It's not coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's not coaching

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I mean Sanogo front ended a wide open layup to go up 3 with 50 seconds. That’s not coaching
Who created the offensive and defensive styles? Who puts in the lineups? At some point the defending of the ineptitude has got to stop. That’s how we get here. Four years of this. That missed layup didn’t cost us the game. How about the 10+ turnovers in the second half trying to force feed sanogo and giving up a double digit lead. Again

Reaction Score
I mean Sanogo front ended a wide open layup to go up 3 with 50 seconds. That’s not coaching
He's had good games and great games. Very few bad games this year so mentioning him for this game doesn't take away from coaching plays and what coaches allow. What about all losses prior? These kids need leadership from a point guard and better coaching.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's mentally soft players. Full stop.
Yes but it coaching too. The plan is designed for an inefficient high usage center. It was a nice thought but sample size is in. And then we added a big usage inefficient point guard. Nice numbers ( Newton last year at ECU, Sanogo last two years) but ultimately losing players to build around. Sanogo shot under 50 tonight that’s unacceptable for a center, I’ve been saying that for two years I didn’t even like his usage in creighton win. It’s long term fools gold. And combine that with how many turnovers we get trying to force feed him via coaching and we see what we get. Nice kid good player. Not a centerpiece. As long as he is a centerpiece instead of a piece this is us.

Reaction Score
Yes but it coaching too. The plan is designed for an inefficient high usage center. It was a nice thought but sample size is in. And then we added a big usage inefficient point guard. Nice numbers ( Newton last year at ECU, Sanogo last two years) but ultimately losing players to build around. Sanogo shot under 50 tonight that’s unacceptable for a center, I’ve been saying that for two years I didn’t even like his usage in creighton win. It’s long term fools gold. And combine that with how many turnovers we get trying to force feed him via coaching and we see what we get. Nice kid good player. Not a centerpiece. As long as he is a centerpiece instead of a piece this is us.
We need a guard who can take his guy off of the dribble consistently. I’m tired of watching Newton play like he’s running on flat tires

Reaction Score
It's the entire package, players, coaches, H2O boy, all of it!

Reaction Score
UConn has no guards or wings that are alpha dog scorers. They are all role players, including Hawkins. Every team UConn has lost to in the last two weeks have players that can force fouls or get easy points. There is nobody playing for UConn that can truly create their own shot. Let’s hope a couple of the recruits can take over a game.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have multiple potential NBA draft picks on this team and we can’t figure it out

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Did anyone really play well. AJ is lost. I kind of feel sorry for them right now. They seem like a group of young men that want to do well but can’t figure out how to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Who created the offensive and defensive styles? Who puts in the lineups? At some point the defending of the ineptitude has got to stop. That’s how we get here. Four years of this. That missed layup didn’t cost us the game. How about the 10+ turnovers in the second half trying to force feed sanogo and giving up a double digit lead. Again
I’m not “defending” anyone. But that missed layup absolutely cost us the game

Reaction Score
It's definitely part coaching. Both seton hall and St johns can't shoot. We play a 2-3 zone with DC in the middle we don't get in foul trouble and we don't lose. Seton Hall is small - now way they could handle the both of them on the Offensive end. Instead we adjust our lineup to the other team's lineup like we always do. And how Clinigan wasn't in to protect the rim at the end there is a coaching felony!!!!
Agree 100%. Not playing zone in the second half was a criminal offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom