James Bouknight playing at 4pm | The Boneyard

James Bouknight playing at 4pm

Reaction Score
James Bouknight and Charlotte are playing the Nets today at 4pm on YES. Go James Bouknight!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I know a lot of well meaning casual fans see this as a negative, but I think this is an opportunity for James to make some changes and respond in a positive manner. It is a learning process to understand what the expectations are at a professional level - so looking forward to seeing how James reacts to this challenge. I wish him well.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Scary Terry is out (ankle). Last time that didn't mean Bouknight played but it does make it more likely.

Meanwhile, Kyrie is out (NYC vaccine mandate) and Blake Griffin is out (coach's decision - rest) as well. Could make things interesting.

Reaction Score
Almost halftime. Looks like Ike bouk isn’t in the rotation regardless if rozier plays or not. He’s going to have to really kick ass in practice and/or wait for more injuries. My guess is its because of defense.

Reaction Score
Almost halftime. Looks like Ike bouk isn’t in the rotation regardless if rozier plays or not. He’s going to have to really kick ass in practice and/or wait for more injuries. My guess is its because of defense.
At the professional level game prep is key. If he puts in the time and does things the right way, both on and off the court, he will be fine. He is no longer the inherent indispensable guy. Start with doing the little things the right way, then work your way up.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Nets probably wish they had Kyrie right about now

Reaction Score
Unless Miles Bridges was seeking the max I don't understand why the Hornets didn't extend him before the deadline. Hornets will be able to match but he's gonna get a nice deal this offseason, he and Melo need to stay together. Who was the poster that claimed every Hornets pick was a failure, Bridges has got better every year.

Reaction Score
Unless Miles Bridges was seeking the max I don't understand why the Hornets didn't extend him before the deadline. Hornets will be able to match but he's gonna get a nice deal this offseason, he and Melo need to stay together. Who was the poster that claimed every Hornets pick was a failure, Bridges has got better every year.
No sense in tagging him, just look in the other threads, you’ll find him. The Hornets under Borrego & Kupcheck have done a nice job developing the younger talent. Ball, Bridges, Rozier, Graham etc etc. There are a few moves I think Mitch should have made (trading players early) but he’s got an eye for talent that’s for sure. Bridges agent is Rich Paul. Hornets tried really hard to extend him but Paul wants Bridges to hit the market, his value is gonna be big. He’s gonna get paid and there’s no reason to think he won’t continue to develop. He’s a good talent, he’s a part of this core going forward. MJ will have to open up the check book a bit.

Reaction Score
Man I hope James can work his way into the rotation soon. I know he’ll get his chance if he continues to put the work in, but it’s still disappointing to see him glued to the bench.

Doesn’t seem like James Borrego will make many rotation changes if the Hornets continue to win.

Reaction Score
They are probably fans of Kyrie the BB player who they think is needed for the Nets to win the Championship. Doubt they care about the politics. If he was the 14th player on the team, would they be marching? They could have used him today.
Lol man please, those are loons who have co-opted Kyrie to further their agenda. NY basketball fans aren't moving like those weirdos.

Reaction Score
Correction: James Bouknight plays 1 minute starting at 4pm.

Bouk continues to waste away on the bench but at least his team wins? Hope he’s having fun riding pine as it’s what so many of you want for the kid.

Reaction Score
That’s me! Bridges has taken a huge jump this year and has been super impressive I won’t deny that at all. I’ll give credit where credit is due. And I never said Melo was a failure.

Reaction Score
Praying bouk doesn’t embrace being the elaborate handshake bench guy

lol he won’t. He’s a competitive dude

Reaction Score
Y
No sense in tagging him, just look in the other threads, you’ll find him. The Hornets under Borrego & Kupcheck have done a nice job developing the younger talent. Ball, Bridges, Rozier, Graham etc etc. There are a few moves I think Mitch should have made (trading players early) but he’s got an eye for talent that’s for sure. Bridges agent is Rich Paul. Hornets tried really hard to extend him but Paul wants Bridges to hit the market, his value is gonna be big. He’s gonna get paid and there’s no reason to think he won’t continue to develop. He’s a good talent, he’s a part of this core going forward. MJ will have to open up the check book a bit.
So do you not want Bouk to play? That’s all I want for the kid. You and so many people on here just hate that I said it’s a bad place for him and so far that is the case. He’s not going to improve sitting on the bench.

Two things can be true. The Hornets are making the right decisions and are 3-0. These moves are also not in Bouk’s best interest. That’s all I’ve been saying is I don’t trust this organization to give him the best possible career. Their track record, which has been terrible, has improved with Melo and finally this year Bridges. But how can Bouk improve riding the bench? Why are so many of you anti-Bouk. If you weren’t anti-Bouk you’d want him off the Hornets on a team he would play.

Reaction Score
Y

So do you not want Bouk to play? That’s all I want for the kid. You and so many people on here just hate that I said it’s a bad place for him and so far that is the case. He’s not going to improve sitting on the bench.

Two things can be true. The Hornets are making the right decisions and are 3-0. These moves are also not in Bouk’s best interest. That’s all I’ve been saying is I don’t trust this organization to give him the best possible career. Their track record, which has been terrible, has improved with Melo and finally this year Bridges. But how can Bouk improve riding the bench? Why are so many of you anti-Bouk. If you weren’t anti-Bouk you’d want him off the Hornets on a team he would play.
I am a huge Bouk fan and Hornets fan. The idea that him not cracking the rotation in his first games as a rookie will somehow limit his career is silly. What would be a lot worse is going to a bad team, developing bad habits, and playing for a coaching staff that can’t develop young talent. Look around the league at the likes of Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando etc etc. That’s where I’d be more concerned. It’s fair to trash the Hornets, they’ve been awful for some time now. But it’s clear the Borrego & Mitch regime have put an emphasis on player development and we’ve seen their players improve. It’s okay to bring him along a bit slowly. When he gets his shot, which he will, he will grow with this squad. They have a good balance of youth & older guys and finally a roster that’s actually solid. That’s a great spot for him to learn how to play and how to impact winning.

Reaction Score
I am a huge Bouk fan and Hornets fan. The idea that him not cracking the rotation in his first games as a rookie will somehow limit his career is silly. What would be a lot worse is going to a bad team, developing bad habits, and playing for a coaching staff that can’t develop young talent. Look around the league at the likes of Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando etc etc. That’s where I’d be more concerned. It’s fair to trash the Hornets, they’ve been awful for some time now. But it’s clear the Borrego & Mitch regime have put an emphasis on player development and we’ve seen their players improve. It’s okay to bring him along a bit slowly. When he gets his shot, which he will, he will grow with this squad. They have a good balance of youth & older guys and finally a roster that’s actually solid. That’s a great spot for him to learn how to play and how to impact winning.
That’s well and all if he was a raw and a project. Like when a QB waits in the wings a few years. In that scenario I have no issues.

While he’s far from a finished and polished product, he is not some raw player that would be harmed by playing. He dropped 16ppg in preseason and was very good in Summer League most games. He belongs on the court. I think he deserves to be out there. I don’t think he is going to benefit from riding the bench.

I honestly don’t see how he gets his shot. If he played when Rozier is hurt and doesn’t play when Rozier is healthy, sure. But clearly he won’t be cracking the rotation anytime soon. Rozier is signed long term. Oubre signed through next year. He’s not a PG so he’s not going to take Ish Smith’s minutes. Bridges is not going to go anywhere. Hayward too. Where do his minutes come in the next two years at this point?

Again, if he was some long term raw project — which I don’t see how you can see he is — then ride that bench. But he’s not. He needs to be playing.

What the Hornets are doing is great for them, but I don’t think it’s good for Bouk as of now. Even when they brought Melo along “slow” last year, he was at least playing 15 min per game at the start. Why shouldn’t Bouk get that?

Reaction Score
Bouk looks like the smallest guy out there. Maybe he can’t keep up on D in practice and they want to bulk him up. The team is 3-0 so from an outsiders view they’re doing alright

Reaction Score
That’s well and all if he was a raw and a project. Like when a QB waits in the wings a few years. In that scenario I have no issues.

While he’s far from a finished and polished product, he is not some raw player that would be harmed by playing. He dropped 16ppg in preseason and was very good in Summer League most games. He belongs on the court. I think he deserves to be out there. I don’t think he is going to benefit from riding the bench.

I honestly don’t see how he gets his shot. If he played when Rozier is hurt and doesn’t play when Rozier is healthy, sure. But clearly he won’t be cracking the rotation anytime soon. Rozier is signed long term. Oubre signed through next year. He’s not a PG so he’s not going to take Ish Smith’s minutes. Bridges is not going to go anywhere. Hayward too. Where do his minutes come in the next two years at this point?

Again, if he was some long term raw project — which I don’t see how you can see he is — then ride that bench. But he’s not. He needs to be playing.

What the Hornets are doing is great for them, but I don’t think it’s good for Bouk as of now. Even when they brought Melo along “slow” last year, he was at least playing 15 min per game at the start. Why shouldn’t Bouk get that?
If Melo played college, he would have been the number 1 pick without a doubt. He’s a special special talent, potential superstar. I love Bouk but you can’t compare him & Ball.

It’s 3 games, it’s a longgggg season. He’s gonna crack this rotation soon, it’s only a matter of time. The way they’ve developed other players around him, they will do the same with Bouknight. No reason to think they won’t.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Oubre had a bit of a rough game today but he's played well in their earlier games. Bouknight might have been able to claim some of Cody Martin's minutes but he had a great 4th quarter today. He'll get his time one of these days. Not sure when but as long as he's ready for it, he'll be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom