Jackson's Defense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jackson's Defense

Reaction Score
Defensively, he’s actually quite good.

If he has a flaw, he can be careless at times - like you see on offensive when he throws a pass that is 84% too non-chalant. On D, he’ll reach for absolutely no apparent reason. He’ll learn.
He constantly gets beat off the dribble too so I wouldn't call that being a good defensive player. Part of the problem is he is rarely gets down low on defense to keep that low center of gravity when needing to guard.

Reaction Score
In the if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle vein...RJ Cole's body defense is light years ahead of AJ's. RJ seeks a physical confrontation. He loves to man up his body and uses his strength (albeit the strength of a six footer). That something which is hard to teach. One guy is a puncher and another guy is a lover. I wish that Andre could take a bit of Cole's iron will and be more of a puncher and not a lover.
I don't really even know what to say to this. Andre's defense is significantly better than Cole's. I love Cole and he gives a ton of defensive effort, but he was abused on defense quite a few times this year due to his size and athletic limitations. There's a reason Andre has generally had the assignment of manning up the opposing team's best scorer and it's not because he's a bad defender. It might not look as pretty and it might not be as technically sound, but that is really just an academic debate at that point.

Reaction Score
In the 1st half while Jackson was playing Teddy Allen had 7 points on 3/8 shooting and UConn was leading 16-15. Jackson then picked up his 2nd foul with 6:18 to go in the half. The last 6 minutes New Mexico State went on a 17-6 run and Allen had 7 points on 2 shots. Maybe it was a coincidence though since he made his last 3 shots before the Jackson foul

Reaction Score
I’ll tell you one thing. He played very good defense on Allen late game when Allen went to the basket camera side left he cut him off then arms up no foul that was whistled anyway, 2 FTs instead of our rebound. Big play and an awful call, by then the refs were all Teddy Allen.

Reaction Score
I think part of his issue is he thinks he can make up for his mistakes with his speed but unfortunately that doesn't work out a lot of the time. How many times did he try for a steal or let his man get a step hoping to block him from behind with his athletic talent. I just think he has a lazy mindset on defense and that has to change. He needs to get stronger so he can body up bigger players too.
This is the problem. I think he is capable of being a great on the ball defender when he doesn't try to reach in or around and poke the ball away. His man just waits for him to try and then blows by him. He needs to just stay in front of his man and stop trying for the steal unless its there for the taking.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's slow footed but makes up for it by being long, having quick hands and being active. Allen went by him everytime like he wasn't there. Go watch the game again. One or two dribbles and he was by him with Jackson chasing him like he missed the school bus. Same could be said for others, too.

Also, it's really hard to swallow calling someone a great defender when the guy they were primarily defending went off for 37. Unless someone wants to chart Allen's percentage against AJ as an iso, go for it. Otherwise, I'm tired of hearing about it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's National Take A Dump On A Husky Day!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom