Javonte Brown transfers to WMU | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown transfers to WMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
And to think there was great excitement here when he committed. Did the coaches miss on him or did he not have the work ethic needed to succeed at a high level program?
He was never good, but we get really excited when anyone commits. He had rare size available in a sub 100 prospect, and you know coaches think they can develop anybody if given the chance. He was worth the flier, and won’t be the last raw 7 footer you see walk through our doors.

Reaction Score
And to think there was great excitement here when he committed. Did the coaches miss on him or did he not have the work ethic needed to succeed at a high level program?
He was definitely big , Close to three inches taller than Carlton , but since i never saw him play I can’t say what his problem is for sure but the typical suspects for a guy his size are , footwork , hands ,athleticism.
Brimah had little offensive footwork and poor hands , but contributed because his athleticism allowed him to protect the rim. Apparently this kid dominating in HS was just because of the huge height disparity.

Reaction Score
Based on my own personal observations, but true bigs seem to have the most violability in terms of development.

Case in point, the 2020 class had Zach Edey ranked #436, but top 50 bigs like Kepnang, Sissoko and Etienne have yet to develop into reliable starters.

That being said, happy for Javonte. The MAC is one of the more consistently solid mid-majors out there.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he's able to get some big time minutes there at least; he's never averaged more than 7 minutes a game in his college career. I don't think he's deserved a ton more to be fair, but it's gotta be pretty hard to get it going with such limited opportunities.

Reaction Score
IMO Edey's ranking speaks to lousy raters rather than a huge late development of the player. He was obviously as good as Dickinson at Hoophall in 2020. I think he is from Canada, (if I recall correctly), and just not seen. I think the point of your post is fine, but Edey wouldn't be the poster child for bigs developing late.

From a Post of mine Jan 21, 2020 Hoophall thread post #60
There must have been at least 6 quality bigs that are in the 7'2 range and over 250 lbs and have some skills.
Dickinson, Harold Yu 7'3 Sierra Canyon, Zach Edey 7'3 IMG, to start the list.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Covid exemption gave him an extra year.

His biggest issue is that he’s a hammerhead.

Reaction Score
I think the plan was to develop his skills for 2 -3 years on bench, but he wanted playing time right away. When he didn’t get PT as a freshman he immediately transferred. Unlike Clinton he was slow and make no effort to slim down to improve his speed running up and down the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom