I've been a UConn fan since 1980 and can't remember a UConn team only having 2 losses this late in the season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I've been a UConn fan since 1980 and can't remember a UConn team only having 2 losses this late in the season

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And only one of these teams won the NC. So don’t underestimate peaking component.
2004 team probably could have been undefeated. They were so good they had a tendency to coast a bit at times.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Eh, im not as big on the officiating thing. The Big East has been like this for years and it used to be looked at as a rite of passage for how tough your team can be. I’m not sure why there’s all this complaining now. Just adjust lol

Do people think the officiating is worse than it has ever been?
Isn't James Bouknight was responsible for the poor officiating. :confused:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
2004 team probably could have been undefeated. They were so good they had a tendency to coast a bit at times.
I do think that’s one of the amazing things about Hurley teams. He knows how to get guys to play consistently hard. He’s a masterful motivator.

Reaction Score
1996 team started 24-1

1999 team started 23-1

2006 team started 22-1

2009 team started 24-1

Too late to edit my original comment, but both the 94 and 95 teams also started 20-2.
And only one of these teams won the NC. So don’t underestimate peaking component.
As Chief00 point out, this also squashes the idea that we either win championships or "suck" as many opposing fans like to point out when arguing about our status as blue blood. UConn has been kicking butt throughout the modern era.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Which is mind boggling to why we were so looked past in the final.
Not really. Duke's scoring average, average margin of victory (24), and single neutral court loss overshadowed the young team running roughshod through an overrated, yet weak ACC. Besides Duke, only Maryland and UNC made the Tournament.

Also remember Dicky V. constantly touted Duke. Even if he were doing a C-USA game, he'd find a way to work in a word for K, Brand, Avery, etc.

Reaction Score
The 64-65 team had a regular season record of 23-2. The stars were Toby Kimball and Wes Bialosuknia. The losses were consecutive later in the season when those two were both out sick for one of them and the other (don’t remember which) missed the next. One loss was close to Holy Cross who they crushed when the team was healthy. The other to UVA. They lost in NCAA round 1 when they had to play a very good St Joe’s team led by then freakish 6’6” AA point guard Matt Goukas at what was basically a home game for them at the Palestra. Kimball set what i think is still a tournament record nuts 29 rebounds.
You stole my post here. Welcome to the "Old Bones" club. 90% of the folks here have no idea who those people are in your post.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You stole my post here. Welcome to the "Old Bones" club. 90% of the folks here have no idea who those people are in your post.
And we have crystal clear minds. I remember players from before my UConn days. I was a fan who religiously listened to George Erlich do the games on radio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom