Jalens bad pass cost that game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalens bad pass cost that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you can criticize all you want but Miller was fouled on the put back, point blank period. with a make or two we go to OT or win, end of story
Only the other team gets those calls.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Hamilton not getting 3 foul shots but instead a shot clock violation might have contributed as well.

This one's not on Jalen, plenty of boneheaded plays throughout from everyone.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Jalens pass obviously didnt help, but we lost because of this teams inability to score the ball or run any kind of offense. There was not one particular play that lost the game. We stopped them what I believe was 8 times in a row down the stretch and we scored ONCE in that time. These end of the game performances are getting pretty tiresome.

THIS

Reaction Score
In the end, it was that play. Regardless of age, or how well he played, in the end that play cost us the game.

Reaction Score
Hamilton not getting 3 foul shots but instead a shot clock violation might have contributed as well.

This one's not on Jalen, plenty of boneheaded plays throughout from everyone.
Love the no call there, shot clock was running down Hamilton got himself in trouble and then leaned into the guy looking for a bailout, glad the refs swallowed the whistle. Can't blame the refs in this one, it was all self inflicted.

Reaction Score
I hate to agree, because Adams was mostly awesome this game and it may well have been a (positive) turning point for him this season, but it's absolutely right, that play was the game.

Up 4, a minute to go, 15 on the shot clock. Even if we take another shot clock violation, Cincy is all but forced to foul us to get back into the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Incredible.

Rodney Purvis, a senior, THE FERRARI misses four easy layups but yeah let's blame the one freshman who had our only basket of the last five minutes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Incredible.

Rodney Purvis, a senior, THE FERRARI misses four easy layups but yeah let's blame the one freshman who had our only basket of the last five minutes.

Reaction Score
People just don't want to pin anything on a freshman when there were so many other mistakes but he doesn't make that pass and we win the game, I think everyone realizes that. We either score to make it 6 and ice the game or at worst we give the ball back to Cincy down 4 with like 43 seconds left. Cincy hadn't scored in 5.5 minutes and Jalen gave them two free points to cut out lead to 2.

Reaction Score
A chance to go up 6-7 with under a minute and instead a coast to coast turnover becomes a 2 point lead. Please name a bigger play I'm all ears?

Cmon , what about the 2 blocks on Nolan? Hell if purvis hits one more free throw, the game is tied. What about the missed lay ups by purvis or the missed 8 footer by Hamilton. What if Hamilton goes 3-11, instead of 2-11? What if KO runs better plays after a time out? Shall I give you more?

Edit: almost forgot, faces get an offensive rebound and rather than kick it out, tries to force a shoot. In a one point game there are many plays that cost of the game. His timing just sucked.

Hamiltons poor shot selection on that 3 after he had juat hit one. I guess he thot the slump was over based on one shot.

pj

Reaction Score
It could have been worse. It could have been Fred Brown's pass in the 1982 national title game.

Reaction Score
It was the turning point. He threw away a four point lead.
Not really. It was the culmination of many minutes of stagnation that was as much to blame for the Yard's favorite Hamilton being weak at the spot.

Reaction Score
Cmon , what about the 2 blocks on Nolan? Hell if purvis hits one more free throw, the game is tied. What about the missed lay ups by purvis or the missed 8 footer by Hamilton. What if Hamilton goes 3-11, instead of 2-11? What if KO runs better plays after a time out? Shall I give you more?

Edit: almost forgot, faces get an offensive rebound and rather than kick it out, tries to force a shoot. In a one point game there are many plays that cost of the game. His timing just sucked.

None of that happened in crunch time but Jalen's turnover did. Not sure what you don't understand here but I'm done

Reaction Score
People just don't want to pin anything on a freshman when there were so many other mistakes but he doesn't make that pass and we win the game, I think everyone realizes that. We either score to make it 6 and ice the game or at worst we give the ball back to Cincy down 4 with like 43 seconds left. Cincy hadn't scored in 5.5 minutes and Jalen gave them two free points to cut out lead to 2.
Congratulations - you just proved that any play costing us 2 points would make us lose a 1 point game! So I'm gonna say we lost because of the first missed shot of the game, since we would've been up 6 before Jalen's TO.

Reaction Score

sj we had way too any chances after that ill advised pass to point at this. c'mon.

Reaction Score
Jalen could have made a great pass on that play and we miss the shot. So the pass in itself was an error but not game costly. We left about 8 points off the board with miss layups, a couple of missed foul shots, shot clock violations, opponents blocking our shots at the rim (not just Phil but DHam's underhanded WTF and others), and so many other errors/stupid plays.

Adams can hold his head up high because if he were not in the game the score would have been worse.

Reaction Score
Hamilton's soft flash was as much to blame if not more.

YES thank you. My brother called me and we said the same thing after rewinding, where was he gong without the ball - CATCH the damn thing first.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
YES thank you. My brother called me and we said the same thing after rewinding, where was he gong without the ball - CATCH the damn thing first.

He was open, but typically soft.

Reaction Score
Jalen could have made a great pass on that play and we miss the shot. So the pass in itself was an error but not game costly. We left about 8 points off the board with miss layups, a couple of missed foul shots, shot clock violations, opponents blocking our shots at the rim (not just Phil but DHam's underhanded WTF and others), and so many other errors/stupid plays.

Adams can hold his head up high because if he were not in the game the score would have been worse.
sure, fine if you look backward. But if you look at the pass at the time...up 4 with the ball under 2 minutes should mean make your free throws and go home with a win. That pass changed the game for the worst. Its not all on him, but if he doesn't do that, its a lot more likely a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom