It was Oliver's coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It was Oliver's coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those two were terrible last night. I almost fell out of the chair when called him Oliver. That wasn't long after Raftery compared Bumbry to Dr. J.... Seriously Bill?

I think he meant the Philly connection and the big afro

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Would have been nice if that Neigh-Pierre kid could have hit that shot at the end of regulation.....
It's French - Nap - (long) ee - (long) aa

Reaction Score
As bad as Verne is try listening to PJ on the radio,by the half he is totally hoarse and gasping into the mic,makes you want to pull the car over and lysol it he sounds so contagious

pj

Reaction Score
As bad as Verne is try listening to PJ on the radio,by the half he is totally hoarse and gasping into the mic,makes you want to pull the car over and lysol it he sounds so contagious

Hey, I'm still recovering from the flu.

Reaction Score
Vern is a nice 74 year old gentleman who has been calling games since when the rim was a peach basket. Just wait, your brain cells will die off too. "oh my goodness".

Reaction Score
If I have to listen to Vern to get to hear Raftery, thats an okay trade by me. Love hearing Raftery call games.

Reaction Score
I heard that too. stupid verne
I find the Oliver thing so bad that it's funny. From this point forward I propose that Oliver is a perfectly acceptable second name for KO. At least the initials still apply, so Verne has that going for him, which is nice.

Reaction Score
Why not just put kevin harlan with bill raftery…that'd be epic. Would the world implode?

I would literally not walk away from the TV for one second.. not even to pee. And also, you could tell Verne knows NOTHING about UConn.. when Deandre made 2 threes in the 1st half, he acted shocked. I mean the kid only shot 44% from downtown on the season. On the 2nd one, I thought Verne was gonna wet himself and Raftery is like geez, look at a scouting report. The kid can shoot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UMass said:
Those two were terrible last night. I almost fell out of the chair when called him Oliver. That wasn't long after Raftery compared Bumbry to Dr. J.... Seriously Bill?

Looked like him and played like him. Pretty obvious comparison in my view.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
One thing I found refreshing about Lundquist. Television announcers are supposed to do promos as if they believe in them. Lundquist treated a few of the promos he had to do with bemusement and sarcasm. Good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom