let's face it, controversy sells. Jacobs is paid to be controversial. Best person, in CT, to be controversial against is Calhoun. 30 years from now people will still marvel at what Calhoun has done in CT. Do you think anyone will remember Jacobs. Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom