James Bouknight showing off some athleticism | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight showing off some athleticism

Reaction Score
Love this kids athleticism but this dunk means little to me. When I see him coming off picks and making jumpers, or ball faking and taking 2 dribbles to pull up for 12-15 footer nothing but net then my excitement will begin. I think that part of his game is the most important and will allow him more space to get to the rim. He will play as a freshman his offensive gifts are too good. If he can play some D and be physical despite being thin for now he will be getting lots of minutes.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Dunk bait

Reaction Score
This dude called Alterique KEMBA I am done

He’s not Kemba, but they share the similarity that they were both McDonald All Americans and this is Riques third year in Storrs, and both point guards.

I said much depends on the leap Rique takes this offseason, and drew a comparison that we have similar pieces to that 2011 squad.

PS: Be happy hammer time is back in Storrs. Would you rather I be pessimistic instead.

Reaction Score
Yikes.
Be happy Hammer Time is back in Storrs! While I was busy hyping up Bouk as the recruit we needed to prioritize as our wing, you were busy worrying about Lester Quinones.

Reaction Score
You can appreciate the athleticism of the dunk without going to either extreme (this means nothing! he’s going to be an all-time UConn great!)

Can’t we just like stuff?

What is your problem? I "liked" the OP dunk check it out but I really don't care about it because I care more that this kid can flat out shoot the ball. Is this a problem with you that I discuss that fact? Watching dunks with no one on anyone in a video do not "mean nothing" to me you can have all the fun you want with it. I love that he can do it but care more of his overall skills, that's my point. Relax

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What is your problem? I "liked" the OP dunk check it out but I really don't care about it because I care more that this kid can flat out shoot the ball. Is this a problem with you that I discuss that fact? Watching dunks with no one on anyone in a video do not "mean anything" to me you can have all the fun you want with it. I love that he can do it but care more of his overall skills, that's my point. Relax

I made a comment and have literally no problem here. Did I type your name? Why did you take it so personally? There was an “easy boys” and a Kwintin comparison (KWINTIN!) on the first page.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I made a comment and have literally no problem here. Did I type your name? Why did you take it so personally? There was an “easy boys” and a Kwintin comparison (KWINTIN!) on the first page.

Because i said it meant nothing to me basically. I felt the finger, it's over no biggie. Dunks great!

Reaction Score
Love this kids athleticism but this dunk means little to me. When I see him coming off picks and making jumpers, or ball faking and taking 2 dribbles to pull up for 12-15 footer nothing but net then my excitement will begin. I think that part of his game is the most important and will allow him more space to get to the rim. He will play as a freshman his offensive gifts are too good. If he can play some D and be physical despite being thin for now he will be getting lots of minutes.
His three point shooting will be felt as well. Hurley has commented favorably on his range and proficiency.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think he'll be good, but Gaffney is actually the better dunker. What I've been encouraged about is that he seems able to create off the dribble, which we desperately need. His release seems pretty quick too, which, combined with height should make him hard to guard from the perimeter. By comparison, Polley is taller, and shoots well, but doesn't get it off quickly.

My hope is that this team has enough depth to ensure that Hurley can sub out anybody who isn't all in on the defensive side. I expect that he will demand it of all these guys in order to earn playing time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m over the lobbing it to yourself from the 3 point line stuff. Cool dunk but I’m over it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You can appreciate the athleticism of the dunk without going to either extreme (this means nothing! he’s going to be an all-time UConn great!)

Can’t we just like stuff?
Short answer: NO!!

You new to Boneyard. If you knew Boneyard you’d just save your breath.

Anyways a little irony in your post. We all prefer others to do things the way we like to do them or think is the “right way” to do them. Who knows the right way? That individual or group would have to be omnipotent! Remember this and your aggravation level might be tempered.

Reaction Score
Woe- like I said a few months ago only a matter of time before he’s our starting 2 guard. I’ll say by February.

Reaction Score
Woe- like I said a few months ago only a matter of time before he’s our starting 2 guard. I’ll say by February.

He will start at 3. We have too many guards for him to be at the 2.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Thank you for writing what I was thinking. I agree, great display of athleticism, and a superb dunk. But that doesn't make you a player. That said, I'm a lot higher on him than Wilson.

Reaction Score
Really odd to think CV won't start at the 2. I don't see anyway he doesn't.
In a perfect world, he's the ideal 6th man. But for this team and the way it's constructed, CV's experience and motor are too important.

I think CV will start the season as a starter at the 2 spot, but as the season progresses, if Bouknight plays at the level we expect him to, Bouknight will likely end up starting at the 2. If everyone is healthy, the lineup by March will likely be:

1) Alterique
2) Bouknight
3) Polley
4) Akok
5) Carlton

The best part of this lineup is the fact we can have our entire starting lineup back for next year.

Reaction Score
I think CV will start the season as a starter at the 2 spot, but as the season progresses, if Bouknight plays at the level we expect him to, Bouknight will likely end up starting at the 2. If everyone is healthy, the lineup by March will likely be:

1) Alterique
2) Bouknight
3) Polley
4) Akok
5) Carlton

The best part of this lineup is the fact we can have our entire starting lineup back for next year.

Positions on offense are irrelevant here. It's a PG and 3 wings + a big basically.

Have you seen Polley slide his feet? In the AAC the 3 is basically a big guard. He wasn't moving quick enough to defend 4s. How on earth is he going to guard the 3?

I expect a big leap in athleticism but that's a lot to ask.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

1) Alterique
2) Bouknight
3) Polley
4) Akok
5) Carlton

Vital will be in there for his defense and rebounding alone (those being driven by that motor I mentioned earlier). That's first priority.

Reaction Score
Really odd to think CV won't start at the 2. I don't see anyway he doesn't.
In a perfect world, he's the ideal 6th man. But for this team and the way it's constructed, CV's experience and motor are too important.

CV is an out of control gunner, needs to stop playing out of control school ground ball.

Reaction Score
CV is an out of control gunner, needs to stop playing out of control school ground ball.

I do not understand how this myth persists on the yard. He shot 45% from the field and 40% from deep. Those are very good percentages.

He had a problem with shot selection his first couple years. Hurley's system very much changed that.

EVERY one of our other guards shot worse last year. If anyone should be considered a gunner, it is Rique. He was a disaster from 3 for stretches. And everyone seems to treat him like a potential all-conference player (including myself).

Is it because Christian shoots a lot of 3s? Hate to break it to yall--it isn't 1990. 3s are a good thing, and he's very good at shooting them in bulk. Look up what efg% is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom