Jacobs looks to be out as AD at Auburn | The Boneyard

Jacobs looks to be out as AD at Auburn

Reaction Score
4D04BD04-5A7C-44E0-B5A5-F69A2D84161C.jpeg

Bad timing w/ all the noise about UConn budget cuts...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
AD David Benedict has probably already fielded the call and accepted the job. That blows.

God damn unintended consequences!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wouldn't spend much time looking at airplanes. He is obviously on their list.

Reaction Score
Not losing sleep over it... AD Dave’s been a complete homerun and personally would hate to lose him but Beth Goetz has B10 AD experience and she has her fingerprints all over the program as well.

Maybe Auburn looks for a fresh start w/ no ties.

Interesting times...

Reaction Score
Not losing sleep over it... AD Dave’s been a complete homerun and personally would hate to lose him but Beth Goetz has B10 AD experience and she has her fingerprints all over the program as well.

Interesting times...

That's true, I did forget that we do have Beth Goetz and honestly Vic Cegles as well who probably are a huge part of why Benedict has been a home run hire. The question would be if one or both stayed if Benedict left.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Interesting times...

That's probably a more likely outcome. Someone with no Auburn taint on them.

Reaction Score

Interesting times...
Jacobs replaced David Housel who was there from 94-04. Both are Auburn grads who came up through the Auburn AD. This whole thing may end up causing schools to do what both you guys mentioned here..look outside. This may just be the last straw for Jacobs..he dealt with a ugly situation with the Auburn softball program earlier this year that forced him to replace a coach. It was pretty ugly: Former Auburn Tigers softball player alleges abuse, sexual harassment in 14-page complaint
Add this to Malzhan not exactly tearing it up the past few seasons on the football field and now this thing with Chuck Person getting arrested...it's time to cut ties and move on.

Reaction Score
The question is only how big the shnit storm gets. I think this the tip of the iceberg in terms of turnover throughout the system. The NCAA was looking for an antitrust exemption a few years back. I think that whole question will be back in order to give the NCAA real power to police and the cost is going to be competitive parity and access again. Too much power and revenue concentration is corrupting the system. What we are seeing and will see is schools hacking arms and legs off to save the sysytem and keep status quo and dollars flowing in their coffers. I won be surprised to see the side endorsement deals between shoe companies and coaches be banned as well.

Reaction Score
The question is only how big the shnit storm gets. I think this the tip of the iceberg in terms of turnover throughout the system. The NCAA was looking for an antitrust exemption a few years back. I think that whole question will be back in order to give the NCAA real power to police and the cost is going to be competitive parity and access again. Too much power and revenue concentration is corrupting the system. What we are seeing and will see is schools hacking arms and legs off to save the sysytem and keep status quo and dollars flowing in their coffers. I won be surprised to see the side endorsement deals between shoe companies and coaches be banned as well.
It will sure be interesting to see what the end result is of the Federal Investigation...and the NCAA fallout that goes along with it.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget Congress is now sniffing the dog too...
Yup....it will be interesting to see if this whole thing is the vehicle for a P-5 split from the NCAA or MASSIVE reform of college athletics as we know it. You just can't see things staying status quo because the NCAA to stay a governing body will have to levy some severe punishments, and up until now it seems as though there are 2 sets of rules..those for the P-5 and those for everyone else.

Reaction Score
It will sure be interesting to see what the end result is of the Federal Investigation...and the NCAA fallout that goes along with it.
Could end up with congressional oversight. If you get an antitrust exemption, that typically is what happens? Any antitrust lawyers refute that?

Reaction Score
Pearl and Auburn hoops' improprieties, such a convenient reason for firing their AD and enabling hiring a new AD who will hire his own new football coach.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If Benedict does go back there, does he take Lashlee with him?

Double dip for the Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom