it: Game thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

it: Game thread

Reaction Score
I was invested in this game the whole way. They played hard and were fun to watch. More assists than turnovers finally.

Heartbreaking loss. Can't believe they let that kid hit the three at the end of regulation. Oh well :(

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was a high % shot that adams makes 9/10 times. Given how badly this team struggles to score, I'd rather they do that.

Sure he does. Why not just say 99/100?

Even if he makes it you’ve still got to defend and play another OT on the road with a team that ran out of gas halfway through the second half.

You can’t lead the complaints against the refs and support that decision. They are completely contradictory.

Reaction Score
First questionable call against us next game I want to see Ollie get in the refs face. I know it’s not the only horrible thing about him but he’s gotta stick up for his players when they’re out there getting clobbered all night and taking a third of the other teams free throws.
That isn't the new KO. He is a sullen coach who resides back in his seat most of the game. I saw this first hand in the Auburn game. The one with the passion is gone after the divorce.

Reaction Score
First questionable call against us next game I want to see Ollie get in the refs face. I know it’s not the only horrible thing about him but he’s gotta stick up for his players when they’re out there getting clobbered all night and taking a third of the other teams free throws.
It's getting to the point where I want to see Ollie moonshot a folding chair

Reaction Score
Would like to know why Anderson was inbounding the ball in a crucial spot late when Larrier is usually the inbounder. Even though Jalen was pushed it was a bad play.

Reaction Score
That isn't the new KO. He is a sullen coach who resides back in his seat most of the game. I saw this first hand in the Auburn game. The one with the passion is gone after the divorce.

*after Napier

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
His only two Techs I can remember were embarrassingly awful. The ejection vs Louisville and the crucial paper tossing tantrum with a chance to beat Maryland in the BigErn game. Part of Calhoun’s magic was working the refs. How many times did we say “man we got hosed by the refs” in JC’s days?

Reaction Score
*after Napier
Yeah that too. No reason to be glued to the bench most of the game. These young players can feed off the coach's energy on the sideline.

Reaction Score
His only two Techs I can remember were embarrassingly awful. The ejection vs Louisville and the crucial paper tossing tantrum with a chance to beat Maryland in the BigErn game. Part of Calhoun’s magic was working the refs. How many times did we say “man we got hosed by the refs” in JC’s days?

This 110%

Reaction Score
At least he showed passion back then. I don't see an ounce of it now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Would like to know why Anderson was inbounding the ball in a crucial spot late when Larrier is usually the inbounder. Even though Jalen was pushed it was a bad play.
He threw it to Jalen in spot where he literally had zero options

Reaction Score
It's going to be a long season if we don't figure out how to trust each other out there on the court.

It's already been a long season. But we need to keep supporting. It's been 14 games. These are 18-21 year old kids we're dealing with. We'll get there and I saw lots of things out there to be excited about. The intangibles that exemplify UConn basketball were there tonight in glimpses. The efforts out of Adams, Larrier, Vital, and Whaley should be commended. We had a few things go against us, but if we continue to see the trust develop between these youngsters the results will follow suit. Lets continue to root and be positive, we're a proud fanbase!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
URI with an easy W. Must be nice to be the New England powerhouse basketball program.

Reaction Score
At least he showed passion back then. I don't see an ounce of it now.

I can see it when he flails his arms, claps really fast and cheerleads the players. Reminds me a lot of Diacos style ... we saw how that turned out. You need a coach that holds players accountable and demands greatness out of them regardless of if they are a Kemba and Okafor or an Austrie and Armstrong

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is progress? Ugh the days I longed for .500 team in the old big east.
Sad to say that we now measure UConn’s progress against a team like Tulsa in an 80% empty gym. Progress will also be our 2nd losing season in 31 years.

Reaction Score
At $3M per year, there’s no “try.” There is “do” or “not do.” maybe you can send KO a participation or a best effort trophy.
I guess the poster is saying we can't even compete at the AAC level. Is the patriot league accepting new teams? LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom