Jannah Tucker Won't Enroll @ Tenn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jannah Tucker Won't Enroll @ Tenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She is bound to Tenn for this year. Unless TN releases her from her LOI, which I highly doubt they would do, she cannot play anywhere this year.

Understood. I think they would let her out of the LOI as long as she goes out of the SEC. Even if she didn't enroll they gained from having her commit. From the time Pat retired to Kaela Davis saying she wasn't going to UT nobody knew whether Warlick would get the 5 stars. Tucker was the first big name to commit to UT and that had to be huge for their program. They ended up waiting a long time to get Mercedes Russell but if UT had gone months and months with no verbals after Pat retired would a player like Russell have thought differently of UT?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think this is an indication that she will not be attending UT as it still says "incoming freshman." I believe that it simply means that she will not be attending summer session with the other two. Sounds like she just has some stuff to take care of before leaving home.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Per my Tennessee friend "she will not be going to Tennessee"....

Have no idea what that means but I trust him.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I don't think this is an indication that she will not be attending UT as it still says "incoming freshman." I believe that it simply means that she will not be attending summer session with the other two. Sounds like she just has some stuff to take care of before leaving home.

Look for my link in a post earlier in this tread. She is not coming to TN, period.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
According to Full Court she was considering UConn. Link

IMHO with the guards Geno has signed for 2014 he won't reconsider Jannah if he ever was.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It has been made very clear that she will not be attending TN.

Reaction Score
According to Full Court she was considering UConn. Link

IMHO with the guards Geno has signed for 2014 he won't reconsider Jannah if he ever was.

UConn gets listed by many prospects but its hard to tell if they really have an offer or if they are just really interested but the interest isn't reciprocated by the coaching staff. Sometimes a player just saying they like UConn to a reporter can get them more attention even if UConn does not want them. I am not saying this happened here but in other recruiting situations that happens with all successful programs. That short article doesn't seem to have any quotes from her. The articles that were a little more indepth mentioned the same grouping of schools. If UConn really was involved I cannot imagine missing out on the cut over Villanova. The more logical explanation is Villanova wanted her and offered a full scholarship but UConn was still considering it.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jun/18/guard-jannah-tucker-commits-to-lady-vols/?print=1

Along with UT, her final choices were Penn State, West Virginia, Virginia and Villanova.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...120618_1_new-town-jannah-tucker-holly-warlick
This summer, Tucker had planned to narrow her list . She had West Virginia, Penn State, Villanova and Virginia high on a list that was difficult to whittle down.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...school/_/id/2633/class/2014/page/on-the-trail
Jannah Tucker of Randallstown, Md., told ESPN HoopGurlz she verbally committed to Tennessee this weekend while on an unofficial visit to the Knoxville campus. The No. 8 prospect in the ESPN HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2013 class didn't have a finalized school list but strongly considered Penn State, Villanova, Virginia and West Virginia before deciding on the Lady Vols.

Reaction Score
I think they would let her out of the LOI as long as she goes out of the SEC.

I highly doubt that.
Barring a delicate personal situation, any coach releasing someone from an LOI is crazy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I highly doubt that.
Barring a delicate personal situation, any coach releasing someone from an LOI is crazy.

I would not release her unless there is an urgent family situation, either. If she just changed her mind then I would make her skip a year.

I doubt that this is related to her injury as UT is know to help players rehab quit well.

Reaction Score
As long as she does not report to classes, she is good and UT releases her from her LOI.........17 or 18 year old players have the right to change their minds. Good luck to her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
As long as she does not report to classes, she is good and UT releases her from her LOI.........17 or 18 year old players have the right to change their minds. Good luck to her.

Isn't the LOI a commitment to attend a university and the university has to agree to release the player after they sign that?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Isn't the LOI a commitment to attend a university and the university has to agree to release the player after they sign that?
Just like coaches sign contracts to coach at a university yet they break it all the time. But essentially you are correct. A LOI is a Letter of Intent. It's a contract between the player and the university.

Basic penalty for not fulfilling the NLI agreement: A student-athlete has to serve one year in residence (full-time, two semesters or three quarters) at the next NLI member institution and lose one season of competition in all sports.

Not a season of eligibility, just a season of competition.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to this article, Holly still doesn't know what's going on with Tucker other than she won't be enrolling at Tenn.

Holly Warlick read the email on Friday from incoming Tennessee freshman Jannah Tucker, informing the Lady Vols coach that Tucker wouldn’t be coming after all.

Two days later, Warlick still was wondering exactly why.

“I don’t know what’s going on with her; I don’t have an explanation,” Warlick said Sunday afternoon. “She’s dealing with some personal issues and I don’t know what they’re about.”

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/jul/07/holly-warlick-and-lady-vols-regroup-after-jannah/

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that she hasn't requested a release from her scholarship per that govolsxtra article.

Maybe she hasn't gotten around to it yet but maybe she is not going to be playing basketball anymore? All speculation..

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
when DeerPark says she's not going to Tn... its official!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom