Jasper Howard Days Until Nova | The Boneyard

Jasper Howard Days Until Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

For those who want to know what this coward @raf46 above me posted, here it is: "Young African-American is killed in a fight at 2am. Quite the example to future generations. Please explain to me what I am missing. In a rational reasoned way."

You kidding me bro? Looks like I found my newest add to the ignore list. What a joke you are. Jazz was senselessly murdered on campus after an incredible game, and overcame an incredibly challenging upbringing by using football to further pursue his education far away from his past, and you try to make this into a racist issue? Can we get @Fishy to blow this guy off the face of the earth (or at least the BY)?

Reaction Score
For those who want to know what this coward @raf46 above me posted, here it is: "Young African-American is killed in a fight at 2am. Quite the example to future generations. Please explain to me what I am missing. In a rational reasoned way."

You kidding me bro? Looks like I found my newest add to the ignore list. What a joke you are. Jazz was senselessly murdered on campus after an incredible game, and overcame an incredibly challenging upbringing by using football to further pursue his education far away from his past, and you try to make this into a racist issue? Can we get @Fishy to blow this guy off the face of the earth (or at least the BY)?
You miss the point. Young people of all races die to early in life

You miss the point. Young people of all races die too early in life. Yet, there are not statues built. It is not unreasonable for a person to ask what makes this particular young man special. So tell me, what made him so special, because at some point all who knew him will have moved on. Then who will know his story to tell it?

Reaction Score

You miss the point. Young people of all races die too early in life. Yet, there are not statues built. It is not unreasonable for a person to ask what makes this particular young man special. So tell me, what made him so special, because at some point all who knew him will have moved on. Then who will know his story to tell it?

You really struggle w/ this posting thing eh?

He didn't miss the point - you're intentionally trolling for a negative reaction w/ a comment like this "Quite the example to future generations."

Hey @danlow1963 - care to help this "fan" out?

Reaction Score
raf46 said:
You miss the point. Young people of all races die to early in life You miss the point. Young people of all races die too early in life. Yet, there are not statues built. It is not unreasonable for a person to ask what makes this particular young man special. So tell me, what made him so special, because at some point all who knew him will have moved on. Then who will know his story to tell it?

You're not worth the time.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

You are truly worthless.

Reaction Score
Google is your friend raf, possibly the only one on this board. Don't post again until you google Jasper Howard.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Google is your friend raf, possibly the only one on this board. Don't post again until you google Jasper Howard.
It doesn't matter, he will just come back and say he's not impressed.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter, he will just come back and say he's not impressed.
Googled jasper Howard. Now I know, what you guys were too busy insulting me, to take the time to tell me. You all need anger management.

LETS GO HUSKIES !

Reaction Score
I stand corrected. Apologies to @raf46 for jumping the gun.
CT Mike No problems between us. We are all here for our love of UCONN, and we all want them to be real good so badly that we ache.

Reaction Score
CT Mike No problems between us. We are all here for our love of UCONN, and we all want them to be real good so badly that we ache.

I'm glad I found this thread after you Googled his name, but just curious: how can you possibly say that you're a UConn fan, but you have no idea who Jasper Howard is?

That's like a Yankee fan saying, in 1985, "what's the big deal about this Thurman Munson guy? People die in plane crashes all the time."

Reaction Score
I'm glad I found this thread after you Googled his name, but just curious: how can you possibly say that you're a UConn fan, but you have no idea who Jasper Howard is?

That's like a Yankee fan saying, in 1985, "what's the big deal about this Thurman Munson guy? People die in plane crashes all the time."
I knew his name as a player, but not his background. There are so many players on a football team that it is difficult to know of them all. But, that is no excuse for putting something out there that so many of the more in depth football fans found to be very cold and insensitive. I do follow all the UCONN sports, but my passion is Mens Hoops. Have been a seasons tix holder since the inception of the BE. And to all 5 final fours. Still, I am impressed with the passion that is there for football. You guys deserve, and I hope find much to cheer about very soon.

Reaction Score
To be fair, anyone that may be a friend, family sibling, cousin, high school friend of most of the players on this team was probably in the U-13/12 age group when Jazz was murdered. Maybe even under 10 if theyre younger acquaintances. Time flies people.

Its quite reasonable to me that there will be lots of people in the stadium that won't know what the #6 statue means just be looking at it. Nothing to be offended by. Thats why you put a plaque and some words on monumuents.

If we keep sucking, the majority if the crowds will be family and friends anyway.

Reaction Score
I knew his name as a player, but not his background. There are so many players on a football team that it is difficult to know of them all. But, that is no excuse for putting something out there that so many of the more in depth football fans found to be very cold and insensitive. I do follow all the UCONN sports, but my passion is Mens Hoops. Have been a seasons tix holder since the inception of the BE. And to all 5 final fours. Still, I am impressed with the passion that is there for football. You guys deserve, and I hope find much to cheer about very soon.

Fair enough. I never met the guy, either (although I knew several who did), but that didn't stop me from sobbing like a teething infant when he was killed.

Here's a taste of what he was all about -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLHfmJlBz_4

Reaction Score
I was a student when that happened.

It was a surreal time overall at UConn I think. Another kid died when he got punched on spring weekend and hit his head on the ground. Wasn't long after Carlee Wines was hit by a car.

It's such a magical place, even now it's hard for me to go back to campus because it makes me sad that I'm not a "part of it" anymore. But those 3 events (all caused by non-students, by the way) made us aware that the world is rough. It was the first dose of reality in our little bubble.

RIP Jazz

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Sorry - not buying this naivety... you don't ask for clarification in a "rational reasoned way" without knowing you'd hit a nerve. As soon as that happened. the backstroking started.

I second that, he seems more like a POS than a guy who simply didn't know who Jazz was.

Reaction Score
Af46 fans like you are what's wrong with UCONN sports...you follow and support UCONN...NOT cherry pick and choose what sport you support and what sport you don't. The ONLY difference between you and one of the ignorant women's fans is the game you choose to go to in the winter. At a time where it pains me to actually say this...UCONN athletics would be MUCH better off if fans like you stopped showing up and buying tickets. Your precious hoops program is in the SAME boat as the rest of the athletic program! Raf46 you are a tool!!! Go stay on the basketball board you a s s c l o w n!

Reaction Score
He (and those of his ilk) do not speak for those of us whose primary home here is the BB board. I want to make that clear.
Thank You stairmaster. what fdny99 does not realize is that minus folks like myself, buying tickets and contributing to the UCONN club, there is no UCONN sports as he knows it. So many angry posters out there. It is sad that so many people have responded so insultingly to a miss post which I thought I had corrected by getting smarter about Jasper. People need to lighten up. And fdny99, who appointed you gate keeper? Grow up. It is sports. It is supposed to be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom