Jalen Hurts.... | The Boneyard

Jalen Hurts....

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Well...probably not wearing Alabama colors. It feels like one of two things will happen...transfer....or position change. It was obvious that when UGA slowed the running game down, he couldn't figure out how to move the ball...unless he took off running.

But...I also think if Kiffin was still there, he would have found the right scheme to make Hurts successful. Come to think of it...don't be surprised if he transfers to FAU. But I doubt Kiffin will still be there when Hurts will be eligible to play.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Have to admit, I hate when announcers and media people use the word "classy", but Hurts was a really good teammate last night.

Imagine getting benched at halftime of the NC? Has to be a huge blow to your morale, but the kid was out their cheering on the freshman and the rest of the Bama squad like a good teammate.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Will he transfer? Do we have a shot?

Dude is too jacked to play qb, tough to throw a football when you have bowling balls for shoulders but is a ridiculous physical specimen. Needs to be on the field somewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will he transfer? Do we have a shot?

Dude is too jacked to play qb, tough to through a football when you have bowling balls for shoulders) but is a ridiculous physical specimen. Needs to be on the field somewhere.

He will get some play - but as a short yardage / wildcat / etc - guy. Far cry from being a starting QB at Bama. They will say all of the right things, but this will always be looked at as the other guy's ring.

Reaction Score
He's 25-2 as a starter, a well-respected teammate and after a bad 1/2, he's toast? Alabama is not QB U. For a program in constant searchof 1 QB, we are burying a kid who led his team to 2 championship games? Fun times

Reaction Score
Some adults could learn how to act from watching Jalen respond after game. It must have crushed him to be replaced but his answer was fantastic.

I do think he will transfer. He is not much of a pro prospect but I’m sure he wants to play.

Reaction Score
He's 25-2 as a starter, a well-respected teammate and after a bad 1/2, he's toast? Alabama is not QB U. For a program in constant searchof 1 QB, we are burying a kid who led his team to 2 championship games? Fun times
I mean it was the national championship game. No time to be sentimental he was stinking. That other kid sparked them. It's why Saban is Saban.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Bama's offense under Hurts was so weird. I only watched them in two games this year--at Miss State and the championship game. In both, he just runs the ball every play and gains like 3 yards. Just an odd offense.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Some adults could learn how to act from watching Jalen respond after game. It must have crushed him to be replaced but his answer was fantastic.

I do think he will transfer. He is not much of a pro prospect but I’m sure he wants to play.

Wait 'till he connects with Lashlee at SMU.

Reaction Score
In both, he just runs the ball every play and gains like 3 yards.
Clearly, Hurts may not be enough of a consistent passer. I may have misheard sometime the last few days, but didn't he average closer to 6 yds/rush as a QB?

Reaction Score

I'm not burying him. Just pointing out that he will be buried. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
He will get some play - but as a short yardage / wildcat / etc - guy. Far cry from being a starting QB at Bama. They will say all of the right things, but this will always be looked at as the other guy's ring.
Being here in the SEC region and a lifelong Bama fan even through 4 years of UC football, Tua is the man going forward. Georgia dared Hurts to throw the ball and in essence also took away the run as they stacked the box. Hurts is a running back , a pretty good one. However, with Bama's stable of running backs, and now Tua, they have a very balanced attack. And the defense....the defense....it is a pleasure to watch that Crimson D smak people all over the field. Their front 7 is always the best if not one of the best in the country

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved to WR ala Braxton Miller

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Rumor is he may change position... we'll see what actually happens. But he will not be playing in the NFL at QB.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Guessing switch to WR, then maybe transfers. Bama is too stacked at RB, where he'd most naturally fit. He should transfer immediately.

Reaction Score
He's gotta go, right? Even if he battles for QB1 in the Spring there will be better throwers in addition to Tua

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Could end up at FAU with his old OC as there quarterback. This depends on his love of Alabama. If he wants to stay he will become a wideout imho

Reaction Score
He'd be a great fit for a triple option school like Georgia Tech

Reaction Score
I thought this was going to be a thread on how Jalen Adams is experiencing constant pain every time he touches the basketball.

Is that his pain, or the pain we feel when he turns a normal shot into a ridiculous degree of difficulty shot? Just asking?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom