J.B. Grimes has Resigned | The Boneyard

J.B. Grimes has Resigned

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
All over Twitter...not savvy enough to embed while on my phone. Not worried about finding another o line coach, but this turnover is strange and makes me wonder about staff culture...a guy just resigns with no other immediate landing spot?

Reaction Score
Yes, this sucks, but in Edsall I trust... He's got somebody in mind already I'm sure... There's quite a few guys available now with all the coaching changes that have gone on over the last 30 days or so....

Reaction Score
Damn this program just can't get a break. I'm flashing back to RE 1. Stubborn, autocratic, and disinterested in doing anything but what RE wants. It's pretty darn clear RE drove these guys out. Kept the worst DC in America but managed to drive out the two most high impact coaches. Frankly, I'm not interested in riding anyone's train or trusting anybody anymore. Shut up and put up or get the hell out. Sick of this garbage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
New OC philosophy not meshing?

Grimes is old enough to not have to work for anyone he doesn't want to work alongside.

Dibs on first "Bring Back Foley" post.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Damn this program just can't get a break. I'm flashing back to RE 1. Stubborn, autocratic, and disinterested in doing anything but what RE wants. It's pretty darn clear RE drove these guys out. Kept the worst DC in America but managed to drive out the two most high impact coaches. Frankly, I'm not interested in riding anyone's train or trusting anybody anymore. Shut up and put up or get the hell out. Sick of this garbage.

Agreed. There does seem to be some sort of clash of egos going on here. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feel it has.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

There was a Grimes interview before the season where he seemed far more loyal to Lashlee than anyone else. Not a surprise, but not exactly a positive turn of events.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
42614660-0BA0-461B-8D7E-1437ADAFA588.gif

Reaction Score
Why do my two favorite football teams (Uconn and Oakland Raiders) seem to mirror each other by futility and decision making? Raiders bring back Gruden and Uconn brings back Edsall. Raiders sucked for over a decade now Uconn sucks. I can't catch a break as a fan.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Interested to see who HCRE brings in. I think people are overreacting to this loss.

Agreed in some sense. I don't think he's Dante Scarnecchia by any stretch, and I think we can find someone else who will be just as effective. I'm more worried about constant turnover. At the same time, I'm happy to get the guys who weren't deeply committed out of the program. It's clear he and Lashlee would jump at first chance, and I believe having coaches that believe in our program will be a better fit.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Why do my two favorite football teams (Uconn and Oakland Raiders) seem to mirror each other by futility and decision making? Raiders bring back Gruden and Uconn brings back Edsall. Raiders sucked for over a decade now Uconn sucks. I can't catch a break as a fan.

Didn't Gruden lay the foundation for the Raiders to go to the Super Bowl? I don't think he mirrors Edsall at all. You'd probably have a more apt comparison of Al Davis and Jeff Hathaway.

Reaction Score
Didn't Gruden lay the foundation for the Raiders to go to the Super Bowl? I don't think he mirrors Edsall at all. You'd probably have a more apt comparison of Al Davis and Jeff Hathaway.
Then they got smoked in said Super Bowl and they were the laughing stock of the NFL for the next 14 plus years. Interesting to see what he does in this go around though. Carr is a great young QB that could thrive under him. But he also hasn't coached in the NFL in 10 years so who knows. He turned Rich Gannon into a league MVP. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Then they got smoked in said Super Bowl and they were the laughing stock of the NFL for the next 14 plus years...
They got smoked in the Super Bowl by the very person who built them. Again that, as well as the 14 year period of being a laughing stock is on Davis, not Gruden.

''Every play they've run, we've run in practice,'' Tampa Bay
safety John Lynch said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom