James Bouknight | Page 7 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
People actually think Bouknight will start over Vital?

It’ll be Gilbert and Vital in the backcourt. And that’s a damn good backcourt.

Sure, but a backcourt of Bouknight and Vital with Gilbert coming off the bench is off the charts!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sure, but a backcourt of Bouknight and Vital with Gilbert coming off the bench is off the charts!!
If we’re talking lineups I’d go Gilbert, Vital, Sid, Akok, and Carlton.

Leaving out potential commits of course, but I think Sid and Akok can guard positions 3-5 and can be a matchup nightmare. Vital and Gilbert can get in guards’ faces on the perimeter, then the shot blockers down low can get after the rest.

Reaction Score

Fun to speculate on next year's staring lineup given the upgrades in talent. If Polley isnt starting as a Junior that means a couple other guys will have really stepped up. If you have talent like Polley, Bouknight, Gaffney and Carlton coming off the bench (assuming Kofi commits) now you have a team that can make a run.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

No I think Bouknight, if healthy, starts alongside AG and CV.

Reaction Score
CV doesn’t have to be a “featured” player to play big minutes. He just needs to do his thing, but take care of the ball better. He’s a perfectly good 3rd, 4th or 5th option. You’d be amazed how good he’d look if our stars were playing better and making jumpers. He really isn’t the guy to be complaining about. We need more from others.

Reaction Score
Bouknight (UConn) & Culver (Texas Tech) have similar games coming out of high school. I don't know their stats but with hard work like Culver put in coupled with great coaching (Beard/Hurley?)...Bouknight has a tremendous ceiling.

JMO

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Bouknight (UConn) & Culver (Texas Tech) have similar games coming out of high school. I don't know their stats but with hard work like Culver put in coupled with great coaching (Beard/Hurley?)...Bouknight has a tremendous ceiling.

JMO

Thoughts?

Bouknight has a lot going for him. Decent size for a 2 guard, great athleticism, a smooth stroke, high basketball IQ, and seems very coachable. Barring something unforseen, he is almost a lock to be a college star and possible NBA player. I think I am looking forward to him wearing a UConn uniform more than any other guard recruit we have had. I just love this kid's game.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can someone who has extensive knowledge comment on the speed of the two incoming guards. I understand they are long but when you have speed it can sometimes more than offset the size issue. I am thinking of Kemba and AG.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI Bouknight might have hurt his knee tonight. Could be nothing but he went down after a dunk. Before dunk he came out and was limping a bit. Came back in and after dunk fell right to the ground. Came out limping and iced it. Never came back in.

Could be nothing but wanted to let you BY know.

Has anyone found out if Candyman was on to something or is everything ok with James?

Reaction Score
I won't claim "extensive" but...Neither 2019 guard would be in the Kemba / AG category speedwise. Bouknight is more "smooth" than speedy. Maybe Gaffney would be a "slicer".
There will be a big leap to D1 College so we have to wait and see.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just look forward to Vital and Bouknight going at it in practice next year. They're going to be fighting each other for minutes, and I'm sure Vital's competitiveness will rub off on Bouknight.

Reaction Score
Has anyone found out if Candyman was on to something or is everything ok with James?
Asked around and heard (from someone close to him) Bouknight said he’s all good. People around him are going to push him to be very cautious given his previous meniscus injury. That’s definitely for the best.
From earlier in the thread ^

Reaction Score
I just look forward to Vital and Bouknight going at it in practice next year. They're going to be fighting each other for minutes, and I'm sure Vital's competitiveness will rub off on Bouknight.

Yup. With these recruits and Hurley being Hurley... I am sure “everyone eats” minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom