Jaylin Stewart Appreciation Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The elevation on his jump shot was beautiful. Clingan said that Stew kills them in practice so there’s that.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If you’re a first round pick you go and bank every nickel of that first guaranteed contract. You end up in your mid-20’s with a few million in the bank and hopefully a big second contract. Injuries happen, way too high a risk to come back for another year of college.
Clingan could make 5 million in NIL be a college kid have fun and work on his conditioning. Imagine he comes back becomes a three point threat starts pulling up on fast breaks and spots up. That play where he caught the low bounce pass below his knees while he was moving and still had his head up to see Castle cutting, is just amazing for a kid his size. My only worry with Donovan when he goes is just being able to deal with not playing much. He has at least one more year to finish growing, improving skill sets and just becoming an adult. He is a fun loving guy and who could blame him for wanting to enjoy college while making bank and pretty much dominating.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Funny that after the 2nd Marquette game there were posters that wanted him to stop shooting 3s, this is why you let guys shoot to keep their confidence and mindset high
3s are always a little easier after you get some easy ones at the rim.

All of those looks from yesterday lead to a lot more confidence in his shot today. Love to see it. He continues to play great defensively and on the boards too.

Reaction Score
Loved seeing all the players mob him after the game
It's amazing. If anybody doesn't get how that's amazing they have zero clue about what this is all about. Jaylin is on the court because he bought into doing the incredibly hard stuff. That's defense and knowing where the hell you are on the court, that's so tough to do with this team. He's a ridiculously talented offensive player. He subjugated that...

That he's a legit part of the rotation in a rotational that's incredibly hard to break into. He did it because of the really hard to do stuff, Hurley let's him let it fly because of it. Shoot those shots with confidence. His addition makes this team even harder to mess with.

Reaction Score
17 points in 23 minutes over his last 2 games to help lead the best team in the country to a BE championship

Jaylin Stewart has arrived.

Reaction Score
I'm not really worried about Stewart leaving at this point, probably not Ball either. Singare has no reason to leave. Hard to guess with Ross and Apostolos.

Reaction Score
I'm not really worried about Stewart leaving at this point, probably not Ball either. Singare has no reason to leave. Hard to guess with Ross and Apostolos.
And if anyone chooses to, and someone will, that's on them. We're the best team in the country and trying to repeat, minutes aren't gonna be handed out to try and keep guys around in a season like this

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Why do we have to deal with this stuff after every amazing thing we do?
First off I understand this is long don’t read it and dismiss it I get it. But this topic is way more complicated than just a one line condescending post:
What I don’t get is how we just put everyone in the same bucket. Life is short and being a 20 yr old college kid making millions while improving at his craft has to be something a young man could consider. This is not like get hurt and they can’t fix it with modern medicine. You can call it whatever you want but the reason our government is broken is because boomers don’t believe in change. Hawkins should be playing this year yet he is buried at the end of the bench stacking up DNP coaches decision. That has to be great for his confidence and continued development (sarcasm). I am certain he goes home happy every night after a game and hangs out in his mansion not thinking about not playing again. If DC is lottery and will for sure play in the nba not g league next year then of course he should go. I tried to figure out the finances but other than a lottery pick it appears most first round picks are pretty much guaranteed $10M. Does Sanogo come back if he could make NIL money? Because I am fairly certain he would be doing just about the same financially as he is right now. He is dominating the g league. You are an expert do you think he ever cracks an nba rotation? This question is also for those who like to be condescending because they are just smarter than everyone else on the board. It’s kind of sad. Once you get into the millions just to play college basketball you are set for life unless you don’t have the right support system. Going pro at a young age grinding out practices day in and day out and never playing can’t be good for a 19 yr old. Josh Boone played more as rookie than Hawkins has. Think about that. A young man goes from a family environment to a world where the guy next to you could care less about you and is not going to pass you the ball. Or you run into a coach like Doc who ain’t playing a rookie unless their name is LeBron James. At 20 years old a young adult is developing the maturity it will take to progress through life not only basketball. Some people are ready for that at 19-20. Like Castle or AK if he was a for sure first round draft pick. I guess all I am saying is that it is just dismissed as naive or stupid or ill informed if someone even brings it up. With NIL and how much money a kid can make while still enjoying being a college kid I don’t get why there is not at least some type of dialogue on the matter. My opinion on DC is he is a great kid becoming a man. For some that level of maturity comes later. I can assure you if I have an opinion about Donovan it is not based on what’s best for me as a fan but more so just making sure he never loses than inner kid since it makes him special IMO. You can keep ridiculing those who bring up the idea, I kind of get why you do, because all the experts agree with you, but that does not mean it’s right for every player. I may not have your insider knowledge but trust me I am an expert at human behavior and have made a good living figuring out how people think and understanding them as individuals before making any type of recommendation of what they should do. It just ain’t as simple as you make it out to be and IMO it is why so many of these young men fail at the next level. Here is one name that I will close on….Tim Duncan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer