It is official, Brianna Banks to Penn State | The Boneyard

It is official, Brianna Banks to Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
good for her... guess it wasnt about "being close to home"

I am hoping your use of "guess" is in fact intended as a WAG, rather than an insinuation that she lied to "us," with the full understanding that you are completely in the dark about the intentions and inner thoughts of what all evidence leads us to believe is a wonderful young women caught in a difficult situation. There have been many who have commented that PSU is in fact closer through other players from Georgia and regular air connections. Please be cautious about differentiating what you really know to be fact from what your hunches, best guesses, etc. are. This young women deserves no slander from UConn nation. She will always be a husky in my heart. I miss her and wish her the best in basketball and beyond.

Reaction Score
Bri is a great kid. Curious about your wag on the difficult situation. What is the situation? Maybe she just wanted more playing time, nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Good grief. I certainly don't read Daddy Choc's post as being a.t. even slightly negative about Banks, let alone slanderous.
There is nothing in this thread that is not supportive of the kid, and I don't think there is a single Boneyard fan who wishes her a.t. but the best.....and nothing be victories for her other than when she plays UCONN. I'm sure DC is a much of a supporter of Banks as anyone on here and wants nothing but good things for her. Think Happy Valley is a great spot for her, knowing the area as I do; she'll even be able to get some pretty good ice cream out that way.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Good grief. I certainly don't read Daddy Choc's post as being a.t. even slightly negative about Banks, let alone slanderous.
There is nothing in this thread that is not supportive of the kid, and I don't think there is a single Boneyard fan who wishes her a.t. but the best.....and nothing be victories for her other than when she plays UCONN. I'm sure DC is a much of a supporter of Banks as anyone on here and wants nothing but good things for her. Think Happy Valley is a great spot for her, knowing the area as I do; she'll even be able to get some pretty good ice cream out that way.
Winlots, thanks... they missed my whole point! I was speaking of how others always "assume" its about being closer to home geesh.

Nice to see Banks is still loved around here... Go BANKS

Reaction Score
Winlots, thanks... they missed my whole point! I was speaking of how others always "assume" its about being closer to home geesh.

Nice to see Banks is still loved around here... Go BANKS
No assuming was necessary. Brianna did say she wanted to be closer to home. These are her words: “I decided to transfer because I feel like I need a fresh start somewhere closer to home” followed by “I really appreciate all that my teammates, coaches, and the university have done for me and I will miss everyone at UConn dearly.” (taken from http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052014aaa.html) I guess now she's only about 800 miles away from home instead of 1000. Closer to home now indeed.

Reaction Score
No assuming was necessary. Brianna did say she wanted to be closer to home. These are her words: “I decided to transfer because I feel like I need a fresh start somewhere closer to home” followed by “I really appreciate all that my teammates, coaches, and the university have done for me and I will miss everyone at UConn dearly.” (taken from http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052014aaa.html)

There was assuming....by DC.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Biranna was great in high school. I doubt if anyone remembers this, but I started a thread back in the spring of 2011 about a buddy of mine from Georgia who'd seen her play and was impressed. She was great in the McDs AA game, and impressed at various points throughout her first two years. Last year was tough for her, but she scored the final points of the 2013-14 season. Can't take that away from her.

Best wishes to Ms. Banks in Pennsylvania. I did think it was a little odd to leave when she was presumably done with 3/4 of a degree already, but if she can graduate this coming year and have part of a graduate program paid for during the 2015-16 academic year (and basketball season!), well, great for her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No assuming was necessary. Brianna did say she wanted to be closer to home. These are her words: “I decided to transfer because I feel like I need a fresh start somewhere closer to home” followed by “I really appreciate all that my teammates, coaches, and the university have done for me and I will miss everyone at UConn dearly.” (taken from http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052014aaa.html) I guess now she's only about 800 miles away from home instead of 1000. Closer to home now indeed.
thanks for providing facts...

and as I said saying "some" was "assuming" (yeah yeah yeah, I know, blah blah blah) players transfer to be "closer to home"... with Banks going to Penn State we all see that wasnt the reason, even if she was the one who said it lol #facts

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish her the very best. We only saw flashes of what she's capable doing on the court. I hope PSU gives her a place where she can pull it all together.

Reaction Score
I always loved BB. Typical freshman season, some flashes of brilliance and blunder, rededicated herself her sophomore year and was playing really well, and then the knee. I hope she finishes her college career with all the success her ferocity and heart deserve.

Reaction Score
Good news for her and PSU will be a good fit for her and her skill set........

Reaction Score
I really hope she does well and remains injury free.

I always liked her and felt that she would have made a considerable impact had it not been for her injury setbacks. She made quite a leap in her sophomore campaign just before she went down with the ACL.

I will be rooting for her.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Brianna. Whatever her reasons for transferring I wish her well and nothing but success.

To those posters who feel like other posters have "slandered" her or were passing judgment on her motives.... Slander is a pretty harsh word, and the comment in question is certainly not slanderous. A simple statement that references a comment made by Brianna herself is not out of bounds or making assumptions that damages her in anyway. For those making the accusation that the comment in question was filled with assumptions and insinuations, I find the insinuation that the comment was made with malice to be equally filled with assumptions and insinuations.

Kind of the "pot calling the kettle black" as my dear grandmother was fond of saying.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Good for her. Hope she is happy in the valley. Get it? Happy? Valley? :D
. I don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors