It's Official - Hassan Diarra wins 6POTY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's Official - Hassan Diarra wins 6POTY

Reaction Score
I was hoping Alex would get Scholar-Athlete at the least. Has that been announced yet?

BIG EAST Announces Individual MBB Awards

Creighton’s Ryan Kalkbrenner has been named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year. Desmond Claude of Xavier has been chosen BIG EAST Most Improved Player. Hassan Diarra of Connecticut has been selected for the BIG EAST Sixth Man Award. Creighton’s Steven Ashworth has been tabbed the winner of the BIG EAST Sportsmanship Award.

The BIG EAST will announce the remaining individual awards: BIG EAST Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Freshman of the Year and Men’s Basketball Scholar-Athlete on Wednesday, March 13, at 1:30 p.m. ET at Madison Square Garden.

Reaction Score
The kids I knew would wake up really early have a s---ton of liquid IV, and set alarms every few hours in the night to chug more water.
Makes sense, but I can't fathom running for an hour and not having any fluid...I've done 3-5 day fasts and nothing felt different for me

Poe

Reaction Score
Don’t want to look ahead, but I will and say Hassan will be all big east next season

Reaction Score
Congrats to Hass for this great achievement! The transformation of his game from last to this year was exceptional! His hard work certainly paid off!

Reaction Score
I remember reading a scouting report from his AAU coach when he transferred here.
He said something along the lines of, “you’re getting a junkyard dog who does all the little things well, plays ferocious defense, but makes a couple mistakes that you’re more than willing to deal with.”

We got all of that, and Hurley helped him remove the mistakes he made the first good chunk of last year.

Congrats Hass, kudos to you for putting in the work!

Reaction Score
He is the definition of no nonsense, straightforward basketball. There's nothing flashy about him. Hard drilled Queens New York if I've ever seen it. Congralations Hass

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
One of the best surprises of the year. He was all we could hope for and more. Last 2 years have been transfer heaven for us. I don’t love the portal but it sure hasn’t hurt us.

Reaction Score
Surprised at Ashworth for sportsman of the year. He seems like a pretty unlikeable guy, but I guess that’s just me. I guess this league really loves Creighton as 4 of their 5 starters took home hardware.

Reaction Score
Surprised at Ashworth for sportsman of the year. He seems like a pretty unlikeable guy, but I guess that’s just me. I guess this league really loves Creighton as 4 of their 5 starters took home hardware.
What makes Ashworth unlikeable?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Congrats! One of the best Huskies of all time.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How did Hass do it? His 1st pod ever tells the story. Mindset off the bench, impact with limited minutes, toughest opponents, how to play while fasting, life before UConn, and his most treasured NBA Super powers. Listen in.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
IMG_3642.jpeg
IMG_4353.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought Cam was a shoo in for sportsman of the year! lol…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His improvement is one of the biggest factors in why this team has been so good. It's astonishing how much better he is shooting the ball, and that's nothing compared to his ability to finish at the rim. I don't even know where that came from. Hugely important player. So well deserved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom