Jalen could be back for Senior Night | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen could be back for Senior Night

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My information is from a pretty original source. LOL. My source wasn’t some article.

Having said that, Chief feels neither Jalen or Gilbert should play further this season. I hope saner thinking prevails.
Why with Jalen?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They don't all travel together to games in Hartford. They just have to get there by a certain time. This was during the Calhoun years so not sure how Hurley does things
Really? That seems surprisingly random and unstructured.

Reaction Score

I've driven numerous players on many instances to games in Hartford. Drop them off in the garage under the arena. Just giving my personal experience

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've driven numerous players on many instances to games in Hartford. Drop them off in the garage under the arena. Just giving my personal experience
Yeah, I wasn't doubting you so much as expressing surprise.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

in the early 90's they used to stay together in the hotel across from HCC (on the side of Chucks Cellar)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They don't all travel together to games in Hartford. They just have to get there by a certain time. This was during the Calhoun years so not sure how Hurley does things
Wow that’s absolutely shocking to me. What happens if one then break down on the side of 84? Not that that would happen in Jalen’s Audi.

C

Chief00

Why with Jalen?

Why rush him back, for what? Better to let him fully heal and rehab. Plus, quite frankly, the team’s medical guidance tends to be overly optimistic, so I would counter act that tendency.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why rush him back, for what? Better to let him fully heal and rehab. Plus, quite frankly, the team’s medical guidance tends to be overly optimistic, so I would counter act that tendency.
He’s 18 points away from number 10 all time scoring. I wonder if that means anything to him.

Reaction Score
I'm so conflicted on the Jalen saga. On one hand i'd love for him to come back with Gilbert, and see what this team could do in the american tourney. On the other I understand Chief's point of having him sit out, recover, and give a professional career a go. Such a tough spot for the kid, however if ending his career on a positive note means something to him I think he gives it his all to come back.

C

Chief00

I'm so conflicted on the Jalen saga. On one hand i'd love for him to come back with Gilbert, and see what this team could do in the american tourney. On the other I understand Chief's point of having him sit out, recover, and give a professional career a go. Such a tough spot for the kid, however if ending his career on a positive note means something to him I think he gives it his all to come back.

Jalen’s a good kid, but the ending on a usual UConn MBB positive note ship has sailed, I think. Sad to say, because I would like to have his career end on a positive note.

Reaction Score
We've learned to make some late charges and some have gotten more playing time to prove themselves.
The missing link is back to finish the job.
It's time to gel at the right time and at the least make a statement for next year.
We will be the team no one wants to face early in the tourney.
Bartender.....one more kamikaze....

Reaction Score
in the early 90's they used to stay together in the hotel across from HCC (on the side of Chucks Cellar)

I seem to recall Calhoun always had them stay at the Farmington Marriott the night before games, maybe even before Gampel games, in order to ensure everyone was present and accounted for.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
He also isn’t alive so maybe you should pull for Jalen on one of his last games.

I am certainly pulling for Jalen. I wish him nothing but the best. My comment was solely focused on the comparison of Wes to Jalen. Not sure where the shade is coming from here.

Reaction Score
Once on the way to a game, we saw Phil Gamble on the side of the road next to a broken down car. (he made it). Yeah seems crazy they wouldn't travel together in this day & age.

Reaction Score
It’s actually shocking to think that with how bad this season has gone that if jalen does come back and get a couple games under his belt we actually could make a decent run in the AAC tourney. that’s how bad this conferences is. we could basically throw away the entire year and still have a shot to slip into the big dance and it’s not like last year where cincy and Houston we’re clearly a cut above everyone. this year our top teams aren’t even that good really. We have almost three weeks to get AG back to 100% and get Jalen back in the flow - I definitely think he wants to end his Uconn career on the court. Longshot but something to cling onto as a ray of hope

Reaction Score
I seem to recall Calhoun always had them stay at the Farmington Marriott the night before games, maybe even before Gampel games, in order to ensure everyone was present and accounted for.

He was still doing that up to his last years at the Marriott behind tgi friday in manchester

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He was still doing that up to his last years at the Marriott behind tgi friday in manchester
You could spot players at that TGI Friday’s after games all the time back in the day.

Reaction Score
It’s actually shocking to think that with how bad this season has gone that if jalen does come back and get a couple games under his belt we actually could make a decent run in the AAC tourney. that’s how bad this conferences is. we could basically throw away the entire year and still have a shot to slip into the big dance and it’s not like last year where cincy and Houston we’re clearly a cut above everyone. this year our top teams aren’t even that good really. We have almost three weeks to get AG back to 100% and get Jalen back in the flow - I definitely think he wants to end his Uconn career on the court. Longshot but something to cling onto as a ray of hope

Disagree, in part. This league has gotten better. The top end has remained the same but there are more teams down the line that have improved. I don’t want to see Tulsa or USF, even WSU in the first round. And don’t tell me anyone in this league wants to see Memphis a time any point in the tourney at home. I still think with a full healthy roster we would of had a chance against anyone, but it’s definitly a tougher road than years past.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
that’s how bad this conferences is. we could basically throw away the entire year and still have a shot to slip into the big dance and it’s not like last year where cincy and Houston we’re clearly a cut above everyone. this year our top teams aren’t even that good really

But the lower tier teams are better. Conference is deeper this year. Just no high end teams.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I agree wholeheartedly, although I wouldn't go as far to say the conference is bad. As much as I want this conference to succeed at the highest level, I think Cinci and Houston are going to get exposed very soon after post season play starts. Houston has done everything asked of them by beating who's in front of them, but from the eye test, they dont pass as a top 10 team. Not even close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom