It is Time to Change the Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It is Time to Change the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What Duke should do is hire a first rate coach not impose Geno rules.They have had and do have the talent to beat UConn but they will never do it with a third rate coach like Coach P. They need to hire someone like Shea Ralph who knows how to build a successful program.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What Duke should do is hire a first rate coach not impose Geno rules.They have had and do have the talent to beat UConn but they will never do it with a third rate coach like Coach P. They need to hire someone like Shea Ralph who knows how to build a successful program.

This came out of left field :confused:

But anyway... this thread isnt about Duke... its about Egg Nog :p:p:p:p:p:p Lemme head out a quest to find some

Reaction Score
I love egg nog too. S&S had a few left yesterday, but not in the usual place, but I found them. Yay. Their used to be egg nog in a can years ago, but I haven't seen any for awhile. It was pretty good.

Reaction Score
^^^^^ don't scold me Kib, it was auto correct. I know the difference between their and there.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Enough is enough!!!! For the past twenty years the entire realm of college woman’s basketball have been peons to the Royal House of UCONN, and its King, Geno the First. In Las Vegas, the surest bet in all of sports is that the UCONN Woman will win their next basketball game. It’s like the best little league baseball team in America facing the ( insert name of your favorite baseball team) - they will not win. We can spend thousands of words trying to explain the unusual success of UCONN - but, in the end here is all that matters: As long as King Geno the First rules, nothing will change. UCONN will continue to be a singular dot of statistical abnormality on the far right, of the bell curve, of college woman’s basketball.

SOOO, to try and level the playing field for the rest of the the woman's college basketball world, especially those who might not be so good, but would like to have a chance anyway - the game should be TEMPORARILY CHANGED as long as King Geno I remains in power.

If you are a team outside of the top twenty-five, you get four chances to beat UCONN. All you have to do is win any ten minute period and you win the game.

If you are a top twenty-five team, all you have to do is win any three ten minute periods.

This will give the hopeless some HOPE.

These new rules will not apply to any post season tournament play.
Each opponent should be allowed to use a male player for each loss they have on their record.

Reaction Score
The easiest thing to do to bring a little more parity is to reduce scholarships which would distribute more of the better players around WCBB. It had a huge effect on college football. It prevented top programs from stacking 5 star recruits. The NCAA could redistribute the reduced WCBB scholarships to other women's sports for Title IX purposes.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There is a NC Based fast food chain restaurant called Cook-out that serves Egg Nog Milkshakes... but just during the month of December. They have advertised it for years... but I never tried one until a few weeks ago. It was quite tasty indeed. They also allow you to option to mix milkshake flavors.... so I tried a Egg Nog and Caramel Fudge Milkshake a few days ago :) Next on my list to try is a Double Chocolate, Mocha, and Egg Nog Combination

View attachment 17928

That sounds absurdly delicious.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
officially 46 flavors available..... actually 47 .... they added a Butterfinger milkshake a few months ago. Ive been going there for over 20 years and I just found out in October that you can mix the flavors :oops: Warning.... dont click on if you are craving a milkshake

http://raleighdurham.about.com/od/diningandnightlife/a/cookout-shake.htm
How did this thread degenerate into something so wonderful and tasty? Can you folks please get back on topic. Damn embarrassing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How did this thread degenerate into something so wonderful and tasty?

cat.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just leaving this here in case anybody can't find eggnog in the store and the situation becomes desperate. It's pretty easy to make on your own…and there are also alternate instructions here for slightly cooking the eggs to pasteurize them, for anyone not comfortable with using raw ones.

Homemade Eggnog (Spiked or Not) - Wholefully

This is something that I may have to try...... maybe in the middle of the summer.... or maybe in January when they stop selling Egg Nog in the stores. Ive never had egg nog with alcohol in it though. ...... maybe Ive been missing out :eek:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How did this thread degenerate into something so wonderful and tasty? Can you folks please get back on topic. Damn embarrassing.
Welcome to the Boneyard, where topics wander at will!

My son goes college in North Carolina and apparently going to the Cookout in the middle of the night for a milkshake is on the "must do" list before graduation.

Reaction Score
Enough is enough!!!! For the past twenty years the entire realm of college woman’s basketball have been peons to the Royal House of UCONN, and its King, Geno the First. In Las Vegas, the surest bet in all of sports is that the UCONN Woman will win their next basketball game. It’s like the best little league baseball team in America facing the ( insert name of your favorite baseball team) - they will not win. We can spend thousands of words trying to explain the unusual success of UCONN - but, in the end here is all that matters: As long as King Geno the First rules, nothing will change. UCONN will continue to be a singular dot of statistical abnormality on the far right, of the bell curve, of college woman’s basketball.

SOOO, to try and level the playing field for the rest of the the woman's college basketball world, especially those who might not be so good, but would like to have a chance anyway - the game should be TEMPORARILY CHANGED as long as King Geno I remains in power.

If you are a team outside of the top twenty-five, you get four chances to beat UCONN. All you have to do is win any ten minute period and you win the game.

If you are a top twenty-five team, all you have to do is win any three ten minute periods.

Enough is enough!!!! For the past twenty years the entire realm of college woman’s basketball have been peons to the Royal House of UCONN, and its King, Geno the First. In Las Vegas, the surest bet in all of sports is that the UCONN Woman will win their next basketball game. It’s like the best little league baseball team in America facing the ( insert name of your favorite baseball team) - they will not win. We can spend thousands of words trying to explain the unusual success of UCONN - but, in the end here is all that matters: As long as King Geno the First rules, nothing will change. UCONN will continue to be a singular dot of statistical abnormality on the far right, of the bell curve, of college woman’s basketbal

Reaction Score
Sounds PCish plus its NUTS....play basketball or go home...

JordyG

Reaction Score

My son goes college in North Carolina and apparently going to the Cookout in the middle of the night for a milkshake is on the "must do" list before graduation.
Seems I've misplaced my Gulfstream. Guess I'll have to start a franchise here in NYC with my pocket change.

JordyG

Reaction Score
This is something that I may have to try. maybe in the middle of the summer.... or maybe in January when they stop selling Egg Nog in the stores. Ive never had egg nog with alcohol in it though. . maybe Ive been missing out :eek:
You most certainly are.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

More like before the fall break of your freshman year :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Never really liked egg-nog. Don't know if it was the egg or the nog that made it so distasteful???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom