Isn't It Remarkable ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isn't It Remarkable ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am thinking about the supersomethingorote Punks who said we were going to lose by 30 to Syracuse. (and then saw they beat North Florida by a whopping 5 points). We are going to be a work-in-process. And last years play and results don't matter when you see 4 guys (often) that didn't play at all last year. A Zone inefficient offense in Game 2 should be better in play by Game 8. The other bothersome thing is ... "We don't have a Big Man Coach" ... when we actually have a UConn Cult that can step in and help a fellow UConn alum as HC. We can fix things.
Poor coaching or limitation of players. How do you determine this?

Reaction Score
The notion that any message board poster could do a better job than KO is baffling.
I could out coach Ollie as I have the Ruby Converses from The Emerald City Ballers once owned by the Wicked Coach of The East.

img-thing

Reaction Score
It is going to be a tough year and, often, we will not be rooting for wins against certain programs/venues or big wins against the lowly. We have the parallel rooting of development of 5 kids that really haven't played College ball. At the risk of someone remembering what I have typed 3 other times, the big men are vastly differing expectations. Brimah is what he is ... rim protector and awkward on offense/moving/position wise; Facey should improve incrementally with minutes - and confidence is a huge factor; Enoch is the wild card as I agree with all people see - yet he has phenom attributes; and Durham is now being given 2 or 3 things the coaches know he does well & that will expand.

Offense? It looked like crap often. It will get better with Durham or Facey hitting foul line /base line jumpers. We should have guys hit at a greater 3% rate. And Defense? AS much as Boeheim bitched about his offensive shooting, they actually had higher 3% history thus far this year. Could that have been UConn defense that dragged them to 20%?

Reaction Score
Honestly that game last night was barely watchable. If it hadn't been UConn vs. Syracuse I would've turned the channel. At one point I didn't think either team was going to hit double digits. Yes we won (thank goodness) and yes it was against Syracuse (even better) but it certainly wasn't a game to brag about by any stretch. Let's see if this win gives them a little momentum.
Down double digits in a game where points were hard to come by is huge
To find the offense to overcome that deficit is the story of the game.
Hopefully we can find more of that going forward
Jalen's penetration and Dish and Rodney's catch and shoot are the engine of the offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom