Jalen out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen out

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Man i had just put my son to bed and settled in on the couch about 8:30 to watch the game. Granted it was with much less excitement than in years past but whatever, something to do on a Thursday night. Flipped on my DVR and the first words ... "no jalen adams tonight". I put my head in my hand and nodded off by the 4 minute mark. Worst. Winter. Ever.

Reaction Score
Worst. Winter. Ever.
Ya, those brutal CT winters are not helped by Uconn sucking so badly.

At least when I was stuck up in bed sick like a dog all fall, winter and spring 2011 during that brutal winter I at least got to enjoy a run for the ages.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ya, those brutal CT winters are not helped by Uconn sucking so badly.

At least when I was stuck up in bed all fall, winter and spring 2011 during that brutal winter I at least got to enjoy a run for the ages.

Kemba (and Jameson) willed me through that winter. My wife was pregnant and we lived in a house with a 100' long driveway that might as well fell off the face of the Earth. If that driveway wasnt down to pavement after even an inch of snow it was a death sentence. I sat in the dark, alone, watching that magical run and i couldnt have been happier.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How many holes have you punched in your parents’ basement wall over the fact that people generally tend to like posters who aren’t sour and unpleasant?

It’s almost pathological how upset you are that people actually like August. Get help bro.

Hes got some kind of fetish for @8893 too.

Reaction Score
I pretty much shut things down when I have a cold so take with a grain of salt, but there are some guys that when they're out with the flu you're surprised and then there are guys where you're not.
There is the flu and there is the FLU
If I missed 15 —20 days of work in a 40 year career that’s probably a lot
I broke an ankle at work and missed one day. I’m not tough I’m durable.
I claimed I had the flu a few times and might have missed a day if at all.
But once I really got they FLU . I missed Thursday,and Friday thinking I would be good to go Monday. I didn’t make it back until the following Thursday.
I lost 15lbs. And the lightest touch to anyplace on my body hurt.
There were even a few moments when I prayed I would die.
The wordy Flu is misused and comes in many forms. Every year people die from it.
In Its most severe epidemic It may have even killed 50,000,000 people in 1918.
Young adults being a large demographic in that pandemic .
It’s the most under studied major disasaster in history and it’s ignored in schools today.
As an ametuer historian and fairly competent Genealogist whose family was profoundly affected by this epidemic. I take the FLU very seriously.

Reaction Score
There is the flu and there is the FLU
If I missed 15 —20 days of work in a 40 year career that’s probably a lot
I broke an ankle at work and missed one day. I’m not tough I’m durable.
I claimed I had the flu a few times and might have missed a day if at all.
But once I really got they FLU . I missed Thursday,and Friday thinking I would be good to go Monday. I didn’t make it back until the following Thursday.
I lost 15lbs. And the lightest touch to anyplace on my body hurt.
There were even a few moments when I prayed I would die.
The wordy Flu is misused and comes in many forms. Every year people die from it.
In Its most severe epidemic It may have even killed 50,000,000 people in 1918.
Young adults being a large demographic in that pandemic .
It’s the most under studied major disasaster in history and it’s ignored in schools today.
As an ametuer historian and fairly competent Genealogist whose family was profoundly affected by this epidemic. I take the FLU very seriously.

Which one do you think Jalen has? My hunch is that he won't be dying from it.

And, to be clear: I'm not questioning his toughness. He played through a pretty severe ankle sprain last year from what I recall. It's just that, different team, different time, and I think it becomes easier to play through whatever it is that's ailing you.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Which one do you think Jalen has? My hunch is that he won't be dying from it.

And, to be clear: I'm not questioning his toughness. He played through a pretty severe ankle sprain last year from what I recall. It's just that, different team, different time, and I think it becomes easier to play through whatever it is that's ailing you.
Different team, different time and he'd have already played a pre-tournament season's worth of minutes this year

Reaction Score
Lmao! I have some choice words for you too gtcam, just come tap on my shoulder at the next Gampel game if you can get your wheelchair in the lower bowl.

I would guess you don't even attend the next game seeing you hate UConn and Ollie so much. It's a waste of your time

Reaction Score
Jalen's flu is clearly the most divisive political issue of our era.

Reaction Score
Different team, different time and he'd have already played a pre-tournament season's worth of minutes this year

Jalen works very hard to pace himself during those minutes. I don't get the sense that he's in great shape. Does that mean it's fair to ask him to play 38 minutes? No. But I don't think he's in good enough shape to play the way Bazz, Boat, and Giffey did in 2014 where they're expending massive energy on both ends every time down. Not entirely his fault - he never had anybody to show him the ropes.

Reaction Score
Jalen works very hard to pace himself during those minutes. I don't get the sense that he's in great shape. Does that mean it's fair to ask him to play 38 minutes? No. But I don't think he's in good enough shape to play the way Bazz, Boat, and Giffey did in 2014 where they're expending massive energy on both ends every time down. Not entirely his fault - he never had anybody to show him the ropes.

Those other guys had help though. They had others in the backcourt to play off of.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lmao! I have some choice words for you too gtcam, just come tap on my shoulder at the next Gampel game if you can get your wheelchair in the lower bowl.
Now you are making stabs at the handicapped
You are one classless little boy
Lower bowl!!! For you it's the lower bowel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc