It can be done | The Boneyard

It can be done

Reaction Score
Remember, UConn was assessed early to be among #1 seed before season-long series of injuries and illness visited them. This team is #1 disguised as #2.

Statistics is historical data - it does not determine the outcome of a single game or series of games involving the same team, especially when that team is entirely different from the one that went through the season for the #2 ranking....

If the OP's unstated question is, what is the chance of #2 UConn beating 3 #1s for the NC? As the team is presently constituted and playing, as good as any of the 2 #1s and better than the other 2 #1s, I would say.

Reaction Score
UCONN is a team of destiny. With all of their lost players to injuries they have persevered and moved on. I posted before that if UCONN wins NO.12 , it will be talked about for years to come.The seniors know that this is their last chance for a National Championship and the new freshmen will do their best to help get it for them. GO HUSKIES!!! NO.12

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Remember, UConn was assessed early to be among #1 seed before season-long series of injuries and illness visited them. This team is #1 disguised as #2.

Statistics is historical data - it does not determine the outcome of a single game or series of games involving the same team, especially when that team is entirely different from the one that went through the season for the #2 ranking....

If the OP's unstated question is, what is the chance of #2 UConn beating 3 #1s for the NC? As the team is presently constituted and playing, as good as any of the 2 #1s and better than the other 2 #1s, I would say.
As was pointed out to me in another thread, a #1 can't draw all three of the other #1s, only the 2s and higher. Without digging into cases, the fact that 2s have won the tournament seven times means that in those years, the #1s haven't survived that long.

Reaction Score
As was pointed out to me in another thread, a #1 can't draw all three of the other #1s, only the 2s and higher. Without digging into cases, the fact that 2s have won the tournament seven times means that in those years, the #1s haven't survived that long.
Of course, that is the nature of the draw.....only #2 or lower seeds can.

In this particular case, it has lined up: #2 UConn vs #1 NC State in regional final, #1 Stanford waiting in FF Semis, and unless Michigan takes out #1 Louisville, and then #1 SC, another #1 will be waiting in the championship game.

But the point is a healthy UConn is really NOT #2; it was #1 before misfortune struck. With all the players back healthy and playing well, they are a false #2. So, if they do win NC #12, the notion that they will be the first #2 to take out 3 #1s to win WBB NC should have no credence.

Reaction Score
If Paige were healthy I think we would have a strong chance but it's going to be very hard with the current situation. Ergo I'd go with depth. Paige is not going to carry us.

Reaction Score
If Paige were healthy I think we would have a strong chance but it's going to be very hard with the current situation. Ergo I'd go with depth. Paige is not going to carry us.
Hmmmm....what did she do against NC State just now? Of course, she had help from Azzi and Christyn but in the last 20 minutes of the game, including 2OTs, there was Paige....taking deep breaths but in vintage mode.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I said before the tourney that we'd need our three best games of the year to win it. One down. We won a chance to win another chance. Losing Dorka is a big hit to the depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom