OT: - It's time for golf | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: It's time for golf

Reaction Score
Just came back from South Carolina where I did not play golf. Lots of clubs on the baggage claim at Logan though. Did see some folks out playing, weather was nice.

Still waiting to find out if my local 9 hole course less than a mile away is about to become a subdivision. That would put a crimp in my golf plans this year.

Soliciting feedback on the two (Nickalaus, Rees Jones) courses at Pinehills in Plymouth, MA. Anybody has thoughts please share. Considering moving to that community. I like that its not purely a private club as that’s an annual expense I don’t need.

I'm somewhat amazed that most golf courses don't become a subdivision.

Reaction Score
Played on a 9 hole course Friday morning. First time out this season. Everyone was out Friday (70 Degrees) so afternoon golfing was slower than snails playing. Morning was perfect for me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm somewhat amazed that most golf courses don't become a subdivision.
Yes, I can guarantee that the golf revenue may barely turn a profit and the lane is worth millions. So I won’t be surprised to see it close.

Reaction Score
So far just bad flu like symptoms 68 thanks. Tested positive Thursday morning felt sicker about 9:30 Thursday evening after the loss lol..... I’m ok cough, sore throat but feeling better thanks for asking
Feel better. Hope you have no lasting effects.

Reaction Score
Just came back from South Carolina where I did not play golf. Lots of clubs on the baggage claim at Logan though. Did see some folks out playing, weather was nice.

Still waiting to find out if my local 9 hole course less than a mile away is about to become a subdivision. That would put a crimp in my golf plans this year.

Soliciting feedback on the two (Nickalaus, Rees Jones) courses at Pinehills in Plymouth, MA. Anybody has thoughts please share. Considering moving to that community. I like that its not purely a private club as that’s an annual expense I don’t need.
Played each a few times. They’re both good, but get a lot of play. If you really want a great course, check Old Sandwich just about 1 mile north of Pinehills. It’s private, and shows up in a lot of top 100 lists.

Reaction Score
Finishing up a weeklong golfcation in Myrtle Beach. Six days of golf between North Myrtle, Murrell's Inlet and Pawley Island.

Went relatively well. Had one day of 14 missed putts inside of 4', six 3 putt holes and 38 putts overall. Next day I start off hole #1 with an 89' bomb from the fringe. Later one I hit another 60'+ putts from the fringe.

Still playing Srixon Q Star Tour balls. Converted driver and 3-wood over to PXG a few months ago. GEN 4 0311 XF with stock shaft and grip.

Need to change out wedges this year. Shafts are starting to flake with rust.

As far as goals, consistent driving is key to everything.
I like those Qstar tours. Love putting with them now that I resurrected my old Bullseye with a new Winn grip.

Reaction Score
Finishing up a weeklong golfcation in Myrtle Beach. Six days of golf between North Myrtle, Murrell's Inlet and Pawley Island.

Went relatively well. Had one day of 14 missed putts inside of 4', six 3 putt holes and 38 putts overall. Next day I start off hole #1 with an 89' bomb from the fringe. Later one I hit another 60'+ putts from the fringe.

Still playing Srixon Q Star Tour balls. Converted driver and 3-wood over to PXG a few months ago. GEN 4 0311 XF with stock shaft and grip.

Need to change out wedges this year. Shafts are starting to flake with rust.

As far as goals, consistent driving is key to everything.

North Myrtle I love where did you play Chin? Pawleys Plantation still one of my favs on the Strand and I think I’ve played them all. Some of the lower tiered courses I’ve missed but love my many trips there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like those Qstar tours. Love putting with them now that I resurrected my old Bullseye with a new Winn grip.

I like the Q Star Tours for how they sound on the putter. I have an Odyssey white hot putter and I need to hear a click when I hit it right. When Titleist killed off one of their models a few years ago (I thin it was a NXT) it took me over a year to find a ball I liked.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
North Myrtle I love where did you play Chin? Pawleys Plantation still one of my favs on the Strand and I think I’ve played them all. Some of the lower tiered courses I’ve missed but love my many trips there.

We played Grand Dunes, Kings North at Myrtle Beach National, River Club, Pawley's Plantation, Blackmoor and Tradition Club.

I enjoyed Tradition the best. Pawley, Grand Dunes and Kings North were all really good too. River Club was a bit rough due to weather. Blackmoor didn't suit me at all but one of the other guys in our group of 8 liked it the best.

It was my first time with this group of guys. They've been doing it for over 20 years as a group and one of the guys has a friend in Myrtle who sets up all the courses and tee times. Sounds like Grand Dunes, Pawley Kings North are on the rotation nearly every year and then they throw in a few others each year for variety.

Reaction Score
We played Grand Dunes, Kings North at Myrtle Beach National, River Club, Pawley's Plantation, Blackmoor and Tradition Club.

I enjoyed Tradition the best. Pawley, Grand Dunes and Kings North were all really good too. River Club was a bit rough due to weather. Blackmoor didn't suit me at all but one of the other guys in our group of 8 liked it the best.

It was my first time with this group of guys. They've been doing it for over 20 years as a group and one of the guys has a friend in Myrtle who sets up all the courses and tee times. Sounds like Grand Dunes, Pawley Kings North are on the rotation nearly every year and then they throw in a few others each year for variety.
Tradition solid too yep. Grand Dunes and River Club as well. I liked Blackmoor minus the drainage. Nice layout but we played after some decent rain and it didn't drain well. Good trip!

Reaction Score
Tradition solid too yep. Grand Dunes and River Club as well. I liked Blackmoor minus the drainage. Nice layout but we played after some decent rain and it didn't drain well. Good trip!

I can't not participate in a golf thread.

I have played all Barefoot courses the week of Easter (Fly hom Sat Night) for the last 15 years. Always get good value there, stay on property for 4 days, 4 rounds for about $800 with $30 replays. Never disappoints, though it is a bit early in season for great conditions.

Blackmoor....played it once a long time ago, not a Gary Player fan. Whenever we play Hilton Head National in HH, I always ask to avoid the Player 9.

A buddy just bought a house on what used to be the Wood Stork course at Wild Wing. I suspect will be making multiple trips per year to MB in future, especially with the Spirit direct flight.

Reaction Score
I can't not participate in a golf thread.

I have played all Barefoot courses the week of Easter (Fly hom Sat Night) for the last 15 years. Always get good value there, stay on property for 4 days, 4 rounds for about $800 with $30 replays. Never disappoints, though it is a bit early in season for great conditions.

Blackmoor....played it once a long time ago, not a Gary Player fan. Whenever we play Hilton Head National in HH, I always ask to avoid the Player 9.

A buddy just bought a house on what used to be the Wood Stork course at Wild Wing. I suspect will be making multiple trips per year to MB in future, especially with the Spirit direct flight.

Barefoot all great agree. Wild Wing many years ago the best greens on Myrtle always liked it there. I suspect Wild Wing is one of the many which fell prey to real estate ventures due to inactivity?

Reaction Score
Barefoot all great agree. Wild Wing many years ago the best greens on Myrtle always liked it there. I suspect Wild Wing is one of the many which fell prey to real estate ventures due to inactivity?
Only 1 course remains (Avocet). The other three have all been subdivided or in some state of subdivision. Too bad. I played Wild Wing Falcon years ago and recall it to be a great track. I played Avocet in November, its a great course but all of the amenities are run down, restaurant had a 7/11 hot dog machine that looked like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was trying to prove that Lloyd Brawn wasn’t crazy. No discernible evidence of there being an active men’s or women’s club.

Reaction Score
Only 1 course remains (Avocet). The other three have all been subdivided or in some state of subdivision. Too bad. I played Wild Wing Falcon years ago and recall it to be a great track. I played Avocet in November, its a great course but all of the amenities are run down, restaurant had a 7/11 hot dog machine that looked like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was trying to prove that Lloyd Brawn wasn’t crazy. No discernible evidence of there being an active men’s or women’s club.

Lol liked them all but Falcon was very nice as was Avocet. Again, all the greens in the late 80s early 90s best rolling on the Strand.

Reaction Score
So far just bad flu like symptoms 68 thanks. Tested positive Thursday morning felt sicker about 9:30 Thursday evening after the loss lol..... I’m ok cough, sore throat but feeling better thanks for asking
Vitamin D(sunshine or supplements) and walking the course vs riding is going to help with the recovery. Stay safe-Be smart. Masters around the corner.

Reaction Score
Vitamin D(sunshine or supplements) and walking the course vs riding is going to help with the recovery. Stay safe-Be smart. Masters around the corner.

Been Vitamin Cing it some D huh? Walking the dog away from everyone for now i tested positive again today coming up on day 6. I need to golf and work , get outta here dammit.

Thanks

Reaction Score
Been Vitamin Cing it some D huh? Walking the dog away from everyone for now i tested positive again today coming up on day 6. I need to golf and work , get outta here dammit.

Thanks
More Rebel Yell. If that doesn't kill it, nothing will.

Reaction Score
Just got back from a trip to Jamaica and decided to bring the clubs, played a round at Cinnamon Hill. It was a beautiful course, 5 or so ocean side holes.

I live in Manhattan, even the range is a $50/hr event. I’m looking to get some practice in and play some golf that is subway accessible. If there are any nyc based Yarders who have suggestions for getting some cheaper swings in, I’m all ears! I have the itch and I need to scratch it.

Attachments

• CFFD1AD1-2CF7-4B35-9D2C-407D7E987004.jpeg
    CFFD1AD1-2CF7-4B35-9D2C-407D7E987004.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not fer nuthing, but seeing ur avatar toeguy, after seeing the one by former judge and now sac guy just before ur post,
is all very troubling. off-putting. highly distasteful. gross. barrf. urs gives new meaning to hanging ten, and i always thought that sac guy's image looks like someone slapped a headshot onto an upside down chicken leg.

the avatar police here have zero standards.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Need an excuse to tell my girlfriend why I was always too tired to wake up at 5:30am to go to the gym with her in the winter but I'm suddenly not too tired to wake up and play 9 before work

Daylight savings time.

Reaction Score
Weather has been great here in NC, just really windy.

Nothing feels like a Mizuno. The Mizuno MP68's are a great set of sticks and those look absolutely pristine . I'm gaming MP5's at the moment and doesn't look that pristine. It's got some dings from bag chatter and I absolutely refuse to use iron covers. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom