Jacobs Article is up - Sheds some light on Warde's thought process | The Boneyard

Jacobs Article is up - Sheds some light on Warde's thought process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd argue that this downward spiral is already chaos but see this line from Jacobs' article

"But Warde Manuel has been insistent that Pasqualoni isn't getting fired after two seasons. These are Edsall's players. And if you replace Pasqualoni now, you'd have recruits from three different coaches.
The argument is that it would be chaos."

Reaction Score
If this is true then Warde Manuel needs to go, is this guy blind. You could give Pasqualoni the NY Giants roster and he still wouldn't win, the guy is just a horrible coach at this point.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
These guys would not be recruiting markedly different players. Unless we hire a guy who wants to run the wishbone.

Reaction Score
Edsall's players went to a BCS Bowl game and then PP took Edsall's players and killed the program.

This team is a bowl team that is not going bowling. If Warde is on board with this dumb ass statement about Edsall's players then we have a jack ass for an AD.

Do I want to sit through 6 games next year and get our asses kicked (our defense will take a step back)? No way. .....and I won't.

It's not quiting. It's called not supporting a misguided athletic department.

I'll wait and see. I still don't believe Warde is that dumb.

Reaction Score
These are Edsall's players. And if you replace Pasqualoni now, you'd have recruits from three different coaches.
The argument is that it would be chaos."

This means we have three more years of P because right now Edsall's last recruiting class are redshirt freshmen.

Reaction Score
Edsall's players went to a BCS Bowl game and then PP took Edsall's players and killed the program.

This team is a bowl team that is not going bowling. If Warde is on board with this dumb ass statement about Edsall's players then we have a jack ass for an AD.

Do I want to sit through 6 games next year and get our asses kicked (our defense will take a step back)? No way. .....and I won't.

It's not quiting. It's called not supporting a misguided athletic department.

I'll wait and see. I still don't believe Warde is that dumb.

Well said.

Reaction Score
Been saying this for some time. Manuel is an untested AD from a second rate program. His BB hire demonstrates a lack of conviction in his own decision making more than establishing a short leash. He either will step in and take the lead or play the CYA game. He's a big bag of whose shown nothing. He hasn't even publicly drawn a line in the sand in terms of what he expects for competitive performance. Has he said the FB program must be at the top of the NBE. Has he said his vision is a top 20 team in five years? Has he said really anything about Football other than a lot of cliche Bull ? He's going to be another bad hire made to save a few bucks.

UConn desparately needs real leadership. The whole crew from Herbst on down are amateurs from the land of misfits. Hire a real President, real AD and real HC, all with track records and influential connections, instead of the rank clowns that are sinking the university at every level.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Somewhere, on a plane 30,000' over the eastern seaboard, DeLeone is running up the aisle yipping, "Paul! Paul! Lookit! I designed ANOTHER play! I call this one the 'flippityjibbit'! It's a hand off...those are good on first down."

And you guys want to fire the staff.... for shame.

Reaction Score
Warde has moved from a question mark to the big buffoon catagory in the last 2 weeks. Another ball-less wonder who talks a big game but is afraid of his own shadow. We need leaders with vision that want to succeed.

Reaction Score
We ran the fillippityjibbit play tonight when Whitmer tried the handoff fake to one back going left and then went to hand it off to McCoombs going right who never got it, fumbled and it was recovered by S Florida. I never saw us run this play before. We screwed it up and it might have cost us the game. #Fecundityfillippitygibbit! #FecundityDeleone!

Reaction Score
Aren't Smallwood, Wreh-Wilson, Gratz, Jones, Ty-Meer, Trevardo, Sio, Jesse Joseph all Edsall players?

Whether we agree or not this defense is top 10 in the country statistically. How come Brown is having success with Edsall players?

There's plenty of coaches in the country who are very successful their first two years of coaching. I don't get why the media and Warde continue to find excuses for DeLeone and Pasqualoni. If Warde doesn't see whats going on here then he's not worthy of representing Uconn athletics.

Pasqualoni came in and placed a DB coach as the RB coach, then demotes Foley from the o-line duties where he was very successful.

When Charlie Weis took over Notre Damn that team was and will always be full of talent across the board, so why wasn't he successful? Not because the talent wasn't there, it had to do with poor coaching. We have enough talent to be a top 50 offense if Akron and Arkansas St. Can have a top 20 offense then there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be better. DeLeone is not the best man to take control of this offense... He needs to retire! ducking embarrasing and PP along with him!!!

Reaction Score
Aren't Smallwood, Wreh-Wilson, Gratz, Jones, Ty-Meer, Trevardo, Sio, Jesse Joseph all Edsall players?

Whether we agree or not this defense is top 10 in the country statistically. How come Brown is having success with Edsall players?

There's plenty of coaches in the country who are very successful their first two years of coaching. I don't get why the media and Warde continue to find excuses for DeLeone and Pasqualoni. If Warde doesn't see whats going on here then he's not worthy of representing Uconn athletics.

Pasqualoni came in and placed a DB coach as the RB coach, then demotes Foley from the o-line duties where he was very successful.

When Charlie Weis took over Notre Damn that team was and will always be full of talent across the board, so why wasn't he successful? Not because there was not any talent, but because of poor coaching. We have enough talent to be a top 50 offense, but DeLeone is not the best man to take control of this offense... He needs to retire! ducking embarrasing!

Bingo.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Incompetence is a tricky thing. I really hope this isn't true, but if it is, Warde can go himself.

No, I think I'll be holding on to my donations this year, thank you very much.

Reaction Score
Been saying this for some time. Manuel is an untested AD from a second rate program. His BB hire demonstrates a lack of conviction in his own decision making more than establishing a short leash. He either will step in and take the lead or play the CYA game. He's a big bag of whose shown nothing. He hasn't even publicly drawn a line in the sand in terms of what he expects for competitive performance. Has he said the FB program must be at the top of the NBE. Has he said his vision is a top 20 team in five years? Has he said really anything about Football other than a lot of cliche Bull ? He's going to be another bad hire made to save a few bucks.

UConn desparately needs real leadership. The whole crew from Herbst on down are amateurs from the land of misfits. Hire a real President, real AD and real HC, all with track records and influential connections, instead of the rank clowns that are sinking the university at every level.

So you seriously want Herbst to be fired because PP hasn't been fired yet? So I guess as long as the football team wins games the rest of the university can go to ? That's one perspective.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not so worried about what he's saying now, as much as I am worried about what he will do in December and January.

There's a ton of dead men walking right now. Spaz at BCU, Phillips at Kentucky, Chizik at Auburn, etc. No need for the AD to pile on mid-season. It's rare for an AD to fire a coach in the middle of the year for on-field performance.

As soon as the team loses its last game though, it's a different story.

Buyout numbers aren't drastically different, but a new coach needs to be in place by early December and staff needs to be in place by Mid-December to give them time to shore up existing recruits and to fill out the class.

Reaction Score
Agree Chin. People need to let this play out over the final month. There is absolutely nothing to gain from the AD or Prez to trash the staff to the media (as much as I personally would love to hear WM say "this is not working, it is unacceptable, and we need to make some changes in the off-season"). If we get to Dec/Jan and both Tweedle Dumb and Teedle Dumber are back, that's another story. I don't think both will be back (maybe PP, but not a chance in hell they renew GDL's contract).

Reaction Score
Manuel's words are irrelevant. What he does between the final whistle against Cincy and December 15 will tell us what we need to know.

And saying he wasn't decisive about Ollie is not fair. He may be 100% convinced we are going to do a national search to replace Calhoun, and given the spot Calhoun put him in had no chance to do one for this season and is doing the best he can with the hand he was dealt. If that is what he's doing, and I don't pretend to know what he's thinking, then he's been decisive -- he's just not being honest because it's not in this year's team's interest that he be honest.

Reaction Score
On the bright side at least we dont have to wait until after the bowl season to put in a new coach

Reaction Score
Manuel's words are irrelevant. What he does between the final whistle against Cincy and December 15 will tell us what we need to know.

And saying he wasn't decisive about Ollie is not fair. He may be 100% convinced we are going to do a national search to replace Calhoun, and given the spot Calhoun put him in had no chance to do one for this season and is doing the best he can with the hand he was dealt. If that is what he's doing, and I don't pretend to know what he's thinking, then he's been decisive -- he's just not being honest because it's not in this year's team's interest that he be honest.

If Warde's plan is to push Ollie and Calhoun away from the program at the end of this season he is dumber than dumb and he will become public enemy number 1.

Reaction Score
If Warde's plan is to push Ollie and Calhoun away from the program at the end of this season he is dumber than dumb and he will become public enemy number 1.

The opposite of letting a retiring coach dictate whom your next coach will be is not pushing the retiring coach away from the program. It's just not.

Reaction Score
We are in for a misearble hoops season. WM took the course of least resistance and I think that in this case it made sense. The program did not need any additional turmoil. That said, I don't think it's particularly fair to Olie and he is in a difficult spot.

Reaction Score
No one in their right mind is going to push Calhoun away from the program. If JC chooses to walk away from the program b/c his choice for head coach is not retained long term, then that is on JC, not WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom