Jeff Goodman at practice today | The Boneyard

Jeff Goodman at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
  1. Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 3m3 minutes ago
    The intriguing prospect here today at UConn? 6-8 freshman Vance Jackson. Can play multiple positions and extend the defense. Talented.

2. Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 4m4 minutes ago
    Terry Larrier needs to excel for UConn in the "DeAndre Daniels" role. Capable as a small forward, but better as a power forward. Mismatch.

3. Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Amida Brimah may never be an elite rebounder, but he needs to be better on the glass than he's been. Biggest question with UConn? The glass.

4. Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 5m5 minutes ago
    The chemical makeup of UConn's back court of Alterique Gilbert and Jalen Adams is similar to Naper/Boatright. Not as seasoned, but similar.

Reaction Score
Interesting that both include Enoch as a mention, with this being the 2nd year Rothstein does so. A lot of people have Facey as making jumps but I believe it is much more reasonable to believe Enoch could make a bigger jump and potentially snag that starting spot. We'll see.

Reaction Score
#3 interests me most. If UConn wins the rebound battle game in game out they may become an elite team.

Reaction Score
"Enoch, best NBA prospect." Wow, if that's true, we're gonna be pretty damn good. Not only that, but it means Brima will have to really step up if he's going to retain his minutes.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Seems like Gilbert has drawn rave reviews from just about everybody. Interesting to hear Rothstein describe him as an "all-league" caliber guard.

Who's the best NBA comp for a guy like Enoch @James ? I still view him as a bit of a project.

Reaction Score
Is anyone worried that Rodney won't produce? I'm not. IMO Enoch should've had more minutes last year, I know he was a foul machine and needed to learn but he had the offense and what he really needed was floor time and experience so hopefully he gets it this year. Comparing our guards to Napier and Boat I don't get it. Is Jalen Napier or is it Gilbert? Napier even as a freshman could bomb long range so I don't know if the skill sets match. Maybe he's talking about overall quality of the players and if that is true then great.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We need to save that Ollie quote about brimah averaging 7-8 rebounds. If he doesn't nobody can say it's because of the system anymore.

Reaction Score
Seems like Gilbert has drawn rave reviews from just about everybody. Interesting to hear Rothstein describe him as an "all-league" caliber guard.

Who's the best NBA comp for a guy like Enoch @James ? I still view him as a bit of a project.
maybe darrell arthur? just lacks alot of in game experience, so i'm a bit reserved with my expectations for now. I do like how well he screens and his long range shooting upside.

Reaction Score

This is a little over the top but not nearly as much as some may think. Long term he has the chance to be a dominant NBA sized big man if he puts it together on defense. His offensive game, especially from midrange, is extremely well developed for a player that hasn't seen the court very much

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Enoch has potential and people shouldn't draw from last year and just see what he does this year

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Enoch simply couldn't defend at all last year.
KO would literally have to constantly yell where to be on the floor on defense. For full possessions. Positionally he was lost.

His offensive game is very, very promising but if you can't defend you don't play for Calhoun or Ollie.

I look forward to watching him improve. Hes got a ton of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom