Jana El Alfy to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jana El Alfy to UConn

Reaction Score
I think she's a top 5 talent. She needs work with her post skills but she's very athletic and she's only going to get better. Solid pick up.
How would you compare her to ONO from a skills and style standpoint?

Reaction Score
As much as I like Jana, I’m not so sure Ice wouldn’t be a better post. Jana has more size but I think Ice might fit our high post offense better. Ice is probably a better outside shooter and Jana is probably a better low post option. Jana was 2 for 3 in three point attempts though in the Madagascar game and both were swishes. Ice is a great finisher at the rim.

Reaction Score
Jana is in the same boat as B Stewart. She's still young but when she gets a little bigger and stronger, oh boy. Work on her long mid range and 3. She will be dynamite on the boards. I predict she'll help us get at least 3.

Reaction Score
How would you compare her to ONO from a skills and style standpoint?
Better offensive skills than senior Liv, not as developed a defender.

It might make more sense to compare her to Betts. She’s much more mobile and has better range as a shooter. But Betts may be a better defender under the rim.

Or to Ice, who has similar range as a shooter but may be stronger under the rim. Jana seems to have better mobility and handles. Ice knows how to start a break from a defensive rebound.

Reaction Score
I wonder how this signing “landed” in Palo Alto, SC, South Bend, Louisville, Austin, etc. Maybe like the proverbial fifth Ace in a game of five card stud.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wonder how this signing “landed” in Palo Alto, SC, South Bend, Louisville, Austin, etc. Maybe like the proverbial fifth Ace in a game of five card stud.
From my understanding, only Louisville had offered. No?

Reaction Score
I can’t help but feel a little sorry for Jeff Walz. By all accounts it seemed as though Louisville was in the drivers seat in Jana’s recruitment and then in a matter of days they were on the outside, looking in. I’m happy we got her of course, but poor Jeff must be wondering what happened!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I can’t help but feel a little sorry for Jeff Walz. By all accounts it seemed as though Louisville was in the drivers seat in Jana’s recruitment and then in a matter of days they were on the outside, looking in. I’m happy we got her of course, but poor Jeff must be wondering what happened!
I'm still wondering what happened with Ciera Toomey.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:It must be lonely out there.
Come back to us and enjoy this celebration- Jeff will be just fine, he was probably going to redshirt Jana anyway.

Reaction Score
We're seeing a huge shift to overseas recruitment by UConn. Can't believe it's an accident. Must be a new strategy.

sun

Reaction Score
The Texas class of 2023 includes a USA gold medalist, a 6'9" center and the twice named Texas Gatorade POY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom