It was a good day. | The Boneyard

It was a good day.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When I saw the thread title, I assumed that the initial message would be something like "... not only because UConn won, but because Tennessee lost!"

Ooh. Forgot. :confused: Geno saying it was a good day 10 times in his presser stood out over everything else hence the title. Shouldn't have forgot after enjoying the comments at Volnation. Maybe another thread saying "It was a great day" :rolleyes:. Throw in Quinnipiac for extra delight.

Reaction Score
No question Geno likes to win. However, I think he wanted this win more than most. This victory with his team playing great basketball, probably tasted better than most. Just my thinking. "Best backcourt in the USA".

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I actually thought Geno looked a little tired at his presser, and certainly not his usual loquacious self. Nevertheless, he was very satisfied with the win. I'm sure he will be back at it this morning preparing for UCLA and a likely rematch with the turtles. It's too bad he can't go out and hit a bucket of balls on the range beforehand.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When I saw the thread title, I assumed that the initial message would be something like "... not only because UConn won, but because Tennessee lost!"
1601f108996c825be8d76a576c4f3094_it-was-a-good-day-ice-cube-ice-cube-it-was-a-good-day-memes_480-360.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's an emotional roller coaster at this point of the season. Plus he always fears the elite 8 game, and this year guess who's the likely opponent. A lot is weighing on him. So, trying to read anything into his mood is futile. It'll change like New England weather...

Reaction Score

Sadly with Tennessee losing more these days, it's not even a good day any more. It's just a regular day and has been for the past few years. ;)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Two points:

Geno getting excited over the scrabble play in the front of the bench. He usually doesn't get that way until after a victory.

His demeanor in the post game presser was just amazement at what this team did. I really believe the team keeps suprising him on the capablilities.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Was at the game, here are some of the things that made it a good day for me:

1. Giving almost 3,000 students free tickets to the game. In the upper deck behind the basket on the Syracuse end, having loads of fun, adding to the atmosphere.

2. Our Gabby is better than your Gabby. There was one play, at the beginning of the second half, when she grabbed a rebound, dribbled coast to coast, and fed Napheesa for a layup. Our center, dribbling, beat everyone up the floor. Who does that, really?!!

3. Lou`s toughness. The word must have been out to bump her around. She took a hit to the jaw a few seconds in during a loose ball following the opening tip. Clobbered on a drive to the hoop in the first half. Brianna Day (who is way better than I thought) wacked her a couple of times - once on a drive and layup late in the game, I thought they should have reviewed for flagrant. Lou came up jawing after that one. She hit the deck at least a half dozen times, but also made a ton of free throws.

4. Our offensive flow. I figured this would be a good matchup for us, with their press leading to an open court and a lot of assists and easy hoops. But I wasn`t anticipating 30 assists out of 33 hoops. Movement and passing was team basketball at its best. Syracuse was only 8 on 26 although Peterson is very good and was able to beat us off the dribble and get into the lane as well as anyone we have played against all year (like Mitchell of OSU in the first half of that game).

5. Kia`s corner bank shot. She must have figured that Lou had already taken the Jordan shrug move, so she went with the arm flap instead.

963.jpg

Reaction Score
I was there too and second what was said. It looked like students in the uppers at both ends of the floor. They brought a ton of energy and noise!
I was concerned about this group and the press but they did a great job. Also showed that just having guards who can shoot and penetrate is not enough to beat UConn. They scored (Peterson is really good!) but I thought our perimeter defense was good.

Loved the offensive flow. Beautiful to watch.

Reaction Score
I actually thought Geno looked a little tired at his presser, and certainly not his usual loquacious self. Nevertheless, he was very satisfied with the win. I'm sure he will be back at it this morning preparing for UCLA and a likely rematch with the turtles. It's too bad he can't go out and hit a bucket of balls on the range beforehand.
Maybe not tired, just content.

Reaction Score
1. Giving almost 3,000 students free tickets to the game. In the upper deck behind the basket on the Syracuse end, having loads of fun, adding to the atmosphere.
View attachment 20968
Let's give a bunch of that credit to The Man in the Hat, Ted Plawecki, who came to the game, sat with the kids, and wound them up, good. The kids responded well to him (especially since he has not been around much the past few seasons), bellowing out cheers that haven't been heard at the games in quite some time.
upload_2017-3-21_10-8-56.png

Reaction Score
I actually thought Geno looked a little tired at his presser, and certainly not his usual loquacious self. Nevertheless, he was very satisfied with the win. I'm sure he will be back at it this morning preparing for UCLA and a likely rematch with the turtles. It's too bad he can't go out and hit a bucket of balls on the range beforehand.[

When your team that was supposed to lose one or more times, transcends your imagination. When your team internalizes ALL the UCONN virtues, the points you've hammered, the unselfishness you've sought, and it comes together against a team seeking revenge, the emotion can be draining. I've never seen Geno so sideline animated over positives Sure, he goes nuts on bad calls, but to be so animated over the superlatives was a real treat.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
If you saw the Tennessee/Louisville game and how disruptive the Lady Vol's press was to the Cardinal's offensive flow, you can by comparison truly appreciate how well the Huskies handle the ball.

And as a side note, you might also wonder why Holly didn't employ the press earlier in the game when it might have made a difference in the outcome.

Reaction Score
Let's give a bunch of that credit to The Man in the Hat, Ted Plawecki, who came to the game, sat with the kids, and wound them up, good. The kids responded well to him (especially since he has not been around much the past few seasons), bellowing out cheers that haven't been heard at the games in quite some time.
View attachment 20972
The man in the hat! So glad to see him back despite the disrespect the UConn administration shows for its loyal, longterm WBB fans.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

praise-hands-emoji-3d-printing-27918.jpg

. . . . "Thank you, Jesus!"

. . . . .Can I get an Amen ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01