It's the Off-Season | The Boneyard

It's the Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here is my annual "it's the off-season" post.

During the regular season, the board is pretty tolerant of off-topic threads but they tend to be at a minimum because there's so many other things to discuss. But now that the season is over, we will run out of stuff to talk about especially those folks that don't follow the WNBA or recruiting. So, feel free to post OT threads in addition to discussions about UConn and UConn alum, the WNBA, the European league, etc. In the past we've debated best pizza (a topic almost as volatile as Red Sox vs Yankees), discussed college majors, careers, vacations....so many topics I can't remember. If there's something you've wondered about your fellow Boneyarders, ask away. Please do remember to steer clear of politics & religion; those threads will be moved to the Cesspool.

The off-season is also a great time for fans to learn more about basketball in general. Don't know the difference between a small forward and a power forward? What are people talking about when they call Bria an off-guard? If you've wondered about this stuff, go ahead and ask. RESPONDERS - please be kind to the people asking questions. and remember there was a time you needed to learn these things, too. Any posts that put down a person asking questions should be Reported (click on the link at the bottom of the post that says Report) and it will flag the post for moderators.

Are people interested in a Lurker Day? We didn't have one last year (my fault). For those who don't know, Lurker Day is a period of time, usually 4-6 hours, when only posters with less than 75 posts can talk on the board. That means that none of our resident know-it-alls can dominate a conversation. I know in the past some people have objected to the term Lurker but all that means is someone who tends to read more than post. It doesn't mean you hang around in street corners with nothing but a raincoat on :)

So, enjoy the board in the off-season. It can get quite lively here and I do like that we have more visitors from other schools. I hope more of you come out of Lurk mode.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Still lots of details of the "game" to be discussed, maybe not a summer, but at least a thread.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Still lots of details of the "game" to be discussed, maybe not a summer, but at least a thread.

Of course! There are probably a dozen faiths that are readily identifiable and many more that are less familiar. I think it is fairly standard practice for many believers of one to consider practitioners of all others to be destined ultimately to hell, but temporarily consigned to an earthly cesspool.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bria was an off-guard much of her junior year due to injury. During most of the rest of her career, she was an on-guard. Or maybe she was an en garde as she knifed her way into the lane. Or cut nets down. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, we have the FIBA World Championships to talk about during the off-season.

Meanwhile, does anyone remember when UConn won two NCs in a row and rode a 46 game winning streak? I do- it was awesome. I'll never grow weary of posting about that on here!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sure, basketball topics of all kinds are always welcome. I just wanted to let people know that that they don't need to feel limited to basketball or UConn related topics.

I'll fix my OP.

Reaction Score
Sure, basketball topics of all kinds are always welcome. I just wanted to let people know that that they don't need to feel limited to basketball or UConn related topics.

I'll fix my OP.
Yah!, Yah!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
WOOHOO....Look forward to all of the Baylor threads that I start!

Joking, of course. There is not much to talk about with Baylor right now unless some 2015 recruits decide to commit this summer, maybe after Kim's camp?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am excited about the WNBA season. Each season there are more and more recent college players replacing some of the "older" talent and gives college fans a chance to feel more closely connected to the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom