Its April and we have an identity | The Boneyard

Its April and we have an identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
December/January and February they didn't seem to have an identity. But they sure have one now. I'm curious to know what you think their identity is.

Before yesterday I thought it was Bazz and everyone else. Sure we may not have a collection of potential AAs but as a team we have an AA team that is experienced, fears no one, plays together and has so much confidence. I even see DD rebounding more while blocking shots with authority, to jump start his offensive game. He even was getting up in Payne's face (yeah!!) Giffey is looking for his shot more than early in the season. Boat is bragging about defense and locking down players. Brimah is not a freshman anymore and has grown before our eyes. He is altering shots and intimidating opponents so much they avoid the paint. But this team knows how to keep things close, rest Bazz some while he's on the court, and set the table for him to take over. I could go on but to say this team is only about Bazz in not true. This team yields to Bazz for obvious reasons but not every team can or would yield to a leader. I'm luvin the unselfishness and the belief they have in each other and Bazz. No panic at all. Very impressive.

So I say their identity is tenacity, fighters, resilience, confident and always setting the table for Bazz time.

Finally it may not seem like it but we can now put this team in the discussions of our all time UConn great squads (by virtue of a FF and it would be disrespectful not to). They may not come out on top but better team collection of UConn players did not accomplish what this group has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom