It's Miller Time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's Miller Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His field goal percentage is slightly concerning considering his position, but he rebounds really well and I expect a lot of his missed shots had to do with having to be the focal point of the offense.
He actually shot a lot of 3's so hopefully he won't have to here. Just when he is wide open.

Reaction Score
His field goal percentage is slightly concerning considering his position, but he rebounds really well and I expect a lot of his missed shots had to do with having to be the focal point of the offense.

I think it's shot selection - jacked up 3.5 threes a game last year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
chill about his 3 pt %... he's not going to be taking threes unless he develops the shot over the course of the season for the pick and pop... we have hamilton, adams, and purvis as of now for 3s... he needs to board, block shots, and score downlow

Reaction Score
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150418/uconn-men-add-cornell-transfer-shonn-miller

“I’m very excited,” Miller said by phone on Saturday afternoon.

“I was feeling accepted by everybody, welcoming me into their family as if I were already a part of it,” he said.

He should be an immediate impact player for the Huskies.

“I think I can (be),” Miller said. “Whatever’s asked of me, I’ll do. I’m older and maybe a little more mature than a freshman might be coming in. Whatever’s needed, I’ll do.”

Reaction Score
HuskyOfLeisure said:
Great News and Welcome Shonn!! Special Thanks to SchoolBoyQ!!
Was schoolboy Q around campus? Haha what does this mean?

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it is a good pick-up but it is not a great pick-up. We need another shooter - preferably two and 27% from 3 doesn't fit that bill.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it is a good pick-up but it is not a great pick-up. We need another shooter - preferably two and 27% from 3 doesn't fit that bill.

Chief, he wasn't recruited to be a shooter. I can't see him being higher than our 5th option from deep. He'll be muscle down in the post; his job will be grabbing rebounds and finishing around the rim. Come on, I thought you were a big man aficionado!

Reaction Score
Top ten in THE NATION for defensive rebounding and defensive win share. His raw stats are exact matches to Jahlil Okafor's in 1 mpg more. WTF?
Yeah exactly, i wanna know how many players averaged about 17 and 9, regardless of his league those are great numbers.

C

Chief00

Chief, he wasn't recruited to be a shooter. I can't see him being higher than our 5th option from deep. He'll be muscle down in the post; his job will be grabbing rebounds and finishing around the rim. Come on, I thought you were a big man aficionado!

Anyone who watched games last season would identify shooting as a major obstacle to overcome to get victories. Other than Adams I don't see progress on the front. Enoch will be a post shooter but we need a 3 shooter to spread the floor.

Reaction Score
Anyone who watched games last season would identify shooting as a major obstacle to overcome to get victories. Other than Adams I don't see progress on the front. Enoch will be a post shooter but we need a 3 shooter to spread the floor.
Not knowing his situation, i wish we would've gone after Kobie Eubanks

Reaction Score
We will get a shooter. Yes it is a problem. But Miller is an excellent 4 and the fact that our shooter hasn't committed yet isn't a reason to rain on a happy day.

Reaction Score
hamilton and purvis are both capable shooters. purvis specifically. look at his stats down the stretch last season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We could sign Shaq and people would complain about him bringing the team free throw percentage down.

It's true that three point shooting is a concern going into next season, but Miller is a great add independent of that.
we'll have adams, hamilton, and purvis... facey took some jumpshots this past year and looks to have great form and stroke, if he can work on his game this summer i think he can be a great pick and pop guy as well as a 3 point shooter

Reaction Score
So you guys are sure one of them can ball?

Were-the-Millers-Cast(1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc