It just feels so right..... | The Boneyard

It just feels so right.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
been to countless big east titles, and a few final fours as well, season tickets since I was out of the womb...born into uconn blue.

this win tonight just CAPITALIZES on what it means to be a Husky fan. It is such a proud night. It really is. After everything we've been through for the past few years (including a national title) and then JC stepping down....this win tonight just feels so RIGHT for Husky fans.

All we've known for the past 14 years is success and winning. 3 National Titles, 7 Big East Titles....countless amounts of GREAT players...yet this win signifies it almost just as much as those accolades.

Sure- there Duke-UNC, but in all honesty...the UConn- Syracuse rivalry is one for the ages in college basketball- even if it hasn't been around as long as the others.

Now that Cuse has moved on to another conference, and we're still in the midst of figuring out our situation, this game essentially "closes" out the magnificent rivalry we've had. Call it 6 OT's in '09, call it Jimmy V. Jimmy, call it the 2 best programs out of the Big East.....This win "DOES IT" for me.

It's just another CLASSIC UConn victory......and to many more, as I live and die with UConn basketball, I go to sleep happy tonight. CONGRATS 'YARD. We really can feel good tonight.

Reaction Score
been to countless big east titles, and a few final fours as well, season tickets since I was out of the womb...born into uconn blue.

this win tonight just CAPITALIZES on what it means to be a Husky fan. It is such a proud night. It really is. After everything we've been through for the past few years (including a national title) and then JC stepping down....this win tonight just feels so RIGHT for Husky fans.

All we've known for the past 14 years is success and winning. 3 National Titles, 7 Big East Titles....countless amounts of GREAT players...yet this win signifies it almost just as much as those accolades.

Sure- there Duke-UNC, but in all honesty...the UConn- Syracuse rivalry is one for the ages in college basketball- even if it hasn't been around as long as the others.

Now that Cuse has moved on to another conference, and we're still in the midst of figuring out our situation, this game essentially "closes" out the magnificent rivalry we've had. Call it 6 OT's in '09, call it Jimmy V. Jimmy, call it the 2 best programs out of the Big East.....This win "DOES IT" for me.

It's just another CLASSIC UConn victory......and to many more, as I live and die with UConn basketball, I go to sleep happy tonight. CONGRATS 'YARD. We really can feel good tonight.

14 years? Try 24 years....but good post enjoyed it!!!:)

Reaction Score
Night was perfect for me as we'll.....
- on paper, Cuse had the players. On the floor, UCONN had the players.
- as far as I saw, everyone was respectful to Cuse fans. I'm sure there were some exceptions here and there from both fans.
- we did not rush the court (except for that one dude....man that was awkward)
- the game emphasized what's to come for UCONN......the future looks good if all came back.

Awesome win. Next.....

Reaction Score
Brent spoke of a discussion with KO about Bazz and mentioned this could be his last year. They will evaluate and see where he will go.........

I hope Bazz gets what he deserves but would LOVE to have the whole team back again with the frosh!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have no doubt about it, I love these guys and the courage and determination they showed last night but the take away from last night was an old guard HOF coach getting his hat handed to him by the new kid in town. Could not be prouder of our guys, but Kevin has succeeded, to date, beyond all reasonable expectation.

That said, we're still DOOOOMED.

Reaction Score
About the comment about Bazz leaving, I really would love to see Bazz become the bridge this program needs. I don't think UConn ever needed a player to return as much as it needs Bazz. He could be UConn's Jameer Nelson.

About Syracuse being our biggest rival, I agree, and Calhoun does too. He said Cuse might prefer G'town as its biggest rival, but Cuse is UConn's biggest. The thing is, though Cuse is the biggest, it really is true that UConn doesn't have an absolute rival you love to hate. Until recently, I always rooted for the Cuse to win its games OOC. That's not a rival. one could easily argue as well that for a good part of the 2000s, Pitt was an even bigger rival than Syracuse. The games in the BET were always classics against Pitt, and they did NOT take a back seat to the games against Cuse. I actually hated Pitt a lot more than Cuse, and they felt more like a rival to me at times. But Pitt's "tantalizing" exploits year after year took a lot of the oomph away.

Reaction Score
About the comment about Bazz leaving, I really would love to see Bazz become the bridge this program needs. I don't think UConn ever needed a player to return as much as it needs Bazz. He could be UConn's Jameer Nelson.

About Syracuse being our biggest rival, I agree, and Calhoun does too. He said Cuse might prefer G'town as its biggest rival, but Cuse is UConn's biggest. The thing is, though Cuse is the biggest, it really is true that UConn doesn't have an absolute rival you love to hate. Until recently, I always rooted for the Cuse to win its games OOC. That's not a rival. one could easily argue as well that for a good part of the 2000s, Pitt was an even bigger rival than Syracuse. The games in the BET were always classics against Pitt, and they did NOT take a back seat to the games against Cuse. I actually hated Pitt a lot more than Cuse, and they felt more like a rival to me at times. But Pitt's "tantalizing" exploits year after year took a lot of the oomph away.

That's what's great about a great conference. So many rivals, besides Cuse and Pitt, as you mentioned, St John's and PC because of the geographic proximity, and BC, for that matter, I always felt were big rivals, even though they didn't keep pace, success wise.

And why it is so sad.

Reaction Score
We have good rivalries with Pitt and Cuse. I can see Cuse and Georgetown being big, but I think that is overemphasized by Cuse fans. They seem to minimize our rivalry as a coping mechanism for dealing with our superiority. It would sting more if they said "yes, UConn is our biggest rival and they have outperformed us for the last 25 years." Much easier to just say ", Georgetown is our biggest rival anyway."

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We have good rivalries with Pitt and Cuse. I can see Cuse and Georgetown being big, but I think that is overemphasized by Cuse fans. They seem to minimize our rivalry as a coping mechanism for dealing with our superiority. It would sting more if they said "yes, UConn is our biggest rival and they have outperformed us for the last 25 years." Much easier to just say ", Georgetown is our biggest rival anyway."

I think the SU fans in question major in ancient history.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
That's what's great about a great conference. So many rivals, besides Cuse and Pitt, as you mentioned, St John's and PC because of the geographic proximity, and BC, for that matter, I always felt were big rivals, even though they didn't keep pace, success wise.

And why it is so sad.

You're correct to add St Johns as a rival. They had good teams from '99-'01 and battled us in BET and the Jarvis "ticketgate" made things even more interesting at MSG. PC on the other hand, just the proximity.

As for the Big East, its sad. However, doesn't mean UConn's success will end. The conference thing will fall into place I believe and KO will get the recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom