It is Time to Change the Game | The Boneyard

It is Time to Change the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enough is enough!!!! For the past twenty years the entire realm of college woman’s basketball have been peons to the Royal House of UCONN, and its King, Geno the First. In Las Vegas, the surest bet in all of sports is that the UCONN Woman will win their next basketball game. It’s like the best little league baseball team in America facing the ( insert name of your favorite baseball team) - they will not win. We can spend thousands of words trying to explain the unusual success of UCONN - but, in the end here is all that matters: As long as King Geno the First rules, nothing will change. UCONN will continue to be a singular dot of statistical abnormality on the far right, of the bell curve, of college woman’s basketball.

SOOO, to try and level the playing field for the rest of the the woman's college basketball world, especially those who might not be so good, but would like to have a chance anyway - the game should be TEMPORARILY CHANGED as long as King Geno I remains in power.

If you are a team outside of the top twenty-five, you get four chances to beat UCONN. All you have to do is win any ten minute period and you win the game.

If you are a top twenty-five team, all you have to do is win any three ten minute periods.

This will give the hopeless some HOPE.

These new rules will not apply to any post season tournament play.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe. Perhaps after every opposing teams basket UConn's players have to dribble with rubber mallets in each hand, then ask "Pretty Please?" before shooting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You are wrong....it's never too early to hit the eggnog.

Actually im on the way to the gym.... and im going to pick up some egg nog afterwards.. Post-workout protein :p

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
"If you are a top twenty-five team, all you have to do is win any three ten minute periods"

I do not quite understand this rule change. If a team wins any three ten minute periods out of 4, does it not mean that they would likely win the game directly on points?.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
"If you are a top twenty-five team, all you have to do is win any three ten minute periods"

I do not quite understand this rule change. If a team wins any three ten minute periods out of 4, does it not mean that they would likely win the game directly on points?.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Not.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually im on the way to the gym.... and im going to pick up some egg nog afterwards.. Post-workout protein :p
I was on the way to the gym as well. Today I blazed past at a much quicker pace. Talk about dumbbells.

Reaction Score
Enough is enough!!!! For the past twenty years the entire realm of college woman’s basketball have been peons to the Royal House of UCONN, and its King, Geno the First. In Las Vegas, the surest bet in all of sports is that the UCONN Woman will win their next basketball game. It’s like the best little league baseball team in America facing the ( insert name of your favorite baseball team) - they will not win. We can spend thousands of words trying to explain the unusual success of UCONN - but, in the end here is all that matters: As long as King Geno the First rules, nothing will change. UCONN will continue to be a singular dot of statistical abnormality on the far right, of the bell curve, of college woman’s basketball.

SOOO, to try and level the playing field for the rest of the the woman's college basketball world, especially those who might not be so good, but would like to have a chance anyway - the game should be TEMPORARILY CHANGED as long as King Geno I remains in power.

If you are a team outside of the top twenty-five, you get four chances to beat UCONN. All you have to do is win any ten minute period and you win the game.

If you are a top twenty-five team, all you have to do is win any three ten minute periods.

Thanks Shaughnessy.

Reaction Score

That last one would be the key. Geno et al will find a way to make it to the dance and then...well...

Reaction Score

Wait. What???

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Back in ancient times, I was on a really good junior high basketball team. In order to challenge us, one day in practice our coach made us play our backups while wearing heavy work gloves. Obviously, it was much harder to dribble, pass, shoot, etc., but we still won.

Reaction Score
Good luck finding egg nog. I was looking for some last week and there is none to be had at Stop and Shop. But hey they've got plenty of Valentine's Day candy. I hate that they move on from holidays before the holiday even gets here.

Reaction Score
  • "Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad": Wadsworth essentially quoting Euripides. In ancient Greek tragedy, first comes hubris (or arrogance) followed by madness and then total and complete destruction.
  • "Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down." Old show biz wisdom

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good luck finding egg nog. I was looking for some last week and there is none to be had at Stop and Shop. But hey they've got plenty of Valentine's Day candy. I hate that they move on from holidays before the holiday even gets here.

Left the gym and headed straight to the grocery store... and no egg nog :mad::mad::mad::mad:Head bangHead bangHead bang

I'll check out another store today.....

JS

Reaction Score
Good luck finding egg nog. I was looking for some last week and there is none to be had at Stop and Shop.
My Stop & Shop had a ton of it on Thursday. Big display emphasizing Hood Golden. I know because I bought four half gallons.

One excuse is we might take some to my stepson's house a couple hours from now. They're hosting the Christmas Eve spread this year.

The other excuse is I love eggnog and regret it's only available at this time of year. Of course I don't classify it as a dessert. More like something festive and convivial.

That's when people know I'm into it. Absent festive or convivial circumstances, I'm fully prepared to drink it furtively.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There is a NC Based fast food chain restaurant called Cook-out that serves Egg Nog Milkshakes... but just during the month of December. They have advertised it for years... but I never tried one until a few weeks ago. It was quite tasty indeed. They also allow you to option to mix milkshake flavors.... so I tried a Egg Nog and Caramel Fudge Milkshake a few days ago :) Next on my list to try is a Double Chocolate, Mocha, and Egg Nog Combination

excited.gif

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom