I've got a feeling something is brewing up in Storrs | The Boneyard

I've got a feeling something is brewing up in Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
A couple of contacts who are normally keyed into the UConn Atheletic Department are all of a sudden not available to get in touch with (which is rare). I think our conference affiliation may be getting settled as we speak and I have a feeling something big may be coming that we might find out about in the next couple of days. Not sure how 'big' the news will be, but it seems like something is brewing here.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Excuse my skepticism, but is it possible that they are all making dinner plans with each other or something else much less important than our conference move?

For the record, if an announcement comes tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll tip my cap to you on your hunch.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Here's to hoping you are right! (and that it's positive)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gee thanks USG. I was finally starting to feel comfortable not checking news feeds hourly.

Reaction Score
I was sent an e-mail yesterday from someone my mom knows through work who's a huge Villanova guy. Granted this was yesterday when everyone was assuming that the Big 12 was about to collapse, and that obviously hasn't happened. Take it FWIW!

I played golf with Jay Wright yesterday in NJ. He says hes pretty confident that UCONN and Rutgers will be the last 2 in the ACC. They want the TV markets. UCONN converted to D1 FB at exactly the right time. Nova is pretty much screwed. Jay told me that he expected something soon from TX and OK. He was right on with the news this AM. He said with Tx and OK gone, the Big 12 will fall apart too. He said that there is going to be a scramble for the next 2 weeks but no school has a plan. He has been speaking to the ADs from schools in and out of the conference. Everybody seems to be waiting to see how it falls and they are all ready to make a move. Crazy. Although there is a 2 year contract requirement with the Big East, he says one year left. The conf will buy the schools out of their last year requirement. Sad. Nova is really in no-man's land. Bad planning. BC was way out in front of this and they look pretty smart right now.

Reaction Score
I stopped at the post office, but the line was longer than normal. I can't read too much into it, but who knows???

Reaction Score
Pres Herbst was on WTIC this morning. It was very brief and not much of any significance was asked or mentioned. But there was one thing she said that could tie in here. She said she has been spending ALL of her time recently on this issue. She impresses me as a VERY organized woman who deals with many issues daily. So even though her answer might be expected by some die-hards here, it also speaks volumes about the priority she is giving our conference affiliation!

Reaction Score
A couple of contacts who are normally keyed into the UConn Atheletic Department are all of a sudden not available to get in touch with (which is rare). I think our conference affiliation may be getting settled as we speak and I have a feeling something big may be coming that we might find out about in the next couple of days. Not sure how 'big' the news will be, but it seems like something is brewing here.

you sure do like using the word big. you used it two times, I counted, and one time you typed it like this: 'big'.

Reaction Score
you sure do like using the word big. you used it two times, I counted, and ont time you typed it like this: 'big'.

hmmm, you used the big twice yourself and the word ont once...(only joking) :)

Reaction Score
Here's to hoping you're right. Even though the Pac-12 say they are done, if Texas and OU don't get along, it could just start up all again.

Reaction Score
No, they're all digesting dinner from last nit at the grand hyatt with marinade. He wined and dined them with annapolis-caught crab cakes as an appetizer, cheese steaks from north philly paired with north Carolina fried chicken from the greenville bojangles, finished off with conehead sundaes donated from the beale street friendlys, washed down with 100% pure Orlando grown Orange juice. Best and most enticing dinner they've all had in years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was sent an e-mail yesterday from someone my mom knows through work who's a huge Villanova guy. Granted this was yesterday when everyone was assuming that the Big 12 was about to collapse, and that obviously hasn't happened. Take it FWIW!

I played golf with Jay Wright yesterday in NJ. He says hes pretty confident that UCONN and Rutgers will be the last 2 in the ACC. They want the TV markets. UCONN converted to D1 FB at exactly the right time. Nova is pretty much screwed. Jay told me that he expected something soon from TX and OK. He was right on with the news this AM. He said with Tx and OK gone, the Big 12 will fall apart too. He said that there is going to be a scramble for the next 2 weeks but no school has a plan. He has been speaking to the ADs from schools in and out of the conference. Everybody seems to be waiting to see how it falls and they are all ready to make a move. Crazy. Although there is a 2 year contract requirement with the Big East, he says one year left. The conf will buy the schools out of their last year requirement. Sad. Nova is really in no-man's land. Bad planning. BC was way out in front of this and they look pretty smart right now.
This says it all. Everyone is reacting reflexly. All the thinking and planning and in the end knee jerk reactions. Kinda like a busted play and the running back has to create on his own.

Reaction Score
I'm not taking much stock in pre-pac 12 not expanding quotes. Seems like evryone just assumed that would happen and based predictions from that.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Jay must be pretty pleased he turned down Kentucky a couple years ago.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nobody who works for UConn will leak anything for a while. Get used to a circle the wagons mentality.

Reaction Score
i hope that this is a jinx but i fear that it is the truth: the only thing going on in storrs right now are conversations that will not pay dividends for several years.

Reaction Score
Outside of the impact on UConn, does anyone else find this stuff HIGHLY entertaining? I mean, the speculation is rampant, the impact is huge, the dominoes are fascinating, the variables are all over the map. In the age of twitter, this stuff blows my mind. Love it.

Reaction Score
watching this play out on the internet is definitely better than TV and the movies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This is something that fans of UConn, Rutgers, ND, Texas, etc. will remember forever. Regardless of how it ends, this is probably going to continue to be a wild ride for some time.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What's brewing is they're figuring out where to fit Air Force in the schedule...

/snark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog