Jay Bilas picks ... | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas picks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The UConn women to win. He co-hosted Sports Center tonight, and, when the women's bracket show was mentioned, he offered his opinion that UConn will win. John Bucigross agreed with him.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Nell Fortner was calling a game today (St Francis Brooklyn/Robert Morris) and her on air partner asked her the question "Can anyone beat UCONN"....

She replied "No".....

And went on to say (paraphrasing) "I don't mean to be blunt but noone will come close to beating them"

It was an interesting comment from her because she very pro-SEC. I thought maybe she would have mentioned South Carolina but nope.

Reactions: HGN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno likes our chances. If we stay healthy and in character, playing focused, I really like our chances. We have Kaleena, one of the best post-season players ever, and the trio of Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan, who know nothing but NCAA titles. And we have Geno.

HGN

Reaction Score
Nell Fortner was calling a game today (St Francis Brooklyn/Robert Morris) and her on air partner asked her the question "Can anyone beat UCONN"....

She replied "No".....

And went on to say (paraphrasing) "I don't mean to be blunt but noone will come close to beating them"

It was an interesting comment from her because she very pro-SEC. I thought maybe she would have mentioned South Carolina but nope.
I sure hope Fortner is right.. USC , ND , and MD do have a chance....But the only team that really has an excellent chance to beat UConn , is UConn. If UConn plays its A-Game this whole tourney NO ONE can beat them.

Reaction Score
I sure hope Fortner is right.. USC , ND , and MD do have a chance....But the only team that really has an excellent chance to beat UConn , is UConn. If UConn plays its A-Game this whole tourney NO ONE can beat them.
Stanford? Ha ha...

Reaction Score
Injury is UCONN'S only stumbling block like always.......My dark surprise for UCONN is #15....Geno will turn her loose this week.......

Reaction Score
I think people forget the start of the season and the question as to what type of Morgan Tuck we would be getting this year. Well, she's turned out to be beyond most peoples (if not all peoples) expectations with her quality of play and absolutely no indication of any lingering knee issues. She has meant everything to this team and added a massive amount of stability to the Huskies. She's given opposing teams so much more to contend with and not allowed them to focus as much on Breanna or KML or even Moriah, giving the team as much balance as any Huskie team we've ever had, if not more.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Wow...both Nell and Jay are surely going out on a limb with their picks, huh? :) I kid...I kid!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think people forget the start of the season and the question as to what type of Morgan Tuck we would be getting this year. Well, she's turned out to be beyond most peoples (if not all peoples) expectations with her quality of play and absolutely no indication of any lingering knee issues. She has meant everything to this team and added a massive amount of stability to the Huskies. She's given opposing teams so much more to contend with and not allowed them to focus as much on Breanna or KML or even Moriah, giving the team as much balance as any Huskie team we've ever had, if not more.
I think it's safe to say that both Morgan and Kia have greatly exceeded most people's expectations for this year. They helped to make a stellar starting 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom