Italy Game and Pictures (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Italy Game and Pictures (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
mercy rule ?
Yes, Bologna time is 6 hours ahead of New York City so it's time for an evening meal & then head to a nightclub.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I guess I'm one of those bastards, last Veteran's day my wife made me get a haircut. She said the shoulder length hair is not my style. Went to Great Clips and got my free haircut, cut it close to a military regulation haircut.

When I got back home she was pissed that I went that far. I guess you win some and lose some. This year I got another haircut in May instead of going a whole year without one, she was kind of happy I did.;)
I’m not mad at YOU Serge. :) It’s not your fault that my father, brother, and I all had the same barber. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
So when is Geno going to give KK the keys to the (UConn) farrari?
Right after the final game this year. ;) She’ll be ready to take them. She’ll be so much better in April than she is now.

Reaction Score
Me either Gus. My hairline started receding decades ago. It stopped when it could not go any further. I hate guys our age with a full head of hair....bastards. :mad:

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I found these results by googling : UCONN WOMEN's Basketball vs Italian All Stars
There was a brief article from the Stamford Newspaper with a small story line.
Q. Samuels led the team in scoring. Google for more info.
That may not be the last time you read that headline. Q will have a breakout game where she should lead all scorers. Who knows, maybe there will be a few other games where the basket looks the size of a hoola hoop and she can’t miss.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Everyone ate today.
2Q==.jpg

Carnac

Reaction Score
The gym may not be air conditioned. Maybe the refs called the game after 30 mins.?
I'll bet nobody complained when the game was called. :confused: Be honest, did anyone think that two of the freshmen would be the team’s leading scorers in any of these games? :eek:

These exhibitions are whetting our appetite for the season to begin. I honestly don’t think any of our freshmen will be intimidated by D1 competition.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought this was going to be the toughest test? Clearl, I was misinformed!

Reaction Score
It's being reported by a UConn fan (Thanks Phil), who was at the game, that Caroline took a hit to the head, left the game and didn't return. She can't catch a break.

Reaction Score
It's being reported by a UConn fan (Thanks Phil), who was at the game, that Caroline took a hit to the head, left the game and didn't return. She can't catch a break.
again vs Italy ??!! or is this old news from game 1?

Reaction Score
I'll bet nobody complained when the game was called. :confused: Be honest, did anyone think that two of the freshmen would be the team’s leading scorers in any of these games? :eek:

These exhibitions are whetting our appetite for the season to begin. I honestly don’t think any of our freshmen will be intimidated by D1 competition.
They may not be intimidated but they can be exploited. Their offense won't be what gets them any meaningful PT. If they can't play defense to Auriemma's standard and can be targeted by a D1 offense, he just won't play them other than mop up time. These scrimmages are not going to help determine that because of the complete lack of competition. Arnold has the best opportunity of the three freshmen to get time because of her ability to provide on ball pressure and with the offensive flow she's able to generate with her quickness and floor vision.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The poster @Phil hasnt posted since April and there’s no such news on his Instagram or Twitter accounts. @phil sampieri hasn’t posted since early July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom