It's A Mess | The Boneyard

It's A Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just surprised to see that ESPN has completely revised its website. It's so different that at first I thought that I had gone to the wrong location. In my opinion it's an ugly, disjointed mess. Women's basketball is now hidden under the symbol ... and appears under the heading NCAAW. The content is the same that it was earlier in the day, but a lot harder to find and negotiate.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with you - i don't like it but... nothing we can do about it except get used to it, or go to a different place for sports info...

Reaction Score
Hmmmm.... ESPN.com looks the same as it has on my machine...????

Reaction Score
Yeah, used my archived link earlier tonight and got a message saying the webpage no longer exits. What's up with that??
Finally went to Google and requested ESPN women's basketball and got the new current page. Why the change? Anybody know?

Reaction Score
??? Whether I use my bookmarked link or go in from scratch the site looks the same as it always did.

Reaction Score
I was just surprised to see that ESPN has completely revised its website. It's so different that at first I thought that I had gone to the wrong location. In my opinion it's an ugly, disjointed mess. Women's basketball is now hidden under the symbol ... and appears under the heading NCAAW. The content is the same that it was earlier in the day, but a lot harder to find and negotiate.
ESPN is the sports god. You must pay homage or you will only be able to receive "The Young and the Restless" soap operas when you click on the channel.

Actually, I was never particularly fond of the arrangement before either. I think its the result of trying to cover too many facets of sports all coming off of one web page. They do break out recruiting of course and that works providing you know they did it and can find it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Haven't loved a lot that ESPN has done to UConn in the past -- and if I was a Conspiracy Kitty type I would suspect they were behind the UTenn filing in 2006 that gave ESPN both a big story and also gave them huge publicity as the hallowed media site that Maya wanted to visit --but in this case I like the change. Cleaner.

"Women's BB" is blazoned on the top banner on the same basis as NCAAM after you select NCAAW from that dots menu (though I'm not sure about the inconsistency in the use of the two descriptives for the women), the dots\Other Sports menu is easier to use, and the WBB area just looks easier to navigate. Some changes are for the good, and maybe someday a change will be made that puts NCAAM and NCAAW on an even more equal basis.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The mobile site is now infinitely better

Reaction Score
What is different, they have always been separated and always been identified as NCAAW. What is the issue?

Reaction Score
I like the new look, a lot less red than the old pages and easier on these old eyes. Navigating new pages usually requires a little effort to find your way around.

Reaction Score
You can create an account and customize the homepage with your teams and sports. When I get to ESPN.com, I have the upcoming UConn game(s) listed on the left side and Women's BB is the top sport listed for me on the headline bar. It may take a few days to get used to the new layout, but you can customize your own page to see what you want first.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
img_3321.jpg

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I like the new page. It has a ton of content compared to the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom