James Bouknight Released | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Released

Reaction Score
Hopefully he finds a niche as a role player. A team like the Heat would be a good place as a reclamation project not to mention Caron is there, if Gabe Vincent and Max Struss can thrive so can Bouknight.

Reaction Score
Who is his agent? If I remember right he had an agent that wasn’t one of the top guys. If he did he might get another chance sooner. If not, it could be a tough road.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It appears he needs motivation and the best thing to do for that is to get help; as much and as often as you need. I wish him the best because his direction does not look like it was likely to be fruitful. Let people help you to help yourself James.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t think another team will take a chance on him with all the baggage. Hope I’m wrong because if he goes overseas and continues this act it will not go over well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Something to ponder, would Hurley take him today? Back then he had no choice but listening to Hurley talk about what he looks for in recruits now, Bouknight doesn't seem to fit that narrative.

I don't know that the things that are purported to be his personal challenges were known about him back in high school.

In any event, it's a shame because he is an amazing talent. I'm rooting for him to get his life together and succeeded in whatever is his next venture.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
With all due respect you are really making it hard to resist the ignore button.
do it becky chung GIF

Reaction Score
JB will probably get a few more chances, but it's most likely won't be for the guaranteed money he thought he 'd be making for the next 7-10 years. Hopefully, he takes whatever it is, surrounds himself with good people, works his butt off and builds himself back up. He is still pretty young and talented, but he has to realize there are few bridges left to burn.
Hopefully he takes whatever comes and make the most of it and not think it's below his station and doesn't take it seriously.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be so sure about making ton of money
In Europe
Right now he is “damaged goods” and the combination of the off court nonsense and
Never showing he ha “game” I believe he
Will have very limited options
See no chance of any current team picking him up
Will probably get a shot in summer league and maybe get to the g league

Hopefully he gets picked up by an organization that isn't totally dysfunctional but I doubt it. He could still make a ton of money over in Europe
h

Reaction Score
What about playing in China? Lots of people and lots of teams to play for.

If he plays on Coach Marbury's team, maybe Steph can mentor him and help him improve on many levels. ;)

Reaction Score
I don’t think another team will take a chance on him with all the baggage. Hope I’m wrong because if he goes overseas and continues this act it will not go over well.

Does he really have baggage?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Something to ponder, would Hurley take him today? Back then he had no choice but listening to Hurley talk about what he looks for in recruits now, Bouknight doesn't seem to fit that nanarrative.
I believe you are correct. I thought the same thing

Reaction Score
Maturity is a big thing. You have to be a professional. It went bad in draft night, he had a huge attitude that he wasn’t top 10.

Just never seemed to want to do the work. He got ejected coming back to UConn, embarrassing the athletic department. Then was a clown show going into student section. Then, he has the passed out in his car arrest.

Nba isn’t college. They don’t baby you. You show up, be professional, or you lose your job. Just a waste of talent. He is going. To have to go to g league as a 2 way or maybe some team gives him a minimum offer.

Reaction Score
Does he really have baggage?
Tons of baggage. How many times does a team just flat out cut a first round pick 2 1/2 years into tenure?

He hasn’t proven he is good enough to be worth the hassle (for example Morant is worth the hassle). Cutting him now is an indictment. They didn’t even want him around in a lost season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’ll get a G League contract somewhere. But this is probably it for the NBA. He’s a great cautionary tale for future UConn stars.

Reaction Score
Those saying he should have come back…would it have revealed the immaturity? He may have done some stuff that made him a second round pick. He got money, which sadly, seemed to be his life’s goal (to get drafted). Playing in the nba has to be your goal.

Reaction Score
Was he the guy who got kicked out of the stands while attending a UConn game? Had a feeling...
Yeah. That was embarrassing. Had all the talent but seems like he simply wasnt mature enough to handle the responsibility that comes with talent.

Reaction Score
Those saying he should have come back…would it have revealed the immaturity? He may have done some stuff that made him a second round pick. He got money, which sadly, seemed to be his life’s goal (to get drafted). Playing in the nba has to be your goal.
Everyone knew he was immature...a month or so on campus and he stole a girl's car, crashed it, and ran on the police.

Reaction Score
No one knows how another year at UConn would have affected Mr. Bouknight. He would have been the Junior leader on a team with RJ Cole, Sanogo, Martin, Jackson, Hawkins, Polley, Whaley, Gaffney, etc. Kids go to college to learn, grow, mature, and I think a full season with those teammates playing for Dan Hurley just might have had a small impact on his development. Just maybe. BE Tourney. NCAAs. What could have been for him, and us.

Reaction Score
Yeah that comment was not at all based on reality.
My bad. Got them mixed up. Thought I heard gaff was showing higher at one point or maybe he just had a good showing at summer league venues. Bouk was clearly better obviously. Akok was in that class too. Maybe Danny’s “class that could’ve been”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom