It was not a hopeless blowout but it felt like a rout | The Boneyard

It was not a hopeless blowout but it felt like a rout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article seems to imply Tuck will not be back next year.

I'm not a big "I told you so" guy, but the tea leaves certainly seem to be pointing in that direction, which is not a surprise at all.

Certainly hope I'm wrong though.

Reaction Score
Article seems to imply Tuck will not be back next year.
Can't be. Tuck said she was definitely coming back. There have been quite a few threads on this topic during the course of this season.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It wasn't a blowout? A 17 point lead with a minute to go? Really? This wasn't an exhibition game against University of Phoenix Online. It was SC. The number two team in a fairly large country, playing on their home court.

No, it wasn't a 30 point win. But only at UConn (or the BY) is that the standard to be employed. By any other reasonable standard, this WAS a blowout.

Reaction Score
Yes it was a blowout. They was up big the whole game and never was threaten. Not to mention we slowed the pace down to work on our offense for the last 6 games.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
So, an article analyzing the most anticipated matchup of the regular season morphs into a thread complete with gloating about Tuck being gone? What fun: while y'all are at it, I have a grave or two upon which you may dance.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a blowout? A 17 point lead with a minute to go? Really? This wasn't an exhibition game against University of Phoenix Online. It was SC. The number two team in a fairly large country, playing on their home court.

No, it wasn't a 30 point win. But only at UConn (or the BY) is that the standard to be employed. By any other reasonable standard, this WAS a blowout.

It certainly was a methodical beatdown, a road game against the #2 team on their floor where they've been dominant and the final was never in doubt. You never got the feeling SC could do anything against UConn's defense. Of course lead by the great Mo Jeff! who may be the best two-way PG in the history of the women's game.

I think Geno was very clever when he made the statement for all to hear that the Huskies won't face a tougher challenge the rest of the way and into March. Something for the rest of the field to ponder. Not only is this team loaded with talent and leadership they have that ju-ju that great teams/players have, it's exciting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom