Issac Vann not visiting UConn tomorrow | The Boneyard

Issac Vann not visiting UConn tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Me thinks Vital may have committed. KO probably advised Vann of this????
PLEASE

Reaction Score
Me thinks Vital may have committed. KO probably advised Vann of this????
PLEASE
Is Vital better than Vann? Not to be a downer but I'd rather take a proven commodity than hope for potential.

Reaction Score
Thank the lord, that kid was not a UConn quality player. Wish him the best, could turn into a solid player in the A10 in two or three years but we can't afford to give a scholarship up for him with our targets in the 2017 class

Reaction Score
Is Vital better than Vann?
Not saying I'll be unhappy with a Vital commitment but it's hard to argue against a proven 16.4 ppg as a freshman no matter what conference he played in. Just think with the roster make up that a Vital commitment, along with the possible Thompson commitment will need veteran leadership. Hopefully in the form of a graduate transfer 3 or 4 man who can rebound the hell out of the ball.

Reaction Score
Is Vital better than Vann? Not to be a downer but I'd rather take a proven commodity than hope for potential.
Vital can play this year, which I think makes him infinitely more appealing since the state of our guards next year is Adams, Gilbert (having just injured his shoulder), and Purvis (if he doesn't declare or turn pro elsewhere)

Reaction Score
Sitting a year right now doesn't help us for any immediate needs. I personally wasn't a huge fan of this from the beginning, and if it means something else recruiting-wise is going on I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
I was skeptical about him the whole time. He made absolutely no sense for us. We need live bodies not someone who won't play for a year. With KO on the Olympic team there will be no problem filling 2017 scholarships.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If Vital did commit, I'm wondering whether Ollie pulled the old if-you-don't-sign-on-the-dotted-line-today-I-got-a-guy-coming-in -tomorrow-who-will-trick. This recruiting looks like one tough business.
Still the kid is 6'6" and has some game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Vital did commit, I'm wondering whether Ollie pulled the old if-you-don't-sign-on-the-dotted-line-today-I-got-a-guy-coming-in -tomorrow-who-will-trick. This recruiting looks like one tough business.
Still the kid is 6'6" and has some game.
I don't think coaches do that over three star level recruits. Plus KO doesn't seem to be that type of guy.

Reaction Score
Vital and Vann play different positions and become eligible in different years. I'm not sure how they overlap much at all. Ollie has his reasons, but he's a great recruiter. I'm more curious to see what he has lined up than worried. As @CGarr said, it's hard to worry about 2017 with KO on the Olympic staff.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Vann is from Bridgeport, was really into UConn, and he suddenly pulls out last minute? I would be stunned if this was anything but the staff calling things off. Wondering if this means really good news about Taurean and Christian.

Reaction Score
Vann is from Bridgeport, was really into UConn, and he suddenly pulls out last minute? I would be stunned if this was anything but the staff calling things off. Wondering if this means really good news about Taurean and Christian.
I hope so. Still, with 3 open scholarships for next year (maybe 4 if Purvis leaves), there was room for a redshirt too.

There has to be a missing piece here. It could be a grad transfer. It could be KO expecting a large 2017 class. But from the sound of it, our 2017 class really has 0 guaranteed players in it at this point. As you can tell, I'm certainly curious.

Reaction Score
I hope so. Still, with 3 open scholarships for next year (maybe 4 if Purvis leaves), there was room for a redshirt too.

There has to be a missing piece here. It could be a grad transfer. It could be KO expecting a large 2017 class. But from the sound of it, our 2017 class really has 0 guaranteed players in it at this point. As you can tell, I'm certainly curious.
Yeah, he seemed like a good candidate for scholarship #13. Oh well, at least Vital and Thompson made it to campus.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be kinda bad for the staff to call off the visit the day before? Plus he already is using today to head up to VCU. Me thinks it's his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom