Its Weist, per ESPN | The Boneyard

Its Weist, per ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can live with that. Give him a shot. If he turns 'em around maybe you seriously consider him.

Reaction Score
Wow - I'm actually surprised by this. He's been an offenseive coordinator for just 4 games, plus the bowl game at Cincy. Other than that a WR's coach his entire career.

EDIT - Ok, I'm dead wrong, offensive coord and assistant head coach at WKU... Forgot about that.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's the kind of guy we've all been clamoring for. He's not young, but he's a proven recruiter and plays an uptempo style offense. No harm in seeing what he can do for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
They need a positive high energy guy to keep the team pumped for the rest of the season. I don't think it's a slight to Hank but right now the offense is the one that needs the most work so it makes sense for Weist to be the guy.

The players love him. He apparently is able to kick you in the ass, but make you feel good about it afterwards. A player's coach for sure.

With a veteran coaching staff like ours I don't see Weist having to worry about much more than creating a gameplan and working with the WR's.

It will be interesting to see who the QB is for USF. If they can improve the OL play in any shape or form I say give it back to Whitmer. No time for QB growing pains with CC.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He's the kind of guy we've all been clamoring for. He's not young, but he's a proven recruiter and plays an uptempo style offense. No harm in seeing what he can do for the rest of the season.
He's in his late 40's, man... Guy isn't dead yet! Haha

Reaction Score
I honestly think Boyle gets the nod in two weeks against USF. He's here because Weist convinced him to come. Boyle is his guy and I think enough progress has been made for the change. He is after all, the number 2 QB, so if a change is to be made, it would be Boyle, not Cochran.

In addition, enough with the turnover prone QB. You can't win when a TO is guranteed from the player that handles the ball the most for you on offense.

Reaction Score
He's the kind of guy we've all been clamoring for. He's not young, .

Huh? He is 48. In my world he is still young.

I think this answers the question of who hired TJ, it was Warde.

So he gets the Ollie tryout. I hope it works out.

So how many wins does he need? IMO it has to be at least 4. I guess 3 may do the trick if we see a big improvement and the players want him back.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think we'll see at the very least if he was calling the players w/o any interference... I suspect we'll see some differences in two weeks.

Reaction Score
Look: neither Hughes nor Foley is going to be a candidate for a head job in November. If we were 2-2 and looking towards a bowl berth, I could see giving one of them the reigns. But given how ugly this year is, letting someone with some possibility of being a candidate for the job in November take charge now makes perfect sense.

But if I see us run zone blocking on the first series against USF, I will do a 180 on that.

Reaction Score
Look: neither Hughes nor Foley is going to be a candidate for a head job in November. If we were 2-2 and looking towards a bowl berth, I could see giving one of them the reigns. But given how ugly this year is, letting someone with some possibility of being a candidate for the job in November makes perfect sense.

But if I see us run zone blocking on the first series against USF, I will do a 180 on that.

Ok - but what if it actually works?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Just reading his bio....I didn't realize he had a connection to Michigan.

This can go one of two ways for him....the team responds to him and finishes out the year respectably. Resulting in Weist being seriously considered for the full time gig. Or...the team continues to flounder damaging Weist's brand and making it difficult to have him be in the pool.

Reaction Score
Look: neither Hughes nor Foley is going to be a candidate for a head job in November. If we were 2-2 and looking towards a bowl berth, I could see giving one of them the reigns. But given how ugly this year is, letting someone with some possibility of being a candidate for the job in November makes perfect sense.

I really like this post and I would have hit the like button, but your like counter is at 3333 and my OCD said "no".

Reaction Score
I'm sorry. I forgot that all the foundations are now, finally, in place for us to have success.

Whackadoodle.

LOLOL!!

FWIW: Don't be surprised to see a zone-based blocking offensive structure continued. It would be nice to start playing offense like we've seen Cincinatti play in the recent past. Football is a copycat sport, and IMO, we are clearly in the process of copying the Cincinatti offense that has had so much success in recent years.

Reaction Score
We'll see what we will see!!! I had hoped that PP was the guy until I saw his performance the last 3 years!!!

Reaction Score
This is a smart pick.....because he is a guy who may get the full time gig he will have extra gravitas with the players, the players will decide his fate and if they like him they will play full tilt for him.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's in his late 40's, man... Guy isn't dead yet! Haha

Huh? He is 48. In my world he is still young.

I think this answers the question of who hired TJ, it was Warde.

So he gets the Ollie tryout. I hope it works out.

So how many wins does he need? IMO it has to be at least 4. I guess 3 may do the trick if we see a big improvement and the players want him back.

My bad guys. Thought he was about a decade older and didn't check it before I posted. Glad to be wrong. Now he's just the candidate we all clamored for after all.

Reaction Score
I know there's been a lot of Warde-bashing on here, but you have to think it's possible he brought Weist in here for a reason...........

Have to say it, but that was HFD's comment when they brought him in. Odd that line stayed with me.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great choice! Count me as one of those who believes the talent exists with this team. KO had no head coaching experience but you could tell he had the it factor in spite of the lack of experience! I strongly believe Weist has the it factor!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think there's talent on this team. That's what was frustrating me the most. PP went 5-7 and 5-7 with a crap load of NFL talent. I think a good coach can turn this thing around. We'll see if Weist is that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom