Its Weist, per ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Its Weist, per ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trust me, no one is happier to see PP/GDL go but I'm not gonna put blind faith in a guy who was left behind when Butch Jones found greener pastures. If he's half as good as Ollie, I'd be thrilled but lets not get crazy.

I hope TJ goes 8-0 but I also hope we see an aggressive, national coaching search and pay top dollar so we come across as serious as WM seemed about our football future.

If Weist went 8-0 and UCONN didn't offer him the job we would be a national laughingstock and Weist would get a head coaching gig somewhere else. 8-0 BTW would make this the best season we have ever had and put us in a BCS bowl.

Reaction Score
Trust me, no one is happier to see PP/GDL go but I'm not gonna put blind faith in a guy who was left behind when Butch Jones found greener pastures. If he's half as good as Ollie, I'd be thrilled but lets not get crazy.

I hope TJ goes 8-0 but I also hope we see an aggressive, national coaching search and pay top dollar so we come across as serious as WM seemed about our football future.
Only PP and GDL are happier. They take the money in a big wheelbarrow.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sorry, that might have came across clear. If somehow we go 8-0 then of course of TJ has earned a shot at the job. I don't expect that to happen (as much as I wish it does) so I want to see a serious national search that shows our commitment to football
I fully admit to having a bit of a mancrush on Weist since he came on board. I hope he succeeds. But we're only doing ourselves a disservice if we don't consider ALL the best candidates. If Weist knocks it out of the park... hey, great. Otherwise, WM has to do his due dilligence and get us the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom