its war in new england now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

its war in new england now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we truly aspire to be closer to B1G, ACC, or SEC teams, than to MAC teams we should attempt to schedule more Michigan's. Tennessee's, or North Carolina's than the UMass', Buffalo's, or the directional Michigan schools.
I do not aspire to be like the ACC. I think that the new Big East will be much better in 3 years. ACC = Ending Up like BC I am telling you.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Sorry if this comes across as a dumb question but is UMass playing ALL their games in Foxboro? Don't they have an on-campus stadium? I remember going there for a game my freshman year and that was 12 years ago. I thought they'd only play larger games like UConn or a bigger non-conference opponent there. They're playing all their home games that far away from campus? Ugh....that's awful!

Yes, all home games at Gillette.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The biggest issue for UMass - beyond on-campus stadium size, distance to Gillette, recruiting battles, etc. - will be how supportive MA lawmakers are towards the school in general and their FBS move in particular.

If they don't get the full political/financial backing they need from Boston, they're dead in the water. They'll become the UAB of the Northeast...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If they don't get the full political/financial backing they need from Boston, they're dead in the water. They'll become the UAB of the Northeast...
Quite frankly that's optimistic given the relative success UAB has had over the years... based on their facilities, etc. they've over preformed.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
does uab have any nice resturants near there campus? thats all they need really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom